Dissing Randy?

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

brenton4you wrote:infact I believe HE TALKED himself into the singer position w/RANDY and KELLI Garni.
i've heard that too
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

The way I see it, Kevin and Randy were friends. Kevin has given a lot of time to the Randy Rhoads legend over the years and that should be respected.

I personally feel that without Randy, Kevin would never have advanced beyond the Sunset Strip. Kevin has helped keep Randy's memory alive with the RR years Quiet Riot release and numerous interviews over the years. Hell, he even lost the footage of Quiet Riot live with Randy that we can all watch on YouTube now! Kevin has given a lot in the name of Randy Rhoads.

It is a shame that he and Rudy have such issues that they cannot work together on this project. Then again, if I were still being asked about a friend of mine who I lost 25 years ago, I might want a break from it as well.
Alex
Mass Poster

Post by Alex »

xx123456
Last edited by Alex on Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alex
Mass Poster

Post by Alex »

xx123456
Last edited by Alex on Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

meh wrote:I personally feel that Kevin has the right to not take part in this documentary, and I respect that decision!
Thanks for posting that. It confirms what I had said in my previous post. Kevin and Rudy are at odds so Kevin chose not to participate. I respect his decision, although I'd like to see Kevin and Rudy reconcile and work out their issues.
frank
Student & Friend of Randy

Post by frank »

meh wrote:I personally feel that Kevin has the right to not take part in this documentary, and I respect that decision!
of course he has the right. no one is disputing that. and i have the right to disagree with his rationale. peter margolis is the producer and his vision will dictate the final product, not the participants. what he chooses to use and how he frames randys memory will be in his hands. i have complete confidence in his capabilities.
frank

Post by frank »

"...monopolize on..randy's life..."
what does that mean anyways?
Stevie

Post by Stevie »

Has it been confirmed they aren't at least giving a percentage to a charity?
frank

Post by frank »

well for starters, peter and dakota films are funding this project 'out of pocket' meaning they're using their own finances. mighty generous of kevin to suggest the direction of their monies. wonder if the kettle is black?
(i really do like him, i swear).
dogfall

Post by dogfall »

I think if Kevin respected Dee's wishes and his friend Randy Rhoads...he would go out of his way to help this project reguardless of how he feels about Rudy Sarzo . I think he wanted attention raised to him because of the new CD rehab and knew if he bucked the film the media "guitar world " would be all over it. Thats the problem I have with Kevin..sounds a little like he has agenda to me.
LoVe Life
dogfall

Post by dogfall »

Stevie wrote:Has it been confirmed they aren't at least giving a percentage to a charity?
It means if you are still in Quiet Riot and have a new CD out you can go to
Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia For Randy Rhoads that can be edited by the public and post a link like "Historical Interview about Randy Rhoads"
and when you click on it ...it is an interview about the new Rehab CD with Kevin and says nothing about Randy? The Wikipedia link for Randy just happens to be the first link in google that pops up when you search for Randy Rhoads. Wonder who put that Rehab link there..

I changed that to Off The Rails because I believed the book is about Randy.
LoVe Life
frank

Post by frank »

haha dogfall, you're evil. and your avatar is sinister-looking. good job.
Randy Magic
Friend of Randy

Post by Randy Magic »

, because Kevin (if you like it or not) has been an essential part of the Randy story. Without him we may never heard of Randy Rhoads......
Sorry, No. Without Randy and QR, Kevin would have never have made it past 1975, period.
infact I believe HE TALKED himself into the singer position w/RANDY and KELLI Garni
Absolutely TRUE. Neither wanted Kevin, but he persisted (and I mean REALLY persisted),and they relented.

Look, there is alot of history with Kevin that NO ONE in the family or close friends will get into, including me. But, two things are clearly true:
1) Kevin completely exaggerates his friendship with Randy, and has taken advantage of Randy's legacy in the past to better himself financially, and
2) The family and Kevin have not had any relationship since the early 1980's for specific reasons. I think it might have something to do with, among other things, the fact that Kevin was taking complete credit for originally starting QR in 1975, when he actually begged to get in.

Kevin's memory is inaccurate on alot of things, so please keep that in mind. But, he was there in the beginning and could contribute greatly to this film, as the family, friends, and fans want...but, no, he takes the same road he has always taken...his way, or no way. Typical.

Gary
frank

Post by frank »

thank you for that gary. you would know.
frank

Post by frank »

btw, gary, are you taking part in the documentary?