Dissing Randy?

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Sarab
Mass Poster

Post by Sarab »

The only thought I have about this whole Kevin/Rudy thing is, how in the hell would he know what Rudy said in his book was inaccurate? It was something that happened while Rudy and Randy were on tour together without Kevin.
Better people....
Better food...
And better beer.
Randy Magic
Friend of Randy

Post by Randy Magic »

Yeah, this is a taboo topic, generally speaking, but, the truth is not just what Kevin thinks it is. The truth is a funny thing, and it can, and does get manipulated and changed over the years. I wish Randy's legacy was not just a reflection of the "memories" of Kevin and Sharon, like it has been over two decades. So, I am REALLY happy this film is being made. Delores would not have approved it unless she felt Randy would be honored in the most accurate light possible. And, the fact that family and friends are contributing makes it all the better - and makes it all the more likely to be real and true, IMHO. There is PLENTY of material without Kevin, not to worry, but some of his recollection and archival material would be cool to include since he was there. We'll see.

Also, it is good that this board is not as starry-eyed as the other, my post would have already been deleted...Kevin is free to reply to my posts here and I will reply in kind. Thank you to UR for being fair and balanced, much appreciated.

Gary
Randy Magic
Friend of Randy

Post by Randy Magic »

btw, gary, are you taking part in the documentary?
Maybe, I'm still trying to decide if I would want to - I was a kid, so my stories are not as interesting as others. I mean, most of my life with Randy was not music related at all - it was more of a big brother, or uncle kind of relationship. I went to alot of QR shows, hungout backstage a few times, and was at a few practice gigs, that's not alot to offer. Though, I do remember just watching Randy play his guitar solo just about EVERYWHERE he went, he always had one with him it seemed. On vacation, at the beach, at my house, at small family "get-togethers" and holidays, he even played between films at the Drive-In - of course, this was when he was a "nobody" because he was 17, 18y/o.

Jan was apparently interviewed this weekend, I have not talked to her yet. I'll let you all know if I do participate, but, even if I did I'm sure I'd end up on the cutting room floor, lol!

Gary
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Sarab wrote:...how in the hell would he know what Rudy said in his book was inaccurate? It was something that happened while Rudy and Randy were on tour together without Kevin.

That's probably why there isn't much about Quiet Riot in Rudy's book, because if he'd discussed it, Kevin would have been able to directly attack him about it. Since Rudy only discussed the Ozzy era in depth, Kevin couldn't make specific comments about anything - because he wasn't there.

It's none of our business, of course, but it makes me wonder what happenend between Rudy and Kevin to make Kevin so angry with him? I may have missed it, but I haven't seen anything in print where Rudy attacks Kevin. So it's just a big drama that makes one wonder what happened.
bigduke6
Madman

Post by bigduke6 »

this dubrow guy strikes me as a bitter, conflicted dude. from his odd hair issues and he seems to want to be considered more important than he really is. he mentions money in regards to this film, like thats the reason its being done. coming from someone who put a post card from randy on e-bay, yeah, he really holds his friends memory so dearly.give me a break. this film will be awesome with or without him.
cableguyxx
Mass Poster

Post by cableguyxx »

:arrow:
Last edited by cableguyxx on Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dogfall

Post by dogfall »

Maybe you should change it to the Kevin Dubrow board.
From what I'm seeing is most of the people on TK are kissing his a$$ just because he is a member. So he can attack anyone without proof and what he says is gold. I don't agree with that and it is very disrespectful for Kevin to slam what Dee has approved. The guitar world may have been a little harsh but Kevin has had plenty of time to post what he has just waiting for the opportunity .
LoVe Life
cableguyxx
Mass Poster

Post by cableguyxx »

Last edited by cableguyxx on Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cableguyxx
Mass Poster

Post by cableguyxx »

Last edited by cableguyxx on Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

I agree with you Darin, Kevin has done a LOT to keep the flame burning. He comes across as a prick a lot, but I'm sure I do too :wink: so it's all good.

Sometimes RR.TK does come across as revering Kevin's comments, but that is their perogative. I take what he says at face value and adjust my opinion as new things come to light.

Without Randy there would be no interest in DuBrow, without DuBrow there'd be a lot less for Randy's fans to know, own or talk about.
brenton4you

Post by brenton4you »

Without Randy there would be no interest in DuBrow, without DuBrow there'd be a lot less for Randy's fans to know, own or talk about.
Mmm thats an intersting way to put it.
Through the years and of the times I have spoken to Kev,,he TRIES to be the funniest guy in the room(insert foot into mouth) and says some stupid stuff. HE does have some nice facts about RANDY and his tenure w/QR. I like the guy,,but he has his OWN DEMONS to deal with. THE DEAL w/ RUDY well when you are in a band with people YOUR personality(s) can become abrasive to one another. I believe they cant get along anymore( we'll see how long that lasts)((OBTW this isnt the first time these guys have been mad at each other)) soo no biggy
I hope the FILM is a great TIME PIECE,,thats right if this film KEEPS RANDYS LEGACY ALIVE for FUTURE Generations to REVEL IN,,,TWO thumbs UP from me!
Caio
ITS ALL ABOUT THE RHOADS
dogfall

Post by dogfall »

I'm not taking shot's at anyone and could care less if he shares anything , I think he should have already shared the things he has if this is what this ia all about.

Kevin not wanting to have any part of the film.. thats cool!! and I have no problem with people on TK. They are good people but i don't have to agree with them on everything. Also I don't hate Kevin!!!

But the problem I have is Kevin taking shots at Rudy, Peter and the film and everyone just set's back and lets that go. You know there is a reason for that..its because the film is not about Kevin .

I think he posted on TK to try and change our minds about the film,he did the same thing with Rudy's book the guy is a real class act.

He reminds me of Sharon Osbourne :roll: Randy's story has a right to be told without approval from these people that are trying to hold it back for some reason. could it be $$$$$$$$ ?
LoVe Life
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

dogfall wrote:But the problem I have is Kevin taking shots at Rudy, Peter and the film and everyone just set's back and lets that go.
Having a short memory, I don't remember much of what Kevin said. Being lazy, I don't want to scroll up and re-read it :D So, that being said, which comments about this whole thing do youconsider to be Kevin "taking shots"? I'm just curious, because my recollection is that he just didn't want to be involved. What did he say to attack?
cableguyxx
Mass Poster

Post by cableguyxx »

Last edited by cableguyxx on Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
frank
Student & Friend of Randy

Post by frank »

all good points. man, i love a good discussion. you know, if kevin had just said "peter, my hearts not in this. count me out." the response would have been something like "oh. bummer." instead, kevin being typical kevin (god bless him)...all sorts of thoughts and opinions have been generated creating interesting threads. you're right paul and darin...thank you kevin.