Who took the first photographs of the Blizzard line up 1980

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Who took the first photographs of the Blizzard line up 1980

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Which photographer, photographed the Ozzy Blizzard line up first ?? Which live show was first seen in photographs/music press..It will be a UK tour date but from which gig ??
Fozzy41
Madman

Post by Fozzy41 »

Not sure about this one Shaun. The first Blizzard date was Glasgow Apollo, there must be photo's out there from this gig surely, but they did perform a couple of dates under the name Law earlier than that. I'd love to see any photo's from those gigs. I've e-mailed Ross Halfin to see if he can shed any light on this subject, lets see if he replies.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

I think Law played 2 show one in Blackpool and the other in Brighton.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Fozzy41
Madman

Post by Fozzy41 »

Shaun, A few monthe ago you sent me a concert revue from Glasgow Apollo, Blizzard of Ozz first UK Tour Date. There is also a photo of Ozzy with this revue supposedly taken at the concert, but this is an old one from Ozzy's time with Sabbath when he had long hair with a middle parting, Ozzy had his hair cut shortly before the UK dates and any photo's from that tour are very distinctive as Ozzy had shoulder length hair but with a fringe. (I can't believe I'm talking about hair styles) I don't believe I've seen any photo's of Randy from that first concert.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

I'm not sure of the date but these must be one of the first lots of pixs taken of the Blizzard line up.these were taken by Dave Tangye author of How Black was our Sabbath and Ozzy's PA in the early 80's.
ImageImage
I like the set of photos this pix was taken from by Fin Costello
This other pix was taken by Robert Ellis during pre production rehearsals at Shepperton Studios.
Obviously these were all taken before the 1980 UK tour but like i said in the question who took the first photos of the original Blizzard lineup ??
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Thnx Idol for those pics! 8)
I had seen them before but these seem to be better quality!
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
Geo Sav
Mass Poster

Post by Geo Sav »

I never get sick of seeing those pics. Thanx.