It is currently Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:47 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 45 of 45   [ 666 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45

Do you think more Randy Rhoads footage exists?
Yes, there must be footage somewhere! 91%  91%  [ 214 ]
No, all there is we've seen already . 3%  3%  [ 7 ]
I don't know. 6%  6%  [ 14 ]
Total votes : 235
 Post subject: Re: Do you think more Randy Rhoads footage exists?
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:47 am 

This Fresno Media Restoration posted a bunch of shows from the era on their You Tube channel including a first tour Van Halen show, a Ted Nugent 1978 show, the 1980 Def Leppard Show and many others.

The Wikedia page for the BOO tour shows one date for Fresno on Jone 30, 1981 at Selland Arena (where the other Fresno Media shows were filmed) that was cancelled. The Diary tour doesn’t list a Fresno show. It’s too bad, the Vh and Nugent shows I watched are really pretty good for that era.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:43 am 

I was wondering, in the Ordinary Man music video, did anyone notice the few seconds of the Entertainment Tonight footage? That's what it looked like to me anyway. Randy with the Concord, and it was crystal clear footage. Do the Osbourne's now own that footage? The bigger question, will it come out on a 40th anniversary edition of Diary and Blizzard along with the Detroit footage? Kathy has said that they are waiting for the right time to release the Detroit footage. I would think that the Rhoads family would not be able to release this footage without the cooperation of the Osbourne's. The 40th anniversary seems to me to be the best time to put this stuff out. I'm just speculating about all this, but I wanna hear what you think about it.

"But they're not blind, Its just that they won't see."[color=#0040FF][/color]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:01 pm 

tihsyloh wrote:
I was wondering, in the Ordinary Man music video, did anyone notice the few seconds of the Entertainment Tonight footage? That's what it looked like to me anyway. Randy with the Concord, and it was crystal clear footage. Do the Osbourne's now own that footage? The bigger question, will it come out on a 40th anniversary edition of Diary and Blizzard along with the Detroit footage? Kathy has said that they are waiting for the right time to release the Detroit footage. I would think that the Rhoads family would not be able to release this footage without the cooperation of the Osbourne's. The 40th anniversary seems to me to be the best time to put this stuff out. I'm just speculating about all this, but I wanna hear what you think about it.

Just see your post after doing a post in this thread here: http://www.ultimaterhoads.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11706.
I think cooperation with Osbournes is needed if they want to release that Detroit footage the right way. Especially if it's really good quality and a complete show. Maybe for the '40 years after Diary of A Madman' next year?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:12 pm 
Madman

ITs over guys. Nothing will see the light

I mean we will never see new Randy footage. After all these years.. its OVER.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:49 pm 
Cool Member

That's unfortunate. We do have recorded music and a lot of bootlegs, which is great - it IS all about the music. The After Hours footage is good, and the Albuquerque footage is so-so (not much of Randy in it). It would've been great to have seen the Capitol Theater (NJ) footage or other full length concert that focused on the entire band and captured the excitement and vibe of a live show with Randy.

I've never held out hope for anything and am surprised that we got what we did. But I do think that the 30th anniversary stuff could've been done a lot better...Blizzard with outtakes and a companion unedited Southampton show with it. Diary with long-fades, remixes, and outtakes, with a full Diary Show with that. And then Tribute (Cleveland Show) in its original unedited form with a companion unedited Montreal show.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:32 am 
Cool Member

No1UNo wrote:
That's unfortunate. We do have recorded music and a lot of bootlegs, which is great - it IS all about the music. The After Hours footage is good, and the Albuquerque footage is so-so (not much of Randy in it). It would've been great to have seen the Capitol Theater (NJ) footage or other full length concert that focused on the entire band and captured the excitement and vibe of a live show with Randy.

I've never held out hope for anything and am surprised that we got what we did. But I do think that the 30th anniversary stuff could've been done a lot better...Blizzard with outtakes and a companion unedited Southampton show with it. Diary with long-fades, remixes, and outtakes, with a full Diary Show with that. And then Tribute (Cleveland Show) in its original unedited form with a companion unedited Montreal show.

All great suggestions but as with all things Randy related, greed and petty shit get in the way of something nice for the fans and to celebrate his legacy. The only untarnished celebration to me is Ron Sorbol's Quiet Years book and DVD.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 45 of 45   [ 666 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45