It is currently Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:21 am


Post a new topicPost a reply Page 35 of 44   [ 649 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 ... 44  Next

Do you think more Randy Rhoads footage exists?
Yes, there must be footage somewhere! 91%  91%  [ 208 ]
No, all there is we've seen already . 3%  3%  [ 7 ]
I don't know. 6%  6%  [ 14 ]
Total votes : 229
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Do you think more Randy Rhoads footage exists?
PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:32 pm 
Cool Member

Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:16 pm
Posts: 198
Location: Melbourne, Australia.
Shockwave wrote:
Sitting here watching tv reading the forum and just started thinks how nice it would be to watch a live Ozzy/Randy concert on my 63". Just to see him finish the suicide solo, Ozzy walk back out stage and finish the song would be amazing.

One day it will happen and the countdown had begun, just what day will it be?


Looks like it will be after we're dead & buried going by how much has been released so far.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Do you think more Randy Rhoads footage exists?
PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:49 am 
Mass Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:11 am
Posts: 1033
Location: clinton,Iowa USA
alborg wrote:
Shockwave wrote:
Sitting here watching tv reading the forum and just started thinks how nice it would be to watch a live Ozzy/Randy concert on my 63". Just to see him finish the suicide solo, Ozzy walk back out stage and finish the song would be amazing.

One day it will happen and the countdown had begun, just what day will it be?


Looks like it will be after we're dead & buried going by how much has been released so far.



Hopefully some extremely nice footage and the south Hampton cd are released in my lifetime HOPEFULLY


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Do you think more Randy Rhoads footage exists?
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:41 am 
Cool Member

Joined: Sat May 22, 2010 7:51 pm
Posts: 170
This Post?
http://www.ultimaterhoads.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8459


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Do you think more Randy Rhoads footage exists?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:35 am 
Junior Member

Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:58 pm
Posts: 1
Location: Wilmington
I found someone who claims to have video footage from an outdoor Ozzy show with Randy. This may be worth looking into, I hope he's not lying.

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/old- ... hoads.html


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Do you think more Randy Rhoads footage exists?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:07 am 
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2006 4:03 pm
Posts: 3615
Location: Gotham City
WyldeChild12 wrote:
I found someone who claims to have video footage from an outdoor Ozzy show with Randy. This may be worth looking into, I hope he's not lying.

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/old- ... hoads.html


Random Person on UltimateMetal wrote:
My uncle died recently, and as I was helping to clear his house, I stumbled upon amateur footage of various musical acts.

Most of the bands he filmed have since faded into oblivion, but about half an hour of footage features Ozzy on stage with Randy Rhoads. (They're on an outside stage and Randy is wearing a red outfit.)

Is it possible to make any money off of this? Part of me wants to post it on Youtube for the fans, but I really need money. . . .
mmm.... looks like "Lintball" raised from the graves! Somebody should ask the name of his uncle. (Mr. Markus? :) )

_________________
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Do you think more Randy Rhoads footage exists?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:42 pm 
Mass Poster

Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:19 am
Posts: 5199
Y'know how TK raised money for Kelly G years ago? Why not organize a money raising event here and make an offer to this person for the film?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Do you think more Randy Rhoads footage exists?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:49 pm 
Mass Poster
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:20 pm
Posts: 830
I dont know about "Lintball"...this guy says its Amateur Footage,but if it is Legit,it seems logical that it would be HMH..but the guy says "She lives a few States away" leading me to believe its in the USA.Honestly...I dont Care...IMHO That HMH footage that surfaced just about a year ago is only about a minute long,Bluury as Fuck & has no Audio....But Its AWSOME!!! theres something about the grain of the Super8mm film that has a real Honesty to it.I hope this pans out,but Im not getting excited until then.But in my Heart I 'Believe" that there HAS to be some great stuff out ther,somewhere....I mean that "Lintball" Soundcheck footage is Top Notch Pro-shot that just sorta surfaced outta thin air in the late 2000s,Then theres the 9 reels from the NY Palladium that just surfaced 30 years later,& the Sound is Great!And of course the ABQ footage,I cant believe the News still had the Master footage!!Same for ET footage,Id love to see more of that un-edited.And Jack Osbourne was able to secure the Master footage from MTV & Randys Award...I wish they showed more of that!!They didnt even show Randys Quote that was used in the MTV segment????? Its just having played around 200 shows,ther HAS to be more!!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Do you think more Randy Rhoads footage exists?
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:35 am 
Madman

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:21 pm
Posts: 486
DMRX wrote:
I dont know about "Lintball"...this guy says its Amateur Footage,but if it is Legit,it seems logical that it would be HMH..but the guy says "She lives a few States away" leading me to believe its in the USA.Honestly...I dont Care...IMHO That HMH footage that surfaced just about a year ago is only about a minute long,Bluury as Fuck & has no Audio....But Its AWSOME!!! theres something about the grain of the Super8mm film that has a real Honesty to it.I hope this pans out,but Im not getting excited until then.But in my Heart I 'Believe" that there HAS to be some great stuff out ther,somewhere....I mean that "Lintball" Soundcheck footage is Top Notch Pro-shot that just sorta surfaced outta thin air in the late 2000s,Then theres the 9 reels from the NY Palladium that just surfaced 30 years later,& the Sound is Great!And of course the ABQ footage,I cant believe the News still had the Master footage!!Same for ET footage,Id love to see more of that un-edited.And Jack Osbourne was able to secure the Master footage from MTV & Randys Award...I wish they showed more of that!!They didnt even show Randys Quote that was used in the MTV segment????? Its just having played around 200 shows,ther HAS to be more!!


I completely agree with you, but I think we need to be cautious. With that, I mean that it's going to be fantastic if and when footage surfaces, because I DO believe there is more out there, amateur or pro-shot, most likely amateur, but there will be a point where there will be no other footage to be found. The well will run dry, and we do need to ready ourselves and make peace with the fact that this will be the case at some point.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Do you think more Randy Rhoads footage exists?
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:39 pm 
Mass Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:11 am
Posts: 1033
Location: clinton,Iowa USA
DMRX wrote:
I dont know about "Lintball"...this guy says its Amateur Footage,but if it is Legit,it seems logical that it would be HMH..but the guy says "She lives a few States away" leading me to believe its in the USA.Honestly...I dont Care...IMHO That HMH footage that surfaced just about a year ago is only about a minute long,Bluury as Fuck & has no Audio....But Its AWSOME!!! theres something about the grain of the Super8mm film that has a real Honesty to it.I hope this pans out,but Im not getting excited until then.But in my Heart I 'Believe" that there HAS to be some great stuff out ther,somewhere....I mean that "Lintball" Soundcheck footage is Top Notch Pro-shot that just sorta surfaced outta thin air in the late 2000s,Then theres the 9 reels from the NY Palladium that just surfaced 30 years later,& the Sound is Great!And of course the ABQ footage,I cant believe the News still had the Master footage!!Same for ET footage,Id love to see more of that un-edited.And Jack Osbourne was able to secure the Master footage from MTV & Randys Award...I wish they showed more of that!!They didnt even show Randys Quote that was used in the MTV segment????? Its just having played around 200 shows,ther HAS to be more!!


WHY didn't we get to see all of that footage

If jack got the master footage why couldn't we see it



More tv stations must still have footage and interviews
If all of this stuff just came out for the celebration of blizzard and diary
Then it makes me think that the Os just dig deep for money

I mean when the whole band came to town I am pretty sure news crews were hovering around ozz for an interview way back then ozz was still famous and with the bat and the dove why wouldn't you wanna Interview ozz

I JUST DONT THINK PEOPLE ARE DIGGING DEEP ENOUGH


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Do you think more Randy Rhoads footage exists?
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:59 pm 
Mass Poster

Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:19 am
Posts: 5199
The 'Lintball footage' was all there was. It was part of a set of interviews he put together on a homemade DVD. He taped that off of some TV show back in the day and put it out there like there was more. There was never more.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Do you think more Randy Rhoads footage exists?
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:30 pm 
Senior Member

Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:16 am
Posts: 85
I am of the opinion more that there has to be all kinds of video footage out there, but even if there was a intense public outcry for it- we will never, ever see it. The name and likeness of one Randy Rhoads is difficult to obtain on the commercial market as it is, and I just don't see that changing any time soon.

I believe that Sharon, being as business savvy and hungry in the beginning of her and ozzy careers, wouldn't walk away from any opportunity to capture awestruck crowds going crazy at a show or the performance of ozzy and his band members not only for personal satisfaction, but also to attest to the commercial interest ozzy was generating as a solo artist.

There is probably even more than that, but a lot of the video would probably be personal in nature, but his family would guard that with a passion. And I cannot fault them for that whatsoever.

_________________
I don't have a short attention span I


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Do you think more Randy Rhoads footage exists?
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:09 pm 
Mass Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:45 pm
Posts: 1671
Hell yeah rrfan!!!solo i hope you get attacked by a pack of geese!!!!LMFAO!! ;)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Do you think more Randy Rhoads footage exists?
PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:54 pm 
Mass Poster

Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:51 am
Posts: 579
Paul Wolfe wrote:
Y'know how TK raised money for Kelly G years ago? Why not organize a money raising event here and make an offer to this person for the film?


forget that,,,as soon as you bring money into the equation things get screwed up.it brings out the bullshitters and hoaxsters who like to troll with new accounts etc.
second,as soon as any money is involved ozzy inc. sends the lawyers after you.so moneywise there is no value to footage because its an instant liability.
therefore the only thing to do with new footage is release it on youtube just the way people film concerts on their cellphones and post on youtube.you wont get rich but you are doing a good deed and will get a lot of praise-and that is all one is going to get so dont get false expectations.

_________________
How to tell a real RR signature: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=726&start=120


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Do you think more Randy Rhoads footage exists?
PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:33 pm 
Mass Poster

Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:19 am
Posts: 5199
Oth, I agree 100%. I only brought it up because so many people say things like, "Someone should look into this."

Random Person on UltimateMetal wrote:
My uncle died recently, and as I was helping to clear his house, I stumbled upon amateur footage of various musical acts.

Most of the bands he filmed have since faded into oblivion, but about half an hour of footage features Ozzy on stage with Randy Rhoads. (They're on an outside stage and Randy is wearing a red outfit.)

Is it possible to make any money off of this? Part of me wants to post it on Youtube for the fans, but I really need money. . . .


Maybe "someone" could find out who here would be interested in helping by donating. Then "someone" could contact this 'random person on the internet' and say, "Yes, we'll help you with a small financial amount in return for this footage."

At least going through the motions is more constructive than talking endlessly about "what if"... it's just a thought. And for the record, I am not willing to donate or get the ball rolling at this point in life.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Do you think more Randy Rhoads footage exists?
PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:10 pm 
Mass Poster

Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:51 am
Posts: 579
while money ususally gets the owner more willing it also gives them delusions as to value...like the phoenix bros or whatever theyre called....thats why i think its better to let these people know that moneywise there is no value to footage.

_________________
How to tell a real RR signature: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=726&start=120


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post a new topicPost a reply Page 35 of 44   [ 649 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 ... 44  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
twilightBB Style by Daniel St. Jules of Gamexe.net