Do you think more Randy Rhoads footage exists?

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Do you think more Randy Rhoads footage exists?

Yes, there must be footage somewhere!
91%
No, all there is we've seen already .
3%
I don't know.
6%

Total votes: 239

Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

I think the pertinent question isn't "does more footage exist?", but rather "will we ever see more footage?"
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

RockyRhoads wrote:I think the pertinent question isn't "does more footage exist?", but rather "will we ever see more footage?"
Very true.....
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
Ivar

Post by Ivar »

I don't think there's any more footage of Randy. In the Japanese documentary 'Tribute To Randy Rhoads' Rudy Sarzo says about After Hours: 'It's about the only footage of Randy playing live'. I think $haron could make some money out of a Randy DVD with 'new' footage, so why would she not release it?

Ivar
The Flying Dutchman

Ivar wrote:I think $haron could make some money out of a Randy DVD with 'new' footage, so why would she not release it?Ivar
Well:
Flying Dutchman wrote:
Trigger wrote:
Flying Dutchman wrote: Of course there is!

I think there is TONS OF FOOTAGE out there. Too bad we have to wait so long because of the mistake one person made only a few days after the crash......
What do you mean?
According Bob Daisley $haron changed some things in Randy's contract only a few days after the crash. Mrs. Rhoads had to sue the Osbournes for years to get some money. I think all this made Mrs. Rhoads paranoid forever and not wanting to let the Osbournes make any more bucks out of Randy.

I heard rumors that "After Hours" will be officially released by the Japanese in 2007, above explains maybe why it will not be released by the Osbournes themselves, as everybody would expect. Technically the Osbournes can release whatever they want, but out of respect for Mrs. Rhoads they won't. This whole situation explains why there is so little on Randy Rhoads imo.
Just my 666 cents. :wink:
Ivar

Post by Ivar »

Whoops. Didn't go through the whole topic :oops: :oops:
The Flying Dutchman

Ivar wrote:Whoops. Didn't go through the whole topic :oops: :oops:
Hey Ivar,

Actually I copied it from another topic How should we celebrate Randy on the 25th anniversary? :wink: :)
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

As far as Rudy saying there isn't anything else, I believe he has been told to quote the party line any time he is asked about it.

Those of us who remember the days before Tribute know that Ozzy said the material he used for that record was the only live material of Randy, period. That has been proven wrong, and even Tommy Aldridge has said he has better board tapes than what was released on Tribute.

I am wondering why/how the Japanese would release After Hours, considering it was produced by a New York television station... I guess anything is possible, though... a lot of us never thought we'd see the Quiet Riot video that has come out either, but bit by bit things surface... the waiting makes it so much more sweet when it actually happens...
funk49

Post by funk49 »

I think Rudy screwed up on the japanese tribute video. I may be wrong but I thought he said it was on of the few videos with Randy then he back stepped over his words to say that after hours was the only one he knows of. I may be wrong and have to watch the video again but I was left with the impression that there was more footage by his demeanor when asked. I have to agree with other members here and say that they (the band members)have been coached to stay quiet about it. I truly think there is more footage but not alot.
FUNK49
funk49

Post by funk49 »

Sorry guys just one more thing... I remember back in those days and MTV was really starting to become popular with there music videos. They had a saturday in concert spot with some of the most popular bands of the day. What better way to promote the band .. film videos! I think some of the footage we have seen may have been excerpts from some videos filmed for MTV. Anybody have any thoughts on this?
FUNK49
Nifareus

Post by Nifareus »

There has got to be some footage stashed away....
AlienSatch

Post by AlienSatch »

I think yes. There is more RR footage somewhere.

We didn't see those QR films until a couple years ago so QR or someone sure kept a really good secret for over 20 yeas about those.

I also think (although a fan), it is nasty of the bands who have the footage to cry, and sue, and threaten, and complain till there blue in the face, and still dont release any unseen Randy footage.

They make us get mad at each other and act like children cause we get greedy to more RR footage. IT'S SHAME ON THEM, NOT ON US..

Shame on QR and Ozz, for not helping Randy's legacy.

I'm sure Ms. Rhoads really has no interest at all in releasing any posters or childish items, but if a POLISHED Blizzard or Diary show ever popped up, and it would meet up to Ms. Rhoads' expectation of her sons playing, I think it might have a chance to be released. Afterall she authorized TRIBUTE to be released. Dont give up on the search. Someone for sure has got more RR footage.

Just my two cents. And only my opinion.. LOL ..

Love the site,

AlienSatch
Randy Rhoads Rules.
stealaway
Mass Poster

Post by stealaway »

:wink: Hey guys! Finally made here...well at last! I´m a bit slow to join these things, but urgency to discuss about randy took over here [as well as it did in the other randy forum!] I honestly believe that there is more footage, as I´ve mentioned this earlier; one of the guys in trader circuits, with whom I lost contact ages ago [unfortunately!] told that he worked for American MTV as soundtech and he swore that MTV did shoot full concert of Ozzy/Randy before Randy died, but Ozzy didn´t want it out and shot another one "Speak of the devil" and released that instead, whatever reason was for it to not come out [the guy who told this, said there were talk about this video coming out in 1997, when it was 25th anniversary of Randy´s death] well that didn´t happen, so who really knows...? And I believe that someone must have more footage shot with early videocameras, 8mm...or what was the tape used. I knew the guy from CA. who went to first gig on Diary tour and thought about taking his vidcam but didn´t...boy was he angry later!
Mikel
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

stealaway wrote:the guy who told this, said there were talk about this video coming out in 1997,
when it was 25th anniversary of Randy´s death well that didn´t happen, so who really knows...?
no wonder it didn't come out in '97.
the 25th anniversary is next year, 2007 :!:
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

he meant 15 i think :D
The Flying Dutchman

RockyRhoads wrote:As far as Rudy saying there isn't anything else, I believe he has been told to quote the party line any time he is asked about it.
Actually he said "As far as I know this is the only footage of Randy live". So he didn't really say there is no more footage. So he can't go wrong with that answer.

And when the Texas soundcheck came to surface he suddenly remembered that people sometimes were allowed to film and sometimes not. For some reasons he has to be very diplomatic it seems..... I'm sure he hates this situation too.