Do you think more Randy Rhoads footage exists?

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Do you think more Randy Rhoads footage exists?

Yes, there must be footage somewhere!
91%
No, all there is we've seen already .
3%
I don't know.
6%

Total votes: 239

Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Jake_E_Lee wrote:I saw the petty fight between RhoadsOliva and RockyRhoads a couple of days ago and didnt bother to contribute.
Petty? It was a misunderstanding and it was resolved in private. I apologize for my part in the public comments. Thanks to the Admins for weeding out the unnecessary stuff.

Trigger is right, I've heard a lot of people - including "Lintball" - who make claims that they know someone who has footage but they can't show anyone... 99.9% of the time that means they are making it up. the other .1% of the time it's because they have been asked not to talk about it by the person with the footage because that person doesn't want to be inundated with requests.

The soundcheck footage is from an interview DVD and where it cuts off is a segue into the interview with Ozzy. That interview takes place out behind the venue the day of the show. Being that there is some soundcheck stuff (and there is a lot of video of the equipment, etc. before Randy shows up) and then an interview with Ozzy, I am sure there is at least another few minutes of Randy playing and possibly Rudy and Tommy checking their gear as well. Who has that footage is anybody's guess.

I did read about a guy who worked at a film editing place years ago who found a lot of Hendrix footage in a garbage can. Seems the people editing the film for a newscast took what they needed for their segment and trashed the rest, figuring it was of no real value.

I'd hate to think that this soundcheck footage or the "Two on the town" stuff, etc. also was trashed. Although Randy was alive and kicking at the time and no one could have know what the future held...
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

I think $haron & Ozzy are sitting on TONS of footage they can't use.... :?

They actually told someone of that other place to wait for change of the guard. That info got lost during the hack there, but I still remember.

Consider this, after investing so many in a huge castle stage and then during the first 2,5 months of the Diary tour you don't shoot anything? No roadie or whatever with a super8 camera just to see how it looked like? There was a lot of publicity even before the tour started, there were already 3 different tv-teams filming the Diary pre production! (Entertainment Tongight / Rock Report / 2 on the town) That was before the tour even started!!! And then when the Diary tour started there was nothing filmed during those 2,5 months???? Come on! :lol: There has to be lots of stuf somewhere, nou doubt about that. Probably more than we can imagine. Maybe not all pro, but for sure incredible stuff for RR fans.

Hope one day we will see it......
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
Jake_E_Lee
Cool Member

Post by Jake_E_Lee »

i think Sharon and Ozzy are both sitting on pro shot footage... but we will never know. unless they release ;)
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

It is very possible that the Ozzy camp is waiting until the "right time" to release anything they have. I am patient and am willing to wait.

Personally, I hope they release a little at a time when/if that day comes. I'd rather stretch it out over time than have a huge payload all at once and then nothing to look forward to in the future.

With Hendrix, they release new stuff all the time... a little here, a little there... keeps the legend alive. I hope they do that with Randy.
The Flying Dutchman

Look at this pic of "Day on the Green' July 4th 1981.

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j2/Fl ... DOTG_E.jpg

Just above Ozzy's head, is that a guy with a camera?
Last edited by The Flying Dutchman on Sat Apr 29, 2006 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Flying Dutchman

There are lots of rumors that this gig was actually filmed.

I talked to someone and he said he saw shots on MTV of this concert:
I was at my girlfriends house and we were watching MTV and they were running
a commercial for Sept '81 Ozzy tour dates. It was behind the scrolling tour
dates. It was outdoor, daytime, you could see it OK kind of distant
but, you could see Randy on the right side of the stage and Ozzy in the
middle. A friend of mine who is photographer (Daniel Larsen) was at the July
4th Oakland show and told me it was a multi camera shoot. MTV owns that
footage and is rotting in their vault. If I remember correctly Bill Grahm
productions was the original promoter. I only saw it once. I wish I had
taped it but, who knew it was coming on. I'm sure one day more Randy footage
will surface. I mean more than what's out there now.

Do you remember what song they where playing?
It's hard to say. I don't really remember any sound in the background. I do
remember alot of talking over it. It was like, see Ozzy Osbourne on the road
coming to your town soon blah blah..
Geo Sav
Mass Poster

Post by Geo Sav »

It would be great to have pro shot material.
The Flying Dutchman

Lintball wrote:all the speculation of the pro shot "DIARY" film.....consider this....(and i hope this ends up on the message boards)....(hint).....the first time i saw ozz with randy was at the aragon ballroom in chicago with motorhead....there were cameras stage right,left ...no center.....this was very early on inte first tour....they talk about the films of def leppard from when they opened for ozzy, someone mentioned about contacting lemmy....that would be a good start....
He was probably talking about
1981 May 24th - Aragon Ballroom, Chicago, IL (was filmed ? )

(Lintball was the guy who came up with the "Texas Soundcheck" footage.)
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

i wouldnt believe everything he says however!
The Flying Dutchman

I had some contact with that Lintball, the films he was talking about were property of his uncle Mr. Markus. He did release the Texas soundcheck only to test the waters he said. It was a bit funny, because he had another tape with film which only said "Port Vale" with no date and he asked me if it was in UK? :lol:
It looked he was sitting on a goldmine really! He said the Osbournes knew about these films as well. And he seemed to be very frightened for $haron. I want to find out if he was talking crap or not? Maybe it was just the Texas soundcheck he had? Who knows? But at least he gave us that soundcheck footage! :wink:

He said he had footage of below shows:

1981 May 18th - Indianapolis
1981 May 24th - Aragon Ballroom, Chicago, IL ( he didn't say he had footage of this one, but he said there were camera's there while he attended)
1981 July 31th - Montreal
1981 Aug 1th - Port Vale, Heavy Metal Holocaust, UK
1982 Feb 18th - Beaumont, Texas (including soundcheck we've seen)

So if anybody attended above concerts and can remember camera's or whatever, let us know then!
I talked to one guy who sweared he saw camera people there in Port Vale. Since it was so long ago, he couldn't give me a lot of details. However I've never seen any camera's in pics of that concert....... :?
FlyingHigh

Post by FlyingHigh »

I think most of us must have seen the few monents of Randy backstage at Portvale. Motorhead filmed there set and the guy with the video filmed Randy talking to them. I imagine that at least some extra footage is around from that gig and it proves that video was being taken that day.
Geo Sav
Mass Poster

Post by Geo Sav »

FlyingHigh wrote:I think most of us must have seen the few monents of Randy backstage at Portvale. Motorhead filmed there set and the guy with the video filmed Randy talking to them. I imagine that at least some extra footage is around from that gig and it proves that video was being taken that day.
Is there sound on that? ive seen the video but no audio.
The Flying Dutchman

FlyingHigh wrote:I think most of us must have seen the few monents of Randy backstage at Portvale. Motorhead filmed there set and the guy with the video filmed Randy talking to them. I imagine that at least some extra footage is around from that gig and it proves that video was being taken that day.
I heard it was filmed by one of the crewmembers. It is said he did only film the Motorhead guys that day, followed them with a super8 cam backstage etc..

Bet yep, there was at least a camera that day......

btw. never heard sound with that clip.
DaneisKing1389

Post by DaneisKing1389 »

Where can I see all this footage you guys are talking about (like the Motorhead-Randy film)? I've seen the After Hours.
The Flying Dutchman

Lots of Vids you can find here Diary of an Axeman
For the Motorhead-Randy film, pm me.