Do you think more Randy Rhoads footage exists?

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Yes, there must be footage somewhere!
91%
No, all there is we've seen already .
3%
I don't know.
6%

Total votes: 239

The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

What do you think guys? :)
Last edited by The Flying Dutchman on Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

I think 100% yes! we have all seen the shows of Randy with QR and I think that we have yet to see more recorded with Ozzy. Even if we don't get to see pro shot stuff I am certain we will see more audience shot stuff.

I think as its almost 25 years since his passing we will get to see more stuff due to people hearing about him, and digging through what they know there friends have.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Tommy
Cool Member

Post by Tommy »

I am almost 100 % certain that more pro-shot footage exist somewhere. I'm not 100 % there's concert-footage lying around, but there has to be more in the style of rock report, after hours maybe, and so on.... And if there is pro-shot footage, Sharon has it, no doubt about it. :?
Geo Sav
Mass Poster

Post by Geo Sav »

There has to be something other than afterhours filmed in my home city BTW.
Xanadu
Cool Member

Post by Xanadu »

I would sure love to think that there is something. I've read interviews with both Rudy Sarzo and Tommy Aldridge who both say that there is no pro shot footage as best as they know.....which is a bit disheartning. Who knows what will show up in the next series of years........I guess we just HAVE to hope :!: :!: :!:
SixPounder
Cool Member

Post by SixPounder »

There has to be more somewhere ya know..Even if its 10 seconds long..Its out there
RockyRhoads

Post by RockyRhoads »

This has got to be the most beat to death topic ever....

"Pro-shot" whatever... if it exists, it'll find it's way out eventually. BUt remember, Randy Rhoads is not a financial draw outside of his limited fan base. Hendrix footage surfaces because of his status, Randy will never have that status.

Personally, I'm happy with the 4 Quiet Riot DVDs I've got. That was Randy doing his thing with no one pushing his direction except himself. He looks happy and plays as well as anyone I've ever heard.
deansolo
Cool Member

Post by deansolo »

There must be some footage somewhere, although probably all there is of "I don't know", we've seen already.

Sorry I couldn't resist. :D :P
Cat's-Eye pedals now available at Vintage and Rare Guitars, London and Bath, United Kingdom

"Have you hugged your Cat's-Eye pedal today?"

www.cats-eyeesp.com
www.myspace.com/catseyeesp
Xanadu
Cool Member

Post by Xanadu »

It appears we've lost a moderator and the posts pertaining to "uncle's" Diary show on video........hmmmm.........kinda bizarre. Oh well......
".....the moment Randy Rhoads walked out on stage, you knew you were WITNESSING something IMPORTANT."
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Xanadu wrote:with both Rudy Sarzo and Tommy Aldridge who both say that there is no pro shot footage as best as they know.....
Ever seen that Japanese Tribute Vid?
You can hear Rudy stumble over his words when talking about After Hours saying "for what I know it's the only documentation of Randy performing live.....". That's a very diplomatic answer.....
He probably forget about all the Diary pre-production footage? And also the Texas soundcheck footage? But later on when confrontated with the Texas soundcheck he told it brought back lot of good memories! Of course he couldn't remember if they actually do film that concert that night or not. Sometimes they were allowed to film and sometimes not. He said. So..... That's already a lot different than "there is no footage'. :wink:
According Lintball (the guy who came with that soundcheck footage) they did film that Texas gig.
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Xanadu wrote:It appears we've lost a moderator and the posts pertaining to "uncle's" Diary show on video........hmmmm.........kinda bizarre. Oh well......
This subject will always cause fights if people say I have something but I can't let you see it!!!!!!! If you have it be prepared to to prove it or dont mention it!
I am sure footage is around that we haven't seen but in time I am sure it will surface. My guess is anybody who has some will be keeping quiet about it and not broadcasting it, maybe holding onto things as currency for that one big find. :wink:

One Mod left us but its early days, and perhaps he shouldn't have made claims he couldn't prove!!!!!
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Xanadu
Cool Member

Post by Xanadu »

Well...........it's too bad that RandyOliva felt so threatened that he had to leave. I think maybe he felt a bit boxed into a corner with no options.....who knows. I do know that it's a wee bit dangerous to make claims of unseen RR footage around here with no plans of sharing it.....that's for sure. Folks will tend to get a bit riled when you dangle such a prize and then yank it away. I am just glad that there is a chance for more footage to come to light......eventually, anyway. It had been years and years since ANYTHING surfaced, then came the Texas soundcheck.....so, definately, more is possible.....and, I would think.....probable!!!
".....the moment Randy Rhoads walked out on stage, you knew you were WITNESSING something IMPORTANT."
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Xanadu wrote:Well...........it's too bad that RandyOliva felt so threatened that he had to leave. I think maybe he felt a bit boxed into a corner with no options.....who knows. I do know that it's a wee bit dangerous to make claims of unseen RR footage around here with no plans of sharing it.....that's for sure. Folks will tend to get a bit riled when you dangle such a prize and then yank it away. I am just glad that there is a chance for more footage to come to light......eventually, anyway. It had been years and years since ANYTHING surfaced, then came the Texas soundcheck.....so, definately, more is possible.....and, I would think.....probable!!!

I 100% agree I think that RO might be onto something but ita a tough one when you have no proof that was a fight I have seen many times.
I am certain of the existance of some stuff but when we get to see it is another matter.

What i hope for is that we see some stuff from the Ozzy days as lots of stuff is around from the QR days.
Jake_E_Lee
Cool Member

Post by Jake_E_Lee »

I saw the petty fight between RhoadsOliva and RockyRhoads a couple of days ago and didnt bother to contribute. Personally, i think if your going to claim you have footage you need proof. Proof is everything and without it your nothing, simple. He asked for what he got, and theres no doubt in that. I think he needs to have a hard think, i think he was a nice moderator but if he makes a post and cant back it up if needed then its not right for him
Xanadu
Cool Member

Post by Xanadu »

Jake.....You are 100% right.