Do you think more Randy Rhoads footage exists?

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Do you think more Randy Rhoads footage exists?

Yes, there must be footage somewhere!
91%
No, all there is we've seen already .
3%
I don't know.
6%

Total votes: 239

The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Trigger wrote:I think thats all in hand :wink:
Well it's about time! (or not? :lol: )
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

I was watching the small clip of Randy backstage at the Heavy metal Holocaust Portvale gig 1st August 1981.He's talking with the guys out of Motorhead prior to going on stage.This clip only lasts for 11 seconds,was this a home shot movie ? or was their more footage to go with this ?? where did this originaly come from ??.Can anyone answer these questions.They've probably been asked before i'm just curious thats all...
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

From what I understand, that footage was shot by someone interested in Motorhead as opposed to Randy...
The Flying Dutchman

From what I heard.

Lemmy was asked about this. According him someone of the crew was following and filming the band backstage that day.
He caught Randy by coincidence when talking to the Motorhead guys. I think the first time this footage was used for the "Don't blame me" vid.

*I've spoken to someone who was there that day and he said he saw people filming that day. However none of the pics of that concert (Heavy metal Holocaust) are showing cameras.... Have done research about possible footage from other bands from that line up that day, but nothing found.

Btw:
If that crew member was following/filming Motorhead that day why would he only film backstage and not the concert? (at least the Motorhead gig)
And as we can hear on the bootleg, Lemmy did introduce Ozzy before they started playing, to me it seems reasonable to expect that that crew member at least filmed that introduction. Or is that a strange thought? So I think it is not unlikely some footage from at least the start of that Ozzy gig should be somewhere........
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Yeah Pat We have got to think positive on this one,i know the roadies like to take photos etc backstage.It could of been just that! but like you said the possibilitys of some of the Ozzy gig being out there are possible..
Ell
Mass Poster

Post by Ell »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bMZBRDr ... ed&search=

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet and to be honest it would take too long for me to check in this massive topic but anyway, there are clips from more than one song there so it's very possible that they filmed the whole gig, although the Diary intro, Over the Mountain and then Crowley where all next to each other in their set so they may have only filmed the start, and then there's the very unlikely chance that they kept the footage, however at least we know that those parts in the show where fully filmed back then and chances are they kept backups of everything they recorded.
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

i have been endlessly trying to contact the news company, but had no luck as yet
Ell
Mass Poster

Post by Ell »

Damn
The Flying Dutchman

Ell wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bMZBRDr ... ed&search=

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet and to be honest it would take too long for me to check in this massive topic but anyway, there are clips from more than one song there so it's very possible that they filmed the whole gig, although the Diary intro, Over the Mountain and then Crowley where all next to each other in their set so they may have only filmed the start, and then there's the very unlikely chance that they kept the footage, however at least we know that those parts in the show where fully filmed back then and chances are they kept backups of everything they recorded.
Hey Ell,
The footage you see there is the footage from the Dairy Pre-production. These were rehearsals without an audience as far as I know.

Maybe somone can contact the Zeotrope Studios On Vine St in Hollywood:
Kevin Dubrow wrote:These clips were filmed during pre production at Zeotrope Studios On Vine St in Hollywood. I know because Frankie Banali and I went twice during that week.

At least 3 camera teams* were filming that week:
-Rock Report
-2 on the town
-Entertainment tonight

*all those 3 shows showed different footage so I expect each program brought his own camera team.

Personally (unfortunately I have no evidence) I think this Diary pre-production stuff is only the top of the iceberg.......
I mean, if they were already filming the rehearsals.... :wink: :idea:
RR-ElectricAngel
Mass Poster

Ohh Yeah

Post by RR-ElectricAngel »

Better believe it...I'm sure some footage will show up soon enough...
To be a teacher you must never stop learning yourself...
cableguyxx
Mass Poster

Post by cableguyxx »

The Flying Dutchman wrote:
Maybe somone can contact the Zeotrope Studios On Vine St in Hollywood:
Zoetrope was owned by Francis Ford Coppola from 1980 to 1983 when it when bankrupt and was sold :?

Good clue though :wink:
evoleye

Post by evoleye »

When I was a kid in '82 I went to my friend Ted's houseafter school to hang out and watch tv, we ended up watching an ozzy concert on his tv and I remember it being with Randy cause we talked about how he had just died. I was in like the 5th grade in school and didn't realize that what I was watching would be something I would kill for years later. When I asked to watch that concert again he acted like an ass cause he had something we didn't(he was a rich kid). So I know it exists cause I seen it. Years later in tech school some girl I dated told me her ex boyfriend had some footage from a texas show.
.......... We'll see it sooner or later...........
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

evoleye wrote:When I was a kid in '82 I went to my friend Ted's houseafter school to hang out and watch tv, we ended up watching an ozzy concert on his tv and I remember it being with Randy cause we talked about how he had just died. I was in like the 5th grade in school and didn't realize that what I was watching would be something I would kill for years later. When I asked to watch that concert again he acted like an ass cause he had something we didn't(he was a rich kid). So I know it exists cause I seen it. Years later in tech school some girl I dated told me her ex boyfriend had some footage from a texas show.
.......... We'll see it sooner or later...........
Hi evoleye,from what you can remember and the Ozzy shows youve seen do you know its not the likes of the After Hours show.Is this from the Diary tour with the drum riser and castle backdrop ?Was this a full show or just a few tracks..I'm sure that the footage you are on about must have been seen by now after all this time.The Texas footage sounds like the soundcheck which only lasts for a few minutes which came to light about 2 years ago..
evoleye

Post by evoleye »

From what I remember, no it is not the afterhours or chi or ny. I have all of those. It was the castle stage and ozzy was wearing red pants. It was a full concert cause we took a little break to eat and then came back to finish watching it.
Let's go crazzzyyyy!!!!!!!!
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Well the only full concert i can think of with the Castle backdrop is the Speak/Talk of the Devil video.I think Ozzy has got red pants on but im thinking blue for whatever.Plus its Brad Gillis on guitar not RR.Are you sure about this ???