Do you think more Randy Rhoads footage exists?

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Do you think more Randy Rhoads footage exists?

Yes, there must be footage somewhere!
91%
No, all there is we've seen already .
3%
I don't know.
6%

Total votes: 239

The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:Well the only full concert i can think of with the Castle backdrop is the Speak/Talk of the Devil video.I think Ozzy has got red pants on but im thinking blue for whatever.Plus its Brad Gillis on guitar not RR.Are you sure about this ???
Ozzy had blue pants with Speak of the Devil.
evoleye wrote:From what I remember, no it is not the afterhours or chi or ny. I have all of those. It was the castle stage and ozzy was wearing red pants. It was a full concert cause we took a little break to eat and then came back to finish watching it.
Was it the red pants he wore like on the Chicago footage with Randy?
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.

Post by 41533 »

yes
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Re: .

Post by Paul Wolfe »

41533 wrote:yes
Care to elaborate on your opinion?
orion_damage
Mass Poster

Post by orion_damage »

I think so, I believe ozzy may have some, hopefully with the doc coming out we can get something new
trobe

Post by trobe »

I read through the replies, and didn't see this, but with the Tribute album, don't you think there is live footage to go with it??
" Reality is an illusion created by the lack of good alcohol"
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

trobe wrote:I read through the replies, and didn't see this, but with the Tribute album, don't you think there is live footage to go with it??
It makes sense there is. In fact many people did expect that when Tribute came out in '87. Ok maybe not PRO but..... it was very easy even in those days to registrate things with a super8 cam. And it's very, very hard to believe this never happened during those 2,5 years. Btw it did happen in Texas. :wink:

Btw: according the guy who came up with Texas soundcheck footage the Montreal gig was filmed. So if true that means that at least the guitarsolo that appeared on Tribute is filmed......
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
slash_rhoads

Post by slash_rhoads »

i always think about this...(i work long hours)... :(

i always come to the conclusion that there must be...some hidden gems that were maybe left to the family for personal use...

just wishful thinkin more than anything else on my part...nothing really to back it up...just a hopeful thought...
Blaclsmith13

Re: Do you think more Randy Rhoads PRO-Footage exists?

Post by Blaclsmith13 »

There Must Be Someone Out There Who Has More Footage
fenixdoido

Post by fenixdoido »

I think 100% yes! i've seen some shows QR and I think that we have yet to see more recorded with the madman...
Madman56
Cool Member

Post by Madman56 »

It would be more surprising to me if there wasn't any. If Ozzy came up with the old Sabbath stuff in his archives (supposedly in his attic) that was on the Ozzman Cometh, than he must have Randy stuff. It would be sad if the whole Kerslake/Daisley rift with Ozzy held up something so special, but it's a possibility unfortunately. In my heart I truly believe there's a lot of stuff being tucked away, either knowingly or unknowingly. Certainly Ozzy has some. I remember him saying that he had Randy stuff that he didn't think was up to snuff to release to the public, but he must have pro stuff too. It wouldn't surprise me at all if Sharon releases something when Ozzy's gone. Since I was a kid I've daydreamed of finding the mother load at a flea market or yardsale lol. Someday, we'll all be enjoying a full length cocert of randy's, I'm sure of it \m/ \m/
chelrob

Post by chelrob »

Fingers crossed for more footage 8)
12/31/1981, LA Sports Arena... I was there :)
El Cochino

Post by El Cochino »

I find it hard to believe that a performer/band who at the time was considered to be"A-List" did not record a single show on video. The Blizzard tour I can understand but by the time the Diary tour started, the band was, close to, if not on par with AC/DC, Scorpions and Van Halen...
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v194/BruinJer/HeavenHell.jpg[/img]
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

I'm sure the Osbournes are holding something back...maybe not a full blown concert. But there has to be more than what's out now!
I mean, people thought we had it all a few years ago and then the Texas Soundcheck footage came around!
But I think the question is why would the Osbournes not release it? :?
El Cochino

Post by El Cochino »

Skully wrote:I'm sure the Osbournes are holding something back...maybe not a full blown concert. But there has to be more than what's out now!
I mean, people thought we had it all a few years ago and then the Texas Soundcheck footage came around!
But I think the question is why would the Osbournes not release it? :?
probably because in a lot of boots Ozzy's vocals are awful... there is no way of doctoring up the vocal tracks now. His pipes are not what they used to be.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v194/BruinJer/HeavenHell.jpg[/img]
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

You can do amazing things with audio editing. Just take the audio from one of the other dozens of Randy era boots for Ozzy's vocals and splice the sucker in there.
And even if for some reason that's not possible, it's not like people won't buy it if it's realized. It's Ozzy. Him sounding bad on something has never really gotten in the way of people paying for it.