Do you think more Randy Rhoads footage exists?

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Do you think more Randy Rhoads footage exists?

Yes, there must be footage somewhere!
91%
No, all there is we've seen already .
3%
I don't know.
6%

Total votes: 239

GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Re: Do you think more Randy Rhoads footage exists?

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Tom do you know who the post card was addressed to ?
Last edited by GUITARIDOL5682 on Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
TAB
Madman

Post by TAB »

i do but it's not my place to say. if you look at a post I talked about Randy writing letters to that person once and I think some people didn't' believe me and argued with me.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Yeah his post cards have opened up a few debates to be questioned. Like how this one is stating Randy knew this gig was filmed etc. But you'd never hear that info from anyone else, until you seen this post card with your own eyes. But then you'd get some one saying its a BS forgery. Just like how Frank's post card had some details about places visited and how the album was progressing etc. They are a wealth of info and the comments are from the horses mouth.
TAB
Madman

Post by TAB »

I agree with you.. That's one good thing in a way about not having internet back then I guess you can say because we have in his own writing a wealth of accounts that happened to him and his feelings on things. That's what got me in trouble when I mentioned about Randy not being fully happy with things. Something I just didn't make up. Its like keeping a diary and not from a madman :P Similar to Rudy's journals he wrote Off The Rails from. Sure it's easy to argue forgery for an autograph though I agree there are those that would. A full post card or a 2 page letter gets a whole lot harder to pull off. Not to mention there were a lot of them but knowing the source as in Frank's case I know are real.
Nick
Cool Member

Post by Nick »

TAB wrote:I agree with you.. That's one good thing in a way about not having internet back then I guess you can say because we have in his own writing a wealth of accounts that happened to him and his feelings on things. That's what got me in trouble when I mentioned about Randy not being fully happy with things. Something I just didn't make up. Its like keeping a diary and not from a madman :P Similar to Rudy's journals he wrote Off The Rails from. Sure it's easy to argue forgery for an autograph though I agree there are those that would. A full post card or a 2 page letter gets a whole lot harder to pull off. Not to mention there were a lot of them but knowing the source as in Frank's case I know are real.

It's comon knowledge nowadays that Randy wasn't happy

Randy didn't want to do the whole rock and roll thing forever with ozz. He wanted to get a mastered in classical music.
TAB
Madman

Post by TAB »

sure it's common knowledge since the day he died and i believe was mentioned in 82 Guitar Player the 1st time. I guess I was referring to things a little more specific in detail before he went to Ozzy in 82 when he told him he wanted out.
Sky
Madman

Post by Sky »

TAB wrote:I agree with you.. That's one good thing in a way about not having internet back then I guess you can say because we have in his own writing a wealth of accounts that happened to him and his feelings on things. That's what got me in trouble when I mentioned about Randy not being fully happy with things. Something I just didn't make up. Its like keeping a diary and not from a madman :P Similar to Rudy's journals he wrote Off The Rails from. Sure it's easy to argue forgery for an autograph though I agree there are those that would. A full post card or a 2 page letter gets a whole lot harder to pull off. Not to mention there were a lot of them but knowing the source as in Frank's case I know are real.
I remember when Frank was a member here and I enjoyed his posts but I know nothing of him apart from the fact that he was a student of Randy's. Out of interest, does anyone know if was Frank a 'mature' student or much younger than Randy?
"Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain't goin' away." - Elvis Presley
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Frank is 60 born in 1954 so he would of been 2 years older then Randy. His birthday 4th December 2 days before Randy's.
Sky
Madman

Post by Sky »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:Frank is 60 born in 1954 so he would of been 2 years older then Randy. His birthday 4th December 2 days before Randy's.
Thanks, so he was a mature student then.
"Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain't goin' away." - Elvis Presley
AnnKotatisRhoadsFord

Post by AnnKotatisRhoadsFord »

has anyone a photo of Randy naked?
chilinvilin
Cool Member

Post by chilinvilin »

AnnKotatisRhoadsFord wrote:has anyone a photo of Randy naked?
I gotta say it did make me laugh...
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

I think this is as close to naked as your going to get..

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8787
LongRhoadsAhead
Cool Member

Post by LongRhoadsAhead »

hahaha the way that question was worded had me laughing out loud
I went ahead and rode the white horse
AnnKotatisRhoadsFord

Post by AnnKotatisRhoadsFord »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8787
but allot of groupies bragged about snapping photos while he was sleeping so there must be out there if they have don Airy's and rudys
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

AnnKotatisRhoadsFord wrote:
GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8787
but allot of groupies bragged about snapping photos while he was sleeping so there must be out there if they have don Airy's and rudys
That's a really odd question.

I don't think Randy was a 'groupie' kind of guy.