Do you think more Randy Rhoads footage exists?

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Do you think more Randy Rhoads footage exists?

Yes, there must be footage somewhere!
91%
No, all there is we've seen already .
3%
I don't know.
6%

Total votes: 239

alex1251

Re: Do you think more Randy Rhoads footage exists?

Post by alex1251 »

I used to post here all the time way back when I was in high school. I still can't believe the documentary has never been released and now I've read an article where the Rhoads family is suing Margolis. I'm so disappointed. I've been waiting on this for at least 7-8 years now and nothing. I can only imagine fans that are older than I am.
Goodbye to romance, yeah
Goodbye to friends,
Goodbye to all the Past
I guess that we'll meet
We'll meet in the end
orion_damage
Mass Poster

Post by orion_damage »

alex1251 wrote:I used to post here all the time way back when I was in high school. I still can't believe the documentary has never been released and now I've read an article where the Rhoads family is suing Margolis. I'm so disappointed. I've been waiting on this for at least 7-8 years now and nothing. I can only imagine fans that are older than I am.
I can relate, I was pretty much away from late 2007 to 2010 and the only thing I missed was the Texas sound check footage and maybe the HMH footage. Don't get me wrong, they're bitchin, but I expected the doc to be out and maybe some more footage.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Welcome back.

The Rhoads sued Klein over the book and lost... don't know that they sued Margolis. The documentary was canned because Sharon was pissed when Romeo Rose leaked the trailer.
CanuckRhoadsFan
Madman

Re: Do you think more Randy Rhoads footage exists

Post by CanuckRhoadsFan »

Paul Wolfe wrote:Welcome back.

The Rhoads sued Klein over the book and lost... don't know that they sued Margolis. The documentary was canned because Sharon was pissed when Romeo Rose leaked the trailer.
....and on and on the sordid saga goes, eh?

At this point, I have no hope that the documentary will see the light of day beyond the editing room. Sad, as we'd all like to see it, I'm sure. This whole thing has taken so many twists and turns that it's gone into "ridiculous" territory.
Sky
Madman

Post by Sky »

Well that's one version of why the documentary was canned, there are other reasons why it didn't happen depending on who's doing the talking. I heard that Margolis and Klein pissed Sharon off big time at the Osbourne's house, and that seems more plausible to me than Sharon pulling the plug because the trailer was leaked by some nonentity. Whatever the reason, that particular film will never happen. As to whether there's more unseen footage of shows out there, I seriously doubt it.
"Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain't goin' away." - Elvis Presley
devorerd
Cool Member

Post by devorerd »

I think there is only one more event left that as RR fans that will take place. I believe that when Randy's beloved mother passes, the Rhoads family will do some sort of "A Mother's tribute" which will encompass the entire family with obvious focus on the main attraction.
wagoo

Post by wagoo »

devorerd wrote:I think there is only one more event left that as RR fans that will take place. I believe that when Randy's beloved mother passes, the Rhoads family will do some sort of "A Mother's tribute" which will encompass the entire family with obvious focus on the main attraction.
Well.. that day has come. It's a sad day, but maybe it'll help unclog some issues & conflicts.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

I sincerely hope nothing Randy related is released by Kelle and Kathy for at least a year.
Nick
Cool Member

Post by Nick »

Speaking of Romeo rose he's blasting people from the rhoads tk on his YouTube something about stolen footage or something (he was just yelling and cursing the whole time)

http://youtu.be/UlS_WTpP6x0
devorerd
Cool Member

Post by devorerd »

I do think Kelle & Kathy will take some time to get things in order. Since Delores's health had been declining, they likely were prepared to take over the reigns of the estate. Next time we will hear from them will be on RR b-day, less than a month away for the wine tasting event, followed by the annual event at the Crypt. By then a clearer picture will be made, but 2017 seems more realistic as that will be the 35th anniversary of his passing.
Brian_D

Post by Brian_D »

That guy is probably the biggest idiot on the planet. He's been around forever trying to hitch his wagon to one star or another. I remember back in the 90's he was trying to become "the next Stevie Ray Vaughan". You shoulda seen him before he got his teeth fixed! :shock:

Nick wrote:

Speaking of Romeo rose he's blasting people from the rhoads tk on his YouTube something about stolen footage or something (he was just yelling and cursing the whole time)

Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Nick wrote:Speaking of Romeo rose he's blasting people from the rhoads tk on his YouTube something about stolen footage or something (he was just yelling and cursing the whole time)

That video is years old...
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

That video is years old. I spotted romeorose on here a while back and he's been quite civil. I have no problem with that at all.
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Not much hope for more AH footage as it seems:
http://forgottenguitar.com/2016/01/25/r ... y-in-1981/
Randy Rhoads Full After Hours Live Performance With Ozzy From 1981 — Video

On April 28 1981, Randy Rhoads took to the stage at 31 Studios in Ogden, New York (just outside Rochester) to film a live performance, which would be broadcast on the After Hours TV Show in support of Ozzy Osbourne’s debut solo album, Blizzard of Ozz.

In the video clips below, see Randy (armed with his Karl Sandoval “Polka Dot” Flying V and Gibson Les Paul Custom) perform the legendary renditions from that night of, “I Don’t Know”, “Crazy Train”, “Mr. Crowley” and “Suicide Solution” as part of Ozzy’s solo band. The precious footage is arguably the clearest example of Randy in action before his tragic untimely death in March 1982.
Mark Phillips // January 26, 2016 at 6:54 pm // Reply

Just a quick correction- this was NOT shot in Ogden, NY but at the WUHF studios on East Ave. in downtown Rochester as part of the “After Hours show- simulcast in stereo on WCMF. I was a cameraman on this shoot, doing all the hand held and low angle shots. The guys in the band were all great and a pleasure to work with!
shockwave78 // January 28, 2016 at 12:29 am // Reply

Hi Mark, as a huge Rhoads fan I am curious if it is true that they rolled through the set of songs twice. Were they both filmed and do you know what happened to the other video of the other versions?

Did you get to meet Randy and were/are you a guitar player?
Mark Phillips // January 28, 2016 at 4:06 am //

Hello SW78 and thank you for your interest. We may have done a couple takes on some of the songs but to be honest it was so long ago I’m not sure. My recollection is we did everything in one take! Pretty amazing these days. In any case- all the original footage before editing is long gone (to the best of my knowledge) and what you see is all there is. A lot of it was “switched live” by the director from the control room so ISO tapes would not have been kept after editing. It was very casual in the studio at the time of the taping with just a handful of people- the band and a small TV crew so we all had time to chat with Ozzy and Randy. Really nice people! Ozzy was very polite and soft spoken and Randy was just really quiet- that is until he let loose on his guitar!. To answer your last question- I’m a Bass player so pounding on a bass with your fists was a revelation for me! The whole night is something I’ll never forget and I’m glad the footage lives on!
See: Anyone contacted this guy? After hours Cameraman!
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
orion_damage
Mass Poster

Post by orion_damage »

The Flying Dutchman wrote:Not much hope for more AH footage as it seems:
shockwave78 // January 28, 2016 at 12:29 am // Reply

Hi Mark, as a huge Rhoads fan I am curious if it is true that they rolled through the set of songs twice. Were they both filmed and do you know what happened to the other video of the other versions?

Did you get to meet Randy and were/are you a guitar player?
Mark Phillips // January 28, 2016 at 4:06 am //

Hello SW78 and thank you for your interest. We may have done a couple takes on some of the songs but to be honest it was so long ago I’m not sure. My recollection is we did everything in one take! Pretty amazing these days. In any case- all the original footage before editing is long gone (to the best of my knowledge) and what you see is all there is. A lot of it was “switched live” by the director from the control room so ISO tapes would not have been kept after editing. It was very casual in the studio at the time of the taping with just a handful of people- the band and a small TV crew so we all had time to chat with Ozzy and Randy. Really nice people! Ozzy was very polite and soft spoken and Randy was just really quiet- that is until he let loose on his guitar!. To answer your last question- I’m a Bass player so pounding on a bass with your fists was a revelation for me! The whole night is something I’ll never forget and I’m glad the footage lives on!
See: Anyone contacted this guy? After hours Cameraman!
That's a bummer but what we have is quite awesome. On to the next!