Do you think more Randy Rhoads footage exists?

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Do you think more Randy Rhoads footage exists?

Yes, there must be footage somewhere!
91%
No, all there is we've seen already .
3%
I don't know.
6%

Total votes: 239

alborg
Cool Member

Re: Do you think more Randy Rhoads footage exists?

Post by alborg »

barossadude wrote:The Capitol Theatre Facebook page has some amazing quality video posted of various bands that have played there over the years. Makes ya stop & think of what the quality of footage of the Blizzard show would have been like.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Capitol- ... 7359146599
Ozzy's show was filmed & saved. The owner John Scher & most probably Sharon have copies. There was a documentary being made on the history of the Capitol Theatre that I don't know if it was completed or not as there were issues with funding & Jon Scher's change of heart on the project? But someone working on the doc confirmed to me that the show is in B/W & does exist.
Nick Hughes
Cool Member

Post by Nick Hughes »

alborg wrote:
barossadude wrote:The Capitol Theatre Facebook page has some amazing quality video posted of various bands that have played there over the years. Makes ya stop & think of what the quality of footage of the Blizzard show would have been like.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Capitol- ... 7359146599
Ozzy's show was filmed & saved. The owner John Scher & most probably Sharon have copies. There was a documentary being made on the history of the Capitol Theatre that I don't know if it was completed or not as there were issues with funding & Jon Scher's change of heart on the project? But someone working on the doc confirmed to me that the show is in B/W & does exist.

Can you confirm that it has audio ?

Was the whole show recorded?
origmnd

Post by origmnd »

Paul Wolfe wrote:
LongRhoadsAhead wrote:
origmnd wrote:YES !!! capital theatre NJ shows are flying out the vaults...ozzy was there 1981...it exists....they just releasedd rainbow 79 and prince 82
Where did you hear that? Please share a link or something.

Typical Internet bullshit. It's not real.
ALL the shows were filmed by the arena....RUSH 76 all the way to late 80's shows....wolfgang may get it and release it--if f..in sharon doesnt stop them
Nick Hughes
Cool Member

Post by Nick Hughes »

Typical Internet bullshit. It's not real.[/quote]

ALL the shows were filmed by the arena....RUSH 76 all the way to late 80's shows....wolfgang may get it and release it--if f..in sharon doesnt stop them[/quote]

Can someone give me contact info for the Wolfgang vaults
TAB
Madman

Post by TAB »

Don't know what venues Wolfgangs Vault would have really but had old Day on the Green shows. John Sher did film the Capitol Theater show with Ozzy and Randy. I think Sharon would have released it on the box set if she had the reels so I don't believe she does.
LongRhoadsAhead
Cool Member

Post by LongRhoadsAhead »

TAB wrote:Don't know what venues Wolfgangs Vault would have really but had old Day on the Green shows. John Sher did film the Capitol Theater show with Ozzy and Randy. I think Sharon would have released it on the box set if she had the reels so I don't believe she does.
I see a potential for wolfgang's vault having Ozzy and Randy's Day on the Green. As for Capitol Theater, I doubt Sharon has the reels. She would've cashed in on it.
I went ahead and rode the white horse
Nick Hughes
Cool Member

Post by Nick Hughes »

TAB wrote:Don't know what venues Wolfgangs Vault would have really but had old Day on the Green shows. John Sher did film the Capitol Theater show with Ozzy and Randy. I think Sharon would have released it on the box set if she had the reels so I don't believe she does.

O M G
TAB you alive
I missed u
TAB
Madman

Post by TAB »

Thanks Nick, you're probably bout the only one.. :lol:
kamalayka
Cool Member

Post by kamalayka »

I bet there's a lot of Randy footage in a vault beneath three feet of concrete beneath Area 51.

Of course, there are, shall we say, alternative means of acquiring footage. . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3LHAlcrTRA (Check the year on the machine lol)
LongRhoadsAhead
Cool Member

kamalayka wrote:I bet there's a lot of Randy footage in a vault beneath three feet of concrete beneath Area 51.

Of course, there are, shall we say, alternative means of acquiring footage. . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3LHAlcrTRA (Check the year on the machine lol)
Great movie! I've always thought that was cool when watching that movie.
DMRX
Mass Poster

Post by DMRX »

Im sure that it WAS Filmed,prob 3 cameras Video Taped B&W to 1 SVHS tape w/stereo audio off the board.Randy had supposedly wrote to Jodi about it......But as I mentioned before....what ever happened to the tape from there??Im sure it was just One copy & there was some kind of Ownership in the Contract about that..I once played a Super Huge 30-40,000 seat pavillion,now in the contract we had to sign we wernt allowed our own Video or even regular Camera on the premisis ??And we had to sign off 25% of our gross sales on all merch we sold (T-shirts Cds) ,But they would provide us a multi camera Pro-Video Sound off board..I dont remember but they prob charged us for that??? Now there were always little perks in the Biz side of promoters ect..So Chances are if it had to be paid for,,Sharon didnt go for it...But one never knows....but I have faith after 30+years Granted they shitty quality but 2 diff HMH Vids popped up??? And I still have a prayer for Lintball @ least the quality of the soundcheck footage,& the News footage from NM,Even Jacks Ozzy doc had more footage from MTV guitar award not in the MTV edit...& Visa Versa,Thats out there & of Course least we forget the ET
Footage
LongRhoadsAhead
Cool Member

DMRX wrote:Im sure that it WAS Filmed,prob 3 cameras Video Taped B&W to 1 SVHS tape w/stereo audio off the board.Randy had supposedly wrote to Jodi about it......But as I mentioned before....what ever happened to the tape from there??Im sure it was just One copy & there was some kind of Ownership in the Contract about that..I once played a Super Huge 30-40,000 seat pavillion,now in the contract we had to sign we wernt allowed our own Video or even regular Camera on the premisis ??And we had to sign off 25% of our gross sales on all merch we sold (T-shirts Cds) ,But they would provide us a multi camera Pro-Video Sound off board..I dont remember but they prob charged us for that??? Now there were always little perks in the Biz side of promoters ect..So Chances are if it had to be paid for,,Sharon didnt go for it...But one never knows....but I have faith after 30+years Granted they shitty quality but 2 diff HMH Vids popped up??? And I still have a prayer for Lintball @ least the quality of the soundcheck footage,& the News footage from NM,Even Jacks Ozzy doc had more footage from MTV guitar award not in the MTV edit...& Visa Versa,Thats out there & of Course least we forget the ET
Footage
Do we have any info on Lintball? Does ANYONE know how to get in touch with him? I'm with you DMRX, I've often thought there is still a chance with what he says he has! Maybe Donnie still has his eBay name? Anything?
DMRX
Mass Poster

Post by DMRX »

havent heard a thing,but the quality was too great
orion_damage
Mass Poster

Post by orion_damage »

Bring on the Phoenix Bros footage!
LongRhoadsAhead
Cool Member

orion_damage wrote:Bring on the Phoenix Bros footage!
What do you mean?