Do you think more Randy Rhoads footage exists?

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Do you think more Randy Rhoads footage exists?

Yes, there must be footage somewhere!
91%
No, all there is we've seen already .
3%
I don't know.
6%

Total votes: 239

Stiltzkin

Re: Do you think more Randy Rhoads footage exists?

Post by Stiltzkin »

A lot of it was “switched live” by the director from the control room[/quote]

I've been saying this for years.
alex1251

Post by alex1251 »

Just found out dee died. so sad. rip.
Goodbye to romance, yeah
Goodbye to friends,
Goodbye to all the Past
I guess that we'll meet
We'll meet in the end
LongRhoadsAhead
Cool Member

Post by LongRhoadsAhead »

I went ahead and rode the white horse
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

Still nothing new :(
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Did someone post up anything about this ? A guy who was visiting Kathy's winery sent Lori Hollen this message on the 20th November 2016 " Hi Lori! Just wanted to let you know that me and my wife are driving from Vegas to Kathy's winery for Randy's 60th. I have a gift for Kathy ,Kelle and you. It just might be some of the rarest Randy footage the public has ever seen. Hope to meet you, if not, I will leave your gift with Kathy hopefully! Your friend even though we have never met. " That was from a guy called Jesse Hughes. ? Has anyone heard anything and was the footage rare ?.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

My guess is it's the "Quiet Riot played my birthday party" film... I remember talking to someone years ago at TK about it.
orion_damage
Mass Poster

Post by orion_damage »

Paul Wolfe wrote:My guess is it's the "Quiet Riot played my birthday party" film... I remember talking to someone years ago at TK about it.
Interesting, I'm not familiar with that discussion. Do you have a link to the thread or mind recapping for me?
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Does anyone who is friends with Lori want to ask her if the footage is the Birthday party QR footage. Or is it some thing a bit more special and a piece of rare Ozzy footage ??. Ian and Joe are you mates with Lori ?
orion_damage
Mass Poster

Post by orion_damage »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:Does anyone who is friends with Lori want to ask her if the footage is the Birthday party QR footage. Or is it some thing a bit more special and a piece of rare Ozzy footage ??. Ian and Joe are you mates with Lori ?

Bumping this, really curious myself.

Edit: I figured what the heck, I'll message Lori and see if she minds answering.
chilinvilin
Cool Member

Post by chilinvilin »

orion_damage wrote:
GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:Does anyone who is friends with Lori want to ask her if the footage is the Birthday party QR footage. Or is it some thing a bit more special and a piece of rare Ozzy footage ??. Ian and Joe are you mates with Lori ?

Edit: I figured what the heck, I'll message Lori and see if she minds answering.
Please do good sir!
orion_damage
Mass Poster

Post by orion_damage »

chilinvilin wrote:
orion_damage wrote:

Please do good sir!
Sent her a message on Facebook earlier today. I'll update if she responds.

The post said Kelle and Kathy so if there were a way to all either of them directly that'd be another option.
orion_damage
Mass Poster

Post by orion_damage »

Messaged Lori on Facebook. She confirmed for me that a tape was given but she hasn't received it yet. She said it was delivered to Kathy at the winery. I asked if she knew what may be on the tape a little bit ago. I'll update when she responds.
chilinvilin
Cool Member

Post by chilinvilin »

orion_damage wrote:
Messaged Lori on Facebook. She confirmed for me that a tape was given but she hasn't received it yet. She said it was delivered to Kathy at the winery. I asked if she knew what may be on the tape a little bit ago. I'll update when she responds.

Pins & needles
Jake_E_Lee
Cool Member

Post by Jake_E_Lee »

This would be fantastic.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

orion_damage wrote:
Paul Wolfe wrote:My guess is it's the "Quiet Riot played my birthday party" film... I remember talking to someone years ago at TK about it.
Interesting, I'm not familiar with that discussion. Do you have a link to the thread or mind recapping for me?
Okay, from what I remember - this was all in PMs - Quiet Riot set up in the living room of this kids house which was so tiny there was barely room for the band... the kids dad filmed it as parents did of birthdays back in the day. I want to say the party was in the neighborhood where Randy lived in Burbank, and it was a family friend or Delores was friends with the kids mom from church or something...

Basically I just remember a kid telling me about film of QR playing in his living room for a birthday.