Do you think more Randy Rhoads footage exists?

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Do you think more Randy Rhoads footage exists?

Yes, there must be footage somewhere!
91%
No, all there is we've seen already .
3%
I don't know.
6%

Total votes: 239

Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

AlienSatch wrote:I think yes. There is more RR footage somewhere.

We didn't see those QR films until a couple years ago so QR or someone sure kept a really good secret for over 20 yeas about those.

I also think (although a fan), it is nasty of the bands who have the footage to cry, and sue, and threaten, and complain till there blue in the face, and still dont release any unseen Randy footage.

They make us get mad at each other and act like children cause we get greedy to more RR footage. IT'S SHAME ON THEM, NOT ON US..

Shame on QR and Ozz, for not helping Randy's legacy.

I'm sure Ms. Rhoads really has no interest at all in releasing any posters or childish items, but if a POLISHED Blizzard or Diary show ever popped up, and it would meet up to Ms. Rhoads' expectation of her sons playing, I think it might have a chance to be released. Afterall she authorized TRIBUTE to be released. Dont give up on the search. Someone for sure has got more RR footage.

Just my two cents. And only my opinion.. LOL ..

Love the site,

AlienSatch
remember that Mrs Rhoads wouldn't have QR1 & 2 released :!:
It wouldn't surprise me if she was sitting on some good stuff ;)
stealaway
Mass Poster

Post by stealaway »

:wink: Oops! Yes, I meant 15th of course, too many things going at once...well you got the point. I bet there´s more stuff somewhere, but if someone who doesn´t really care about it and is not aware of the stuff or it´s value, they´re not likely to do anything about it...I think they would´ve if they knew. well guessing again.
Mikel
Ell
Mass Poster

Post by Ell »

Well if we were rich we could even put an advert on TV asking for more footage, I think it's a pretty lame and rubbish idea as well but you never know. Someone might have inherited some footage but not known what it was or anything.

If you had an old video of a metal band but weren't even into metal would you really think it was wanted by thousands of people. If you were that person would you give a copy of it to someone who would really appreciate it? What would you lose?

Problem is most people wouldn't even recognise it as Ozzy (or know who Randy was), Ozzy's changed a lot and most people only really recognise him these days. Basically what I'm saying is, I don't think it will be impossible getting new footage from out of no-where, just would take a lot of effort. I don't think any of that made sense since i am in a rambling mood :oops:
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

If I remember correctly someone told that a few years or so ago some people of the Randy period had a meeting at Ozzy's house. Among them was Pete Mertons (Randy's guitar tech). That made me wondering. Pete Mertons even being there seems to me like a sort of Randy memorial they had. Maybe they watched some Randy footage to dig up some memories....... And maybe I'm rambling too much here.... :wink:
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
Shadow

Post by Shadow »

Of course there is much hidden music treasures rareties on legendary Guitarist/Musician Writer Randy Rhoads that has never seeen the light of day: hopefully one day it will be release. Peace!
The legendary Randy Rhoads is an electric "Crazy Train" Guitarist/Musician to the max!
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Well i think the best way to look at this is that how many people took photos of Randy over the years ?? you couldn't put a number on it.How many of these photos are in hiding.All the people that like Ozzy/Quiet Riot back then and have grown up and had families etc.They don't look at this as an important issue unless they knew how much they could make on ebay £££$$$ then these do come to light.Ive took photos of bands and they are Unpublished but it costs to get these printed off and you cannot make anything from them so you may aswell put them up on sites for fans to enjoy.Putting WANTED adds in the local newspaper is a good way to hunt them out CASH WAITING for any UNPUBLISHED ARCHIVE FILM/VIDEO/PHOTOS OF RANDY RHOADS/OZZY OSBOURNE BLIZZARD OF OZZ QUIET RIOT .Give it a try you might just hit the jackpot...
voodoojaron

Post by voodoojaron »

Hopefully, a polished Diary show is hiding somewhere.
Rhoads4ever

Post by Rhoads4ever »

Flying Dutchman wrote:Think about this, Ozzy's first tour on his own after Black Sabbath, don't you think they wanted to document that in some way?
Won't be suprise to me if there is footage of a whole 1980 blizzard gig somewhere.......

And yep, I also heard rumors of existing footage with Randy, Bob and Lee. But considering the issues Bob and Lee have with the Ozzy camp, how likely willl it be that it ever will be released........? :?
I dont recall seeing any cameras at the Hammersmith shows ( i attended both ) but you are quite right that first run of shows in sep 80 at least would have been worth 'capturing' . It was a little bit of Ozzy history of course after all the rumours that he was 'washed up' after the Sabs
CrazyBrain

Post by CrazyBrain »

I'm sure there's more stuff out there, hopefully it will reach our eyes some day. There has to be some more Diary tour rehearsals footage. Also, what about Chicago '81 super-8 footage? Seems someone filmed almost every show that took place in Chicago during the early 80's.

I doubt the Osbournes have any video material from the 1980 UK tour.
If so, it would already have been released, and off course that would be with Bob and Lee blocked out + the bass and drums overdubbed :)
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

CrazyBrain wrote:I doubt the Osbournes have any video material from the 1980 UK tour.
If so, it would already have been released
That it's not released yet doesn't mean it does not exist. If it's in the right hands and they don't want it to be released then nobody will ever see it. And of course they say "there is no footage" if someone asks. :wink:
Recently some 'new' Hendrix footage from Woodstock was released, and that's footage from 36 years ago!

Oh, and the "After Hours" footage is never released officially either. I'm sure there are better copies from that show as well.

The Cleveland gig was the only live recording they did according Ozzy, well we have evidence that at least 4 shows (including "After Hours") are pro-audio recorded !
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
AlienSatch

Post by AlienSatch »

It would be nice to see a commercial to air on TV, I would help in the process !!!

"LOOKING FOR RANDY RHOADS MATERIALS !!!"

LOL... :D
Last edited by AlienSatch on Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Randy Rhoads Rules.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

The Flying Dutchman wrote:
CrazyBrain wrote:I doubt the Osbournes have any video material from the 1980 UK tour.
If so, it would already have been released
That it's not released yet doesn't mean it does not exist. If it's in the right hands and they don't want it to be released then nobody will ever see it. And of course they say "there is no footage" if someone asks. :wink:
Recently some 'new' Hendrix footage from Woodstock was released, and that's footage from 36 years ago!

Oh, and the "After Hours" footage is never released officially either. I'm sure there are better copies from that show as well.

The Cleveland gig was the only live recording they did according Ozzy, well we have evidence that at least 4 shows (including "After Hours") are pro-audio recorded !
Hey Dutch

Don't forget the 15th January 1982 and the 9th February 1982 shows which were high quality SB recordings. So as well as there being 4 pro-recorded shows we have 2 SB shows and who knows how many other shows were recorded by Ozzy from the SB that we are yet to hear?
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

I've got reasons to believe a bunch of new Randy related material comes to light in the next 5 years or so...
BlizzardOfRhoads

Post by BlizzardOfRhoads »

hopefully they will release something for the 25 aniverserary....
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

I think thats all in hand :wink:
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.