Do you think more Randy Rhoads footage exists?

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Do you think more Randy Rhoads footage exists?

Yes, there must be footage somewhere!
91%
No, all there is we've seen already .
3%
I don't know.
6%

Total votes: 239

Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

I am hoping that we will be hosting the footage in a few weeks, get in touch with me by PM Dane and I might be able to get some footage to you. :wink:

T
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
BrianL

Post by BrianL »

my god there must be footage! there is every kind of footage of ozzy before and after randy.
there is even good footage of randy before ozzy.
there is footage somewhere. there has to be.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Flying Dutchman wrote:Lots of Vids you can find here Diary of an Axeman
For the Motorhead-Randy film, pm me.
Hi Dane

That peice of film is nothing to be exited about sadley its about 10 seconds of a converstaion with no sound. I think the most interesting for you would be the Chicago 24 Jan 1982 audience film. But only if you get to see a good quality copy. :)

T
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

I have been told about a peice of film recorded on the 1980 tour which is only 1 song in lengh and I have spent a couple of years tracking it down. I really hope that I can get to it before March nexy year, it would be one hell of a way for us on this site to celebrate Randy. 8)

T
Follis
Cool Member

Post by Follis »

Trigger wrote:I have been told about a peice of film recorded on the 1980 tour which is only 1 song in lengh and I have spent a couple of years tracking it down. I really hope that I can get to it before March nexy year, it would be one hell of a way for us on this site to celebrate Randy. 8)

T
Anymore info you could give us?
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Think about this, Ozzy's first tour on his own after Black Sabbath, don't you think they wanted to document that in some way?
Won't be suprise to me if there is footage of a whole 1980 blizzard gig somewhere.......

And yep, I also heard rumors of existing footage with Randy, Bob and Lee. But considering the issues Bob and Lee have with the Ozzy camp, how likely willl it be that it ever will be released........? :?
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Follis wrote:
A very reliable close friend of many years was shown Mr Crowley a while ago. And since we have been trying to get a copy of it but it has been a tough battle to obtain even a few seconds of it.
The Flying Dutchman

Trigger wrote:
Follis wrote:
A very reliable close friend of many years was shown Mr Crowley a while ago. And since we have been trying to get a copy of it but it has been a tough battle to obtain even a few seconds of it.
That's some very interesting info you got there Trigger.
And when there is footage of one song then it will be not that unlikely that maybe a few other songs of that gig are also filmed, right?

Could your friend tell more about the quality of that footage, was it pro-footage?
Ell
Mass Poster

Post by Ell »

I know this is kind of irrelevant considering that any Randy footage is a brilliant gift to mankind but what guitar tone did Randy have, was Rudy or Bob onstage? Stuff like that would be interesting to know.
Follis
Cool Member

Post by Follis »

Trigger wrote:
Follis wrote:
Cool! Thanx.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Flying Dutchman wrote: Could your friend tell more about the quality of that footage, was it pro-footage?
HI Dutch

No it wasn't pro shot it was one camera with much of the focus on Lee's drums with Ozzy and Randy in shot. Much more than that I dont really want to say. But a claim has been made that the Manchester show was filmed by a member of the band crue. This might mean that a new show from 1980 is around now because the Manchester show might be a mislable of the 1980 Leeds show. But to sort that one once and for all we will need to see the Manchester video and compare the audio.

T
The Flying Dutchman

Trigger wrote:
Flying Dutchman wrote: Could your friend tell more about the quality of that footage, was it pro-footage?
HI Dutch

No it wasn't pro shot it was one camera with much of the focus on Lee's drums with Ozzy and Randy in shot. Much more than that I dont really want to say. But a claim has been made that the Manchester show was filmed by a member of the band crue. This might mean that a new show from 1980 is around now because the Manchester show might be a mislable of the 1980 Leeds show. But to sort that one once and for all we will need to see the Manchester video and compare the audio.

T
Thanks! :)
I'm afraid it will be extremely difficult to obtain that footage....... :?

*btw I also heard rumors that the Glasgow (Apollo theatre) show was filmed also.
Mr Charming

Post by Mr Charming »

Ozzy spent so much cash having that set built and he would want to see what it looked like when as he performed on it. He didnt need to be vain to see what it looked like for the guys in the audience.
I am convinced Ozzy has some Diary footage at home.
Ell
Mass Poster

Post by Ell »

Mr Charming wrote:Ozzy spent so much cash having that set built and he would want to see what it looked like when as he performed on it. He didnt need to be vain to see what it looked like for the guys in the audience.
I am convinced Ozzy has some Diary footage at home.
I've never thought of it that way, I'm sure you're right. I've seen bits and bobs that he could have used for this but I'm sure that he would have wanted to watch an entire gig to see all of the effects like Ronnie hanging, The hand, the chair, stuff like that.
strat2tele1

Post by strat2tele1 »

If afterhours exists there has to be others....and SO is putting a lid on it.