Do you think more Randy Rhoads footage exists?

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Do you think more Randy Rhoads footage exists?

Yes, there must be footage somewhere!
91%
No, all there is we've seen already .
3%
I don't know.
6%

Total votes: 239

estang74

Post by estang74 »

I wonder myself about that. Romeo said that there is a Pro Shot Blizzard show coming out with the doc and I believe him. It makes sense for Peter to be hush hush about it until the forest is seen from the trees. That way he knows that the doc is coming out and it pretty much guarantees a huge sales day just from all of the RR fans that are guitar players, especially those like myself who have been waiting for better footage for years.

BTW, this is a great thread and its interesting reading all of the responses. I really hope this doc sees the light of day soon and it doesn't get put on the shelf. That would be the biggest letdown.

E
www.reverbnation.com/estang74
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

estang74 wrote:it pretty much guarantees a huge sales day just from all of the RR fans that are guitar players, especially those like myself who have been waiting for better footage for years.
I was gonna wait for a torrent and just get it for free!!! :lol:
Gabriel Raphael
Cool Member

Post by Gabriel Raphael »

Phineas J wrote: They (O$bournes) have to realize that anything they put out with Randy will out $ell anything they have ever put out in the way of dvds. Sharon is a sly fox. Don't think for a minute that they would give away this stuff without more stuff chilling on ice.
also make any guitarists in Ozzys band look like a jack ass :)
dmnjr
Cool Member

Post by dmnjr »

~Romeo said that there is a Pro Shot Blizzard show coming out with the doc and I believe him~

Based off of what premise? I still haven't seen anywhere on this or the other board any official "yes, I have seen it with my own eyes" confirmation of any pro-shot footage. I've seen this rumor come and go for years.
estang74

Post by estang74 »

dmnjr wrote:~Romeo said that there is a Pro Shot Blizzard show coming out with the doc and I believe him~

Based off of what premise? I still haven't seen anywhere on this or the other board any official "yes, I have seen it with my own eyes" confirmation of any pro-shot footage. I've seen this rumor come and go for years.
I don't know Romeo personally, but we have talked a bit through PM and I believe the guy. I don't think he really has a reason to lie to be honest. I guess we will find out when the documentary gets released(hopefully within the next year) but I got a good feeling that we will be seeing some stuff we always hoped to see.

E
www.reverbnation.com/estang74
Gabriel Raphael
Cool Member

there is good blizzard footage, even rehearsal footage from Diary before the tour, you think they did not test shoot anything before putting together what today would cost 2 million a week to move around.

Last time i mentioned this here some dork claimed i was lying, have it your way., i understand how some people can not wait to see it but try to remember that this board would never of existed if it was not for Randy landing a gig with Ozzy in the first place, or even taking classical guitar up seriously.
dmnjr
Cool Member

Post by dmnjr »

I would love for there to be. All I'm saying is that I've seen quite a few people on boards claiming they know there is footage. Like the brothers from Phoenix and that whole rap. For a personal collector, it's nothing but pure selfishness. It's not like finding proof of aliens or some major $$$ million dollar cash in. We're talking about a guitarist with a cult-like following. Release it already.

I personally think there's something out there. Ozzy has lied since day one, just like with Tribute, saying it is the only 'official' live recording that he has. Meanwhile there are scores of soundboard recordings that they were doing during both tours. Liar, liar, liar.

Yet again, part of me also thinks that 1987 would've been the time to release anything, since the Randy-craze was really hot and heavy. So part of me starts questioning myself. lol

oh well, just bring on the documentary. Anything above and beyond that will just be icing on the cake.
Gabriel Raphael
Cool Member

dmnjr wrote: Ozzy has lied since day one, just like with Tribute, saying it is the only 'official' live recording that he has. .
Peace

I like to correct what Ozzy said on videos, and that is he said TRIBUTE was the best they got, meaning the best performance of him with Randy, he added that Randy himself would not of wanted less, but now anything is better then nothing, they even included a solo of Randy's from a different show on that record.

Ozzy was not convinced that Randy was going to be huge back then, he was used to Black Sabbath, he played down the fact that he was FIRED from the band and pretended that he left by choice because they never did anything they said, while Ozzy never delivered what he was suposed to.

Now there is no doubt that no front man has ever pushed crowds like he has, the guy is a show man, the recordings he leaves up to producers and the band, he does the old school no fail success thing, GIG, GIG, GIG, merchandise (beer, t shirts etc) it is where the money is at and will always be, even today with internet, merchandise brings in over 1 million a night after all expenses, you think Zakk and BLS actually drink the beers they toast the crowd, it is called show biz.
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

i still think ozzy should have left the original recording of the(tribute) show when it was broadcast on the radio years before..and ozzy said randy wouldn't have wanted nothing less?i wonder if randy would have thought releasing the dee studio outtakes would have been ok?
Gabriel Raphael
Cool Member

Tito wrote:i still think ozzy should have left the original recording of the(tribute) show when it was broadcast on the radio years before..and ozzy said randy wouldn't have wanted nothing less?i wonder if randy would have thought releasing the dee studio outtakes would have been ok?
The only broadcast i know of was from Montreal and called "The King Biscuit Flower Hour", they only used the solo from this show on "Tribute"., Ozzy was totally out of key, he forgot the lyrics, Randy Saved the day as usual,

What Ozzy did was use a show that was actually at one point a bootleg called bats head soup or something, then he added the solo from the The King Biscuit Flower Hour radio broadcast, Randy had no problem playing extra well, it was Ozzy who had nothing better to offer and what he meant by that, Both Ozzy and Randy never of agreed to press the broadcast from The King Biscuit Flower Hour, Randy if anyone helped push the ticket shows and raise eye brows from that show., if you close your eyes and listen to what he played on that Japanese Documentary it is also amazingly well and better, but again, Ozzys voice was dead.
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

thats the one gabi!!thank you for reminding me of me what show i was talking about!!!peace
RRfish
Madman

Post by RRfish »

Guys and Girls examine the trailer again, and look at the live shots of Ozz & Randy' Blizzard footage. At least two pro cameras used, close ups, very clear, several different angles, and professional.
Randy uses two of his guitars, live footage of Ozz picking up Randy is up close and personal. Cameras are very close to stage. If the footage they have used from Blizzard tour is close up, clear, and pro shot as it seems to be, you think they only had those few shots to use for the doc ? PLeeeeeease!

Gabriel by the way I love how you use "$" in O$bourne's ! :lol:

Dutch, maybe the O$bourne's are waiting for the change of guard, so that they can solely reep the benefit$ ! :wink:

I would be curious to find out how much from the net profit of this doc, will go to the Rhoad's family, or to CSUN, Randall William Rhoad's Foundation fund ? :roll:

As well, when the change of guard occurs, will the Rhoads, Lee and Bob, be compensated for the release of live footage, by the O$bourne'$ ? :fish:
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

RRfish wrote:Dutch, maybe the O$bourne's are waiting for the change of guard, so that they can solely reep the benefit$ ! :wink:
Who knows! :)
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
Gabriel Raphael
Cool Member

RRfish wrote:
Gabriel by the way I love how you use "$" in O$bourne's ! :lol:
i actually got that idea from a Bob Daisley post, just for the record, and i do not mean any offense to Ozzy..
evoleye

Post by evoleye »

RRfish wrote:Guys and Girls examine the trailer again, and look at the live shots of Ozz & Randy' Blizzard footage. At least two pro cameras used, close ups, very clear, several different angles, and professional.
Randy uses two of his guitars, live footage of Ozz picking up Randy is up close and personal. Cameras are very close to stage. If the footage they have used from Blizzard tour is close up, clear, and pro shot as it seems to be, you think they only had those few shots to use for the doc ? PLeeeeeease!

That "live" footage you speak of is rehearsal footage shot for the TV show Entertainment Tonight as they were doing a piece on Ozzy, and has been available for years...nothing new.....
Let's go crazzzyyyy!!!!!!!!