Do you think more Randy Rhoads footage exists?

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Do you think more Randy Rhoads footage exists?

Yes, there must be footage somewhere!
91%
No, all there is we've seen already .
3%
I don't know.
6%

Total votes: 239

Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

The Flying Dutchman wrote:
Trigger wrote:What has held this particular video from breaking is a fear that it might bring litigation from the Osbourne’s, The Rhoads or any number of others who at the moment have a vested interest in controlling Randy Rhoads image and intellectual property.
Assume I have a complete Ozzy/Randy show filmed by myself.
What could stop me from sharing/selling it if I really want to?
(and lets assume I was allowed to film it with no further conditions or whatever, they didn't care)
I agree Patrick. but some people seem very worried that they will get sued! I would just let it go if it was me but from what I understand of all those who possess the film that we now know exists, they seem to have gathered enough background knowlege to scare themselves!
I imagine the image of the Osbournes being ready at the drop of a hat to go to court, Delores seeming never to wish Randy material to be released unless she herself approves it, and lastly Peter is known to be working on a large project and his manner has been threatening towards some people and UR in general for a longtime.

I know that we see past all of these things but we have the benefit of watching and participating in the RR community on a daily basis, if you dropped in about once a year and read some of the petty valueless threats that circulate you might be more worried than us?
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
wyldeone
Cool Member

Post by wyldeone »

Paul Wolfe wrote:Actually every little bit of footage used in the Picking Up the Pieces video has surfaced. The 'Chili Cookoff', the studio time, the Starwood and Whisky shows... All of that has come out.
I seen all the footage in full but have not seen any of them rehersing in the room in front of the mirror..
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Okay, I stand corrected, I haven't seen that either. I asked Kevin about that and he said it was Queen's old practice room and they were being filmed for a television news piece.
wyldeone
Cool Member

Post by wyldeone »

Thanks Paul,
I just figured maybe its out there and im missing it.. Peace Dave
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

wyldeone wrote:
Paul Wolfe wrote:Actually every little bit of footage used in the Picking Up the Pieces video has surfaced. The 'Chili Cookoff', the studio time, the Starwood and Whisky shows... All of that has come out.
I seen all the footage in full but have not seen any of them rehersing in the room in front of the mirror..

If the people were smart them they would just send the file to someone in another country they trusted to upload it to the torrent sites. They wont sue someone that cant be sued :)

Or just go to your local best buy and upload it that way :D
Gabriel Raphael
Cool Member

Post by Gabriel Raphael »

:) you got it bro

but you know how it goes, everyone could use some cash....
romeorose
Cool Member

Post by romeorose »

shit, if anybody got some randy rhoads footage they are afraid to upload, just send it to me and i'll upload it. i'm uploading the documentary to every torrent site there is when it comes out so no one will have to pay to see it.
Gabriel Raphael
Cool Member

i doubt that they are afraid, they want money is the problem
romeorose
Cool Member

Post by romeorose »

I think some people get too greedy and try to hold out for unreasonable & unrealistic amounts of money. They probably lose perspective of the real world value, and that's probably why they never find a buyer. Because lots of people are willing to pay for footage, but I think they probably have asking prices that are probably insane and will probably never be met. Hopefully Trigger will be able to get the video or videos from his friend before long and we'll get to see that. This is the first I heard of that footage, I haven't checked this thread in several months, so this is even more exciting to know yet even more footage could be surfacing soon.
Gabriel Raphael
Cool Member

well, Aside some mags, TV spots, radio air play and a guitar award which randy had died before seen the fruits of most of what he did see happening was his name was all over from WORD OF MOUTH, show and show Ozzy's fans loved him, something to me that sounded like a power struggle near the end, and questions still left un answered like where is the wife today who stood in front of the bus or the tech......... why where people silent....
RRfish
Madman

Post by RRfish »

No power struggle on Randy's part, he just wanted out! Randy brought class to an act that was far too outdated. They knew this, and didn't want to let him go. It runs in the Arden blood! Money speaks volumes ! There is footage, and probably a lot of audio tapes that we may never hear. The reason being, after Randy's accident, new songs were recorded, why would anyone want it to be know, that they had stolen someone else's creative property. What I still have a hard time understanding, is why Don Airey, although I know how broken up he has been about Randy, and others there that day, and having contact with Randy, have not just come out and boldly told the truth? The closest so far to the truth, has been Rudy, and we all know how Sharon went after him ! It is part of history, and they are all big boy's now! I wonder how many lawsuits are still unresolved? I think in that question, may lie the answer to the silence. I wonder if the Rhoads family Estate for Randy, ever has received performance and music writing royalties ? Yet at least 70%, if not more of Ozzy's income/retirement comes from those two albums alone ! Lee, Bob and Randy wrote the music, Ozzy's voice was doubled or tripled at the time because he was too stoned and drunk to record properly. He never had a voice anyway! He had an ACT! Without Lee, Bob and Randy, we all would have paid sixpence to see Ozzy at the Circus! No disrespect intended to any Ozzy fans, I have two older siblings that just thought he was the greatest, until all of this has come up. Now they are questioning, and remembering how stoned most of Ozzy's fans were at the time of Sabbath. Although Randy made a lot of money for the Osbournes, he did not fit with them. The only reason people think he fit, is because he, Bob and Lee's creativity brought about the two most remarkable Rock albums of that time. I do not take fools lightly ! :fish:
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

damn fish absolutely well put man!
estang74

Post by estang74 »

Fish,

What songs were stolen? Are you saying songs like Bark at the Moon were originally ideas from Randy? I agree with your whole post and I am very intrigued by it. What do you think Don Airey is hiding? It seems like more of the story is coming out years later(cocaine in Andrew's blood stream, aiming for his wife with the plane)

E
www.reverbnation.com/estang74
Gabriel Raphael
Cool Member

estang74 wrote:Fish,
(cocaine in Andrew's blood stream, aiming for his wife with the plane)

E
everyone knew about that since the start, what is coming out that is news is what the Ardens did to this guy, where his wife and RR's guitar tech are today and why everyone was silent.
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

RRfish wrote:What I still have a hard time understanding, is why Don Airey, although I know how broken up he has been about Randy, and others there that day, and having contact with Randy, have not just come out and boldly told the truth?
The truth about what?

If you meant the truth about existing footage and audio it's a bit sensitive.
The reason why they keep it quiet is (sadly) Mrs. Rhoads....... (if you like it or not)
After some 'experiences' with the Osbournes she didn't want people making any $$$$ out of Randy anymore....... (especially not the Osbournes, I guess...) So those who were there, Tommy, Rudy & the Osbournes keep stuff quiet because they know it will put pressure on Mrs. Rhoads if people know about stuff and find out the real reason why it's not released.
The Osbournes would have released already a lot of stuff if Mrs. Rhoads was oke with it. I know you are not gonna believe this but it's (sadly) the truth though. Many people did ask Mrs Rhoads about existing footage (at memorials etc), again and again she clearly showed that she didn't like to talk about this. She just didn't answer, changed subject or just walked away....... (you live around there, so you can check for yourself :wink: )
The Osbournes respect her wishes, long ago Sharon told (you can ask Rhoads56 here, he talked with Sharon about this) that they were sitting on TONS of stuff they couldn't use and that we had to wait for the change of the guard..... Now if that PRO-blizzard footage comes out while she is still with us then it's really a miracle. :shock:
The Osbournes are more than willing to release Randy stuff, unfortunately for us fans, they don't do that out of respect for Mrs. Rhoads. It's a very tragic situation and I think it's hard to blame anyone, if someone it's the Osbournes about some mistakes they made in the past that caused this situation....., and I'm sure they regret some things now.
It's not hard to understand those who are involved (Rudy, Tommy etc) rather don't talk about existing material because of above. So here you got your answer.......

Time will tell if I was right about this, again some things I told here you can verify for yourself. :wink:
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.