Do you think more Randy Rhoads footage exists?

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Do you think more Randy Rhoads footage exists?

Yes, there must be footage somewhere!
91%
No, all there is we've seen already .
3%
I don't know.
6%

Total votes: 239

Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

First of all, the "alleged" Quiet Riot stuff does exist. I had all of that until I gave it to Frank.

As for the video you referred to (here), the first part at the solo is new to me, but I believe the second part is from the Entertainment Tonight show.

The video you mentioned with the chains rising, etc. is all from a rehearsal that was filmed. That is most likely where any "new" video will come from. I'm sure the whole thing was filmed and the Ozzy camp just hasn't released it.

Darin, feel free to correct me :D
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

Last edited by whoopiecat on Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Whenever I put on Blizzard or Diary, what a wonderful, delicate furious beast.... I MISS you, man!
wyldeone
Cool Member

Post by wyldeone »

whoopiecat wrote:Thanks Paul. Sorry, maybe alleged was the wrong term to use. I was just astounded to hear there was that much of it out there. Four hours is quite a bit. I think I may have read about it in an interview with Dubrow.
Does anyone know a reputable source that may have these for sale? I'd rather get from someone like the two aforementioned gentlemen, someone who put a little time and care into the presentation.
I had thought the footage might have been ET, the lighting, haircuts and quality of video looked similar, I just didn't know they had gone back and filmed the band in full dress.
Thanks for helping me out with the info, Paul. That's what is cool about a place like this. If you need an answer, or just want some facts straightened out, you can get it fairly quickly and accurately.
Good stuff!

I have all the Quiet Riot Footage in Great Quality.. Pm me

W.
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

Last edited by whoopiecat on Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Whenever I put on Blizzard or Diary, what a wonderful, delicate furious beast.... I MISS you, man!
Shadow

Post by Shadow »

There most be tons of vintage material on Randy Rhoads...'all those seasons & touring: yes, there's plenty treasure in the Classic Rhoads music box, that's for sure. 8)
The legendary Randy Rhoads is an electric "Crazy Train" Guitarist/Musician to the max!
frank
Student & Friend of Randy

Post by frank »

Paul Wolfe wrote:First of all, the "alleged" Quiet Riot stuff does exist. I had all of that until I gave it to Frank.
WHAAAT??!! i thought you sent me copies. now i feel bad. :cry:
Mr.McTaco

Post by Mr.McTaco »

Although I hate bringing up old ttopics, I'm reviving this topic for a new year with possible more Randy footage to come... discussion worthy I think it is..

Question: http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=KaTNv8p26dQ

1:59...

There has to be more of this footage... I've seen everything but this and 3 hours of Quiet Riot (possibly more)
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

The Quiet Riot stuff is great!

The shot there is from MTV prior to to the first night of the Diary tour at the Cow Palace in San Francisco. It was part of a feature on Randy winning the Best New Guitarist award from Guitar Player Magazine. I'm pretty sure they only filmed a minute of film for the short news clip.
Mr.McTaco

Post by Mr.McTaco »

Paul Wolfe wrote:The Quiet Riot stuff is great!

The shot there is from MTV prior to to the first night of the Diary tour at the Cow Palace in San Francisco. It was part of a feature on Randy winning the Best New Guitarist award from Guitar Player Magazine. I'm pretty sure they only filmed a minute of film for the short news clip.
Only filmed or only used?

Yes I remember seeing the footage now in the Best New Guitarist award... Just didn't remember due to me having a ridiculously terrible quality video that I never watch.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Maybe 'only used' is true, but Randy was just a tiny blip on the musical radar when he died, so the chances of the raw footage being kept is doubtful, in my opinion. It was also soundcheck footage, not actual concert footage.
Mr.McTaco

Post by Mr.McTaco »

I have an idea...

Let's all commit mass suicide until they start releasing more footage!!!
wareagle
Mass Poster

Post by wareagle »

o comon of course. the inerview with ozzy and all tht, showing up close vids of randy playing....
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

Paul Wolfe wrote:Maybe 'only used' is true, but Randy was just a tiny blip on the musical radar when he died, so the chances of the raw footage being kept is doubtful, in my opinion. It was also soundcheck footage, not actual concert footage.
I believe Pablo has hit the nail on the head!

Is it sad that as the years go by and no footage comes out...I find myself caring less? :shock:
cableguyxx
Mass Poster

Post by cableguyxx »

OK. You first :P
Last edited by cableguyxx on Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cableguyxx
Mass Poster

Post by cableguyxx »

I'd be just as excited tomorrow as I would have been 25 years ago, if not more. I don't sit around anticipating it, but if it did happen, I'd be stoked!
Last edited by cableguyxx on Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.