Speak of the Devil Japanese Import "Poster"

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Speak of the Devil Japanese Import "Poster"

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

I noticed this item on ebay and it's the first time i've seen this with the enclosed poster with Randy (Top left).I bought the same Japanese import with obi strip and the Mr Crowley (Live) / I Don't Know (Live) 7" single which was only available with this version of SOTD.Was this poster only available as a limited edition or is it a made up item to boost the sale of this record ???
Sarab
Mass Poster

Post by Sarab »

new one to me.
Better people....
Better food...
And better beer.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Sarab wrote:new one to me.
But Gina that doesn't answer my question... :(
The Flying Dutchman

Re: Speak of the Devil Japanese Import "Poster"

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:Was this poster only available as a limited edition or is it a made up item to boost the sale of this record ???
Maybe this poster stams from the time when they still had the intention to release the '82 Randy footage which of course is savely hidden away from us for already more than 25 years. :wink: :P
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

I think it's real, they always seemed to add a bit extra to Japanese releases! don't forget the Japanese market got an album on the Jet label that had Randy playing on it (from his Ozzy years) that wasn't released anywhere else.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Trigger wrote:I think it's real, they always seemed to add a bit extra to Japanese releases! don't forget the Japanese market got an album on the Jet label that had Randy playing on it (from his Ozzy years) that wasn't released anywhere else.
I see what your on about, but alot of records use to add items like extra discs and posters and free sew on patches to boost sales as an advertising gimmick.I thought this may have been a limited offer.But i can always remember the Japanese market getting Live records released before the rest of the world had the chance to buy them.MSG Live at the Budokan and Gary Moore Rockin' Every Night Live in Japan are two examples.I paid £28 for the Gary Moore LP import back in the 80's.What was the Ozzy Randy record you mentioned Ian ??
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

The Japanese only album was 'The other side of Ozzy' which was a collection of B-sides and live tracks. Side 1 was all Randy and Side 2 was Jake, it was an LP and Cassette and I have a copy of it I bought in 1985.
Jet records didn't include anything new but it was a Jet label release, I thought it should have been released everywhere!
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
metal_head6704

Post by metal_head6704 »

Theres one on e-bay right now.......

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ozzy-Osbourne-Other ... dZViewItem