Randy Rhoads 25th Anniversary Radio Show Transcript

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

siro_angel
Mass Poster

Randy Rhoads 25th Anniversary Radio Show Transcript

Post by siro_angel »

Paul: Hello everyone welcome to Lakes College Radio with your host Paul and Simon, now todays a special day as it is the 25th anniversary of Randy Rhoads' death, now we also have Simon playing guitar for us aswell a few Randy songs and if you wanna see him play just come on in, Randy Rhoads was a legendery guitarist who played for Ozzy Osbourne and Quiet Riot, now lets see whats he known for.

Crazy Train played on radio.

Paul: and that was Crazy Train now Simon here is going to play is a short peice of Ozzy Osbourne's Steal Away The Night and it is found on the Blizzard of Ozz album correct Simon?

Simon: That is correct.

Simon plays Steal Away The Night riff.

Paul: now we shall play another song called Mr Crowley.

Mr Crowley (Tribute version) played on radio,

Paul: Now we have another song by Randy, this one is called what Simon?

Simon: It is called Dee and it was played on the Blizzard of Ozz album and it was in dedication to his mother.

Simon plays intro to Dee.

Paul: If you want to see Simon play come on in and just watch, and now we have?

Simon: Suicide Solution with his famous guitar solo, found on the Tribute album released after Randy's death

Suicide Solution (Tribute Version) is played, Simon tells Paul (off mic) "I am not responsible for any suicides in college if this is played" Paul replies "Oh yeah the Ozzy Case haha"

Paul: Now we have an accoustic introduction to what song simon?

Simon: Diary of a madman found on the album Diary of a madman.

Simon plays Diary of a madman intro.

Paul: Simon also has written by himself a song in dedication to Randy Rhoads and it is called Waves of Dreams.
"A man who aimed to bring his dreams to reality is not a fool, but the man who won't is."
siro_angel
Mass Poster

Re: Randy Rhoads 25th Anniversary Radio Show Transcript

Post by siro_angel »

Simon plays Waves of Dreams.

Paul: And that was Waves of Dreams. So tell me simon about Randy Rhoads who is this guitarist for those who dont know so tell us.

Simon: Well Randy Rhoads was a classically influenced guitarist who was born on the 6th December 1956, he died on this day 25 years ago in a freak plane accident, he was an inspiration to me and many guitarists across the world,
Last edited by siro_angel on Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"A man who aimed to bring his dreams to reality is not a fool, but the man who won't is."
siro_angel
Mass Poster

Post by siro_angel »

Paul: Powerful words there Simon, and now this blues/classical/rock does he show it this next song? Revelations Mother Earth?

Simon: Yes mainly the classical influence.

Revelations Mother Earth is played on Radio.
siro_angel
Mass Poster

Post by siro_angel »

Paul: Right for our last song, is one of Randy's Quite Right..

Simon: Quiet Riot..

Paul: Quiet Riot then, *laughs* one of Quiet Riot's songs Slick Black Cadalac!

Slick Black Cadiliac is played.

Paul: and now its been lovely having this tribute to Randy, and I hope that Randy inspires you as much as it inspired our man Simon, and so its goodbye from me Paul,

Simon: and its goodbye from him.

Paul: that was Simon, and this is Lakes College Radio signing off.
siro_angel
Mass Poster

Post by siro_angel »

Sorry guys for not posting it sooner, ive had a lot of shit going on back here and it was so overwhelming, I hope ya all ok and like the transcript!
Im sorry theres a snippet missing, it keeps saying no post mode and it wont let me post a bit in it.. so if ya want the whole thing give me your email and ill email it ya

Simon
Sarab
Mass Poster

Post by Sarab »

Very nice, Simon!
Did anyone come and see you?
Better people....
Better food...
And better beer.
siro_angel
Mass Poster

Post by siro_angel »

Sarab wrote:Very nice, Simon!
Did anyone come and see you?
The cleaner went in and said "ive heard randy, ive heard you, you were both magical" and a few students went in saw me playing walked out lmao!

Simon