Fare thee Well, my friend.

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Randy Magic
Friend of Randy

Fare thee Well, my friend.

Post by Randy Magic »

Hello all - I was contacted and asked to repost these pics - please respect, thanks.

There are two articles here, the first is accompanied by the funeral pic and is titled "Guitar Symbolizes Death of Rock Musician" My family donated the white guitar on the right side of the pic, but the reference is for the PDV floral display on the center back-left (of course, I always ignored that fact). I was going to post a pic of the Funeral Service card, but Frank beat me to it, glad it was posted. This was absolutely the most difficult day of my life, and only in the last several years has the numbness began to wear off. I will be going to the Memorial, it will be my first time back in...well, too long. Will be great to see many folks I have not seen in years, it will truley be a Celebration of Randy's life, as well as a memorial for his spirit. To all who are going, drive/fly safely and see you there.

(The second article is an obit and has no pics, but does have a VERY interesting typo, can you guess what it is?)

I may have a few other articles, I'll take a look and post them later if I do. Regards to all,
Gary
frank
Student & Friend of Randy

Post by frank »

gary, thank you for this post. it brought back memories of loss and confusion. like you i was numb and heartbroken. now i feel for those who never got the chance to experience the gift we had in knowing this extraordinary young man.
frank.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

That is a very sad image indeed, I know how you both felt because 18 months later I lost a very close friend in tragic circumstances and the whole experience of hearing the news and the funeral was numbing.

I am writing my letter to the Rhoads family at the moment (see Franks thread in this section) this post with the pictures has made me reconsider what I have written so far.

My deepest sympathy to you both (Randy Magic and Frank)

Ian
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Hey Magic,
From the moment I discovered Randy he was already gone for several years so I get used to it. After reading Rudy's book and
seeing these articles it suddenly comes very close..... Like it happened yesterday. It's still hard to accept what happened with
Randy even for a stranger like me (who has no connection at all, except for the music) so many years later.
Very touching stuff here... But I'm glad it's posted here! Thnx! :)
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
cableguyxx
Mass Poster

Post by cableguyxx »

:arrow:
Last edited by cableguyxx on Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Randy Magic
Friend of Randy

Post by Randy Magic »

Glad you all like the stuff I posted. Did anyone catch the major typo in the obit?

Here is an article from May 1987 that was in the local paper. A nice shot of Delores as well. A good read.

Best regards,
Gary