Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

frank wrote:consider it done.
Thank you, kind sir.
cableguyxx
Mass Poster

Post by cableguyxx »

:arrow:
Last edited by cableguyxx on Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Darin, thanks for letting me know that someone has asked Mrs. Rhoads about the "pro-shot footage" issue. I'd hate to see it brought up again only to upset her.

So Frank, I guess, never mind... thanks for the offer though.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

I think that this is one of those things that will never go away until we have something the footage I have been told about (by a reliable person) is not pro shot as we understand it, but is fixed camera and recorded by the crew. This most likely to exist in Ozzy archive in large-ish amounts.

For me I would sooner have a recording like that than none at all, The band members all say very contradictory things and none of them seem prepared to share the smallest things with us, we are the people who keep Randy's memory alive and to a large part help to maintain the celebrity status for them his former band mates. I think they owe us something for our loyalty to them over the past 25 years.

T
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
dannyahansen
Mass Poster

Post by dannyahansen »

dannyahansen wrote:
Randys amps were not 1959 SLPs. He used Marshall 100W superlead amp with no master volume.

Thats what I said. Super Lead Amps. This is what is listed in the back of the Diary tour book and also Randy said this in a interview I read in a guitar magazine. I can't remember if it was Guitar World or Guitar 1. I'll see if I can find it.
Well there is a big diffrence between the 1959 slp and the 100w super lead head. 1959 is a superlead plexi. It is an older modle like that of Jimi Hendricks and Van halen. Randy did not use these when on tour. He used '77 or '78 100w JMP non master volume heads. The 2 amps mentioned above sound totally diffrent, as i have owned both. Just want to clarify here. A quick note in you original post it states 1959 super lead amps. I know of no other amp thatn a 1959 slp. THere is some bad info out there on the exacte modle Randy used. I would suspect that they are the JMP 2203 100w amps mad from '77-'80.
dannyahansen
Mass Poster

Post by dannyahansen »

I think that this is one of those things that will never go away until we have something the footage I have been told about (by a reliable person) is not pro shot as we understand it, but is fixed camera and recorded by the crew. This most likely to exist in Ozzy archive in large-ish amounts.
Are you refering to the possible dotg Footage here, or the Bill Grahm Vault
Footage? Just curious to know more about any footage.
moonchild77

Post by moonchild77 »

dannyahansen wrote:
dannyahansen wrote:
Randys amps were not 1959 SLPs. He used Marshall 100W superlead amp with no master volume.

Thats what I said. Super Lead Amps. This is what is listed in the back of the Diary tour book and also Randy said this in a interview I read in a guitar magazine. I can't remember if it was Guitar World or Guitar 1. I'll see if I can find it.
Well there is a big diffrence between the 1959 slp and the 100w super lead head. 1959 is a superlead plexi. It is an older modle like that of Jimi Hendricks and Van halen. Randy did not use these when on tour. He used '77 or '78 100w JMP non master volume heads. The 2 amps mentioned above sound totally diffrent, as i have owned both. Just want to clarify here. A quick note in you original post it states 1959 super lead amps. I know of no other amp thatn a 1959 slp. THere is some bad info out there on the exacte modle Randy used. I would suspect that they are the JMP 2203 100w amps mad from '77-'80.
This info came (again) from the Diary tour book and from a interview I have of him. The list would have been put together by Randy or his tech Pete. Not by some random person. Also if you look closely at his amps in different pictures from the Blizzard tour and the Diary tour he does have different amps.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

I mentioned getting flamed earlier and then didn't follow through on my statement... the reason there is no footage available (assuming it exists) is because nobody wants to deal with the legality of getting Mrs. Rhoads permission to make it available.

That crap that was spewed when the "soundcheck footage" appeared was about legal issues. Ozzy's camp re-recorded the drums and bass on the first two records to avoid having to pay royalties. Why would they produce a DVD collection of Randy stuff only to have to pay royalties to Randy's mom?

It is well known that Mrs. Rhoads keeps a tight leash on anything related to her son (which is both understandable and respectable in my opinion), so anyone wanting to "officially" release video - professionally shot or not - would have to deal with her. Legal issues cost money, and a lot of folks would rather avoid the conflict and just keep the film stashed away.

Sometime down the road something might surface. Patience is the key. We all want to see any footage, but we need to be content to wait.

Here comes the part that is hard to say or accept...

I've been told that after Mrs. Rhoads is gone, there is a good chance that afte Mrs. Rhoads has passed on, there will be more material available. I don't like to think that is true, but that is the word I've gotten.
cableguyxx
Mass Poster

Post by cableguyxx »

:arrow:
Last edited by cableguyxx on Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

cableguyxx wrote: I believe completely that more exists. I about fell over when I got a crappy copy of the part of the Starwood show on VHS way, way back :?
I was at a music fair in the VERY early 80's and a seller had a shit copy of After Hours, Me and a friend just looked at it mouth open shocked and thinking could it be real? a moving image of Randy doing what he did best!
What happened next was a scuffle which due to the fact that I was nearest to the seller resulted in me owning it. At the time the news of After hours had not got to Britain so this was like finding the Holy Grail, it was the worst version I have ever seen! but it felt so sweet to have an image to see over and over and over and over and over......you get the point! :)

What I wish for is more audio, we can chase this secretive video but for me I would love 10 more shows from 1981, this is what I dream of (and owning something Randy has written on or used).........

I can dream can't I? :D
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

I heard someone who talked with the Osbournes about this and $haron said:
"we are sitting on TONS OF STUFF we can't use, unfortunately we have to wait for the change of the guard".

And there is also the Bob, Lee VS O$bournes thing........
But I think in the end the O$bournes have the power to release whatever they want at any time.

In my humble opinion holding any Randy footage/audio back from public is a violation of art history and serves NOBODY!
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.