Tribute LP inner Sleeve photos ???

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Tribute LP inner Sleeve photos ???

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

I had the Tribute vinyl LP out the other day and i noticed on the inner sleeve (the one on the right) a couple of people with Randy who i don't recognise.If you look at the sleeve with the pictures of RR with Jodi and the one's with Ozzy dragging Randy into the sea.OK well if you look at the top Randy is holding a small baby.I'm just wondering who's kid this is as Kathy at the time didn't have any kids...Correct me if i'm wrong!!.It could just be a friends kid just curious thats all.If you look down and right from that pic.The photo of Randy with the guy in the hooded robe Got it..? My guess is that it may be Randy's guitar tech Peter Mertons ?? but i've never seen any pics of him to put a face to him who are they anyone know...??
Last edited by GUITARIDOL5682 on Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
Sarab
Mass Poster

Post by Sarab »

I wondered as well. I have the CD inner sleeve, and of course it is much smaller than the album.
Shaun, you wouldn't have an extra set of the inner sleeve hanging around that you don't know what to do with??????
I tried to salvage the one I had as best as I could without ripping it, and of course, it ripped.
Better people....
Better food...
And better beer.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Sarab wrote:I wondered as well. I have the CD inner sleeve, and of course it is much smaller than the album.
Shaun, you wouldn't have an extra set of the inner sleeve hanging around that you don't know what to do with??????
I tried to salvage the one I had as best as I could without ripping it, and of course, it ripped.
I wouldn't want to separate the sleeves from the LP's/vinyl as they are a collectors edition the later edition with the poster.But if you are wanting a copy of Tribute you see them all the time on ebay and the sell for between $10 -$30
sato sam

Re: Tribute LP inner Sleeve photos ???

Post by sato sam »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:OK well if you look at the top Randy is holding a small baby.I'm just wondering who's kid this is as Kathy at the time didn't have any kids.....??
That is Kathy's daughter :wink:
Sarab
Mass Poster

Re: Tribute LP inner Sleeve photos ???

Post by Sarab »

sato sam wrote:
GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:OK well if you look at the top Randy is holding a small baby.I'm just wondering who's kid this is as Kathy at the time didn't have any kids.....??
That is Kathy's daughter :wink:
Jenna?
Better people....
Better food...
And better beer.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

I didnt realise Jenna was that old! I thought she was about 22 now.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
frank
Student & Friend of Randy

Post by frank »

that would be her oldest daughter, alisa. born in '79 i think.

this is delores with alisa (red dress) and our daughter brianna in 1982.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

frank wrote:that would be her oldest daughter, alisa. born in '79 i think.This is delores with alisa (red dress) and our daughter brianna in 1982.
Thanks for the photo Frank, i found a pic in a magazine with Delores and Kathy with two kids.I had to go through hundreds of cuttings to find it .I found it but you'd beat me to it. Alisa is about seven year old in the pic i have she is with her younger brother Nicholas.I noticed in your photo Randy's name stencilled onto "is it a practice amp" bottom left corner.Cheers for sorting that one out,any ideas on the other photo. ???
frank

Post by frank »

i just noticed that case for the first time. no ideas on the "mystery man".
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

frank wrote:i just noticed that case for the first time. no ideas on the "mystery man".
Frank judging by the height of the cabinet could that not be Randy's old wooden practice amp.The Fender combo that he used for the auditions for Ozzy ?? Its got to be some kind of amplifier ,because all of Randy's equipment and all his Marshall heads had his name and HANDLE WITH CARE stencilled on them you can just see the 'RE' of CARE in the corner.
frank

Post by frank »

i suppose it could be, i just can't tell shaun.
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:The Fender combo that he used for the auditions for Ozzy ?? Its got to be some kind of amplifier ,because all of Randy's equipment and all his Marshall heads had his name and HANDLE WITH CARE stencilled on them you can just see the 'RE' of CARE in the corner.
Hey Shaun,
Maybe a little off-topic here, but I wonder about the amp Randy took with him to do the Ozzy audition. See the Japanese tribute 2002 vid. Delores said she was showing the amp there that Randy took with him when auditioning. The only little amp shown in the footage was in Randy's teaching room. And that amp was a little Ampeg tube combo. If I remember correctly: it had just three knobs and two switches, probably power and standby.
Could be still a different amp she had shown to those Japanese people which was maybe not shown in the documentary but I never seen any images of that little 'Fender' amp.
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

The Flying Dutchman wrote: Hey Shaun,
Maybe a little off-topic here, but I wonder about the amp Randy took with him to do the Ozzy audition. See the Japanese tribute 2002 vid. Delores said she was showing the amp there that Randy took with him when auditioning. The only little amp shown in the footage was in Randy's teaching room. And that amp was a little Ampeg tube combo. If I remember correctly: it had just three knobs and two switches, probably power and standby.
Could be still a different amp she had shown to those Japanese people which was maybe not shown in the documentary but I never seen any images of that little 'Fender' amp.
Yeah Pat i don't want to start two different threads here but i just noticed the amp in the corner of the photo.I thought i'd ask Frank about it but he cannot remember what one it was.I was thinking that it was the wooden cabineted one with the brown grill cover and it has a name plate along the top ??I've seen a couple of photos of it .It may be the one in the DVD you mentioned i'd have to have a look at it.The photo is showing the back of the amp but this is going of topic.Do you recognise who this guy is in the photo with Randy he has Don Airey's stage gear on by the look of it.??
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:
The Flying Dutchman wrote: Hey Shaun,
Do you recognise who this guy is in the photo with Randy he has Don Airey's stage gear on by the look of it.??
Looks he has a moustache. The guy doesn't look like Don Airey, he reminds me a bit of Geezer Butler.
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

I know the picture you mean, although I am not looking at it right now.... BUT, I know that Tommy's roadie dressed as an executioner on the diary tour. I have never seen him close up so could the guy in the picture be Tommy's roadie

I once read (I think :? ) that Tommy's roadie had worked with Don as well.

T
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.