Ozzy Promo poster ???

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Ozzy Promo poster ???

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

I have this poster and was wondering if it was actually an advertising promo poster from 1981.This would of been hanging up in record stores as a display with record covers and logos ect.It has CBS inc copyright in small letters in the bottom left corner and P36812 Ozzy Osbourne in the bottom right corner.Does anybody have one of these ?? Did anyone buy one from a record store ??
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

I have never seen that as a poster but it has the BOO Ozzy logo and could have been taken anytime during the late Sabb years or early solo.
In my local record shops they wouls add non record related posters to the artist displays to pack them out.
The CBS logo seems to suggest this is more official though, all I have from the Randy years (poster wise) are the posters from the release old the Diary and Blizzard album. They are large Black and White posters of the front covers of the albums with serial numbers for the album and saying on Jet Album and Cassette.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
wyldeone
Cool Member

Post by wyldeone »

I use to have that poster.. It is a promo poster for the ist album.. Very rare poster
mikegladsz

Post by mikegladsz »

that poster looks awesome actually. ive never seen one, but then again, im from the states so its unlikely ill ever come across one!
If Randy had of lived, we would be saying Eddie Van Halen who? - Alex Skolnick
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

mikegladsz wrote:that poster looks awesome actually. ive never seen one, but then again, im from the states so its unlikely ill ever come across one!
Mike i got the poster from a guy in the states on ebay...Its not a poster from the UK
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Trigger wrote:I have never seen that as a poster but it has the BOO Ozzy logo and could have been taken anytime during the late Sabb years or early solo.
In my local record shops they wouls add non record related posters to the artist displays to pack them out.
The CBS logo seems to suggest this is more official though, all I have from the Randy years (poster wise) are the posters from the release old the Diary and Blizzard album. They are large Black and White posters of the front covers of the albums with serial numbers for the album and saying on Jet Album and Cassette.
Ian the poster i was telling you about "the Diary Promo" ive never seen this one before.I took this down off the wall in a record shop back in 81.Just rolled it up and walked out.Well it did go to a good home :lol:
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

This is another promo poster from the US for the Speak of the Devil album this is a very rare item.

Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

I have never seen that one before GI, I have a few 'Speak' items but I have never seen that one. It looks in great condition too :)
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.