Lost RR Guitar feature .....

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Lost RR Guitar feature .....

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

I've just been over to the Guitar World website to see if they are doing a feature on RR for the up coming 25 anniversary.Nothing mentioned about it yet but no doubt he'll be covered in a Guitar Legend special.But i was surprised to see the mentioned article below about his lost guitar,i think this is the Jackson the 3rd one that got lost/sold at the NAMM show.I'm sure RRTK mentioned it a few weeks back.But keep an eye out for that one released Feb 13
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

The lost guitar? Man they'll do anyhting to get Randy on the cover and sell more issues.

I've heard about this "lost" guitar before, but what's the big deal? It was a prototype of what is available now at every Guitar Center. It ws supposed to go to Randy, but he died before it could be delivered. That makes it just another guitar that Randy never played. I've got 5 guitars in my bedroom right now that Randy Rhoads never played. I think some people stretch way too far to try to make the legend of Randy Rhoads grow.

Could someone please tell me what there is about this "lost" guitar that should be worthy of an article? (Of course, knowing Guitar World, it could easily be one paragraph and a photo and still be a "cover story").
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Okay, I got this issue yesterday and read the article. Just what I thought, a nifty little story about how the guitar was mistakenly sold at NAMM and ended up with this kid who now plays in some unknown prog-metal band. He goes on and on about how unique this particular guitar is, but based on the pictures, it's just a Jackson RR guitar. Sure there'd be sentimental value because it was built for Randy, but Randy never saw it, let alone play it. SO it's just an axe, it wasn't even assembled while Randy was alive.

This article is the poorest excuse yet to get Randy on the cover of a magazine. They could have done a study on his Quiet Riot playing with breakdowns of the differences in scales and structure to his Ozzy songs, that'd have been impressive, but not an article about the "lost" guitar.

Oh, and coincidentally, there's an ad in the back for this lttle-known prog-metal band and the guy's holding his RR guitar just like in the article. Almost like someone was trying to give this guy's band a push and used Randy's name to do it.

I am much less than impressed.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

So Rocky is the mag worth buying ?? Does it have any cool pics of RR in it ??
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

I'm curious to see if the Guitar mags/music press will publish anything on Randy for the 25th anniversary.I've noticed that the mags are a month ahead so the March edition is out now.So bearing that in mind, will it not be the April editions when RR will be featured ??.I've had a look in previous editions and if what i've said is true some have had articles out in February and as late as May.So with a bit of luck we've still got a chance to see something coming out.So watch this space!!! :shock:
Donnie
Cool Member

Post by Donnie »

I didnt like how he said he might 1 day sell it..wtf it wasnt supposed to go to him anyways and they called him the number 1 RR fan too..bs
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

zero wrote:I didnt like how he said he might 1 day sell it..wtf it wasnt supposed to go to him anyways and they called him the number 1 RR fan too..bs
I think it's funny that he thinks he'll get a fortune for the guitar... there is no real proof it is what he says it is. He mentions that the jackson logo was painted on because Grover didn't have any decals at that point. Well, I could go to Warmoth, buy the appropriate parts and paint the Jackson logo on the headstock. Then I could have the "lost" guitar, too.

Yeah, the number one fan who doesn't ever get online at the two most popular Randy Rhoads websites... what a waste of space.

The Duane Allman article and lesson are good, though.
Donnie
Cool Member

Post by Donnie »

RockyRhoads wrote:
zero wrote:I didnt like how he said he might 1 day sell it..wtf it wasnt supposed to go to him anyways and they called him the number 1 RR fan too..bs
I think it's funny that he thinks he'll get a fortune for the guitar... there is no real proof it is what he says it is. He mentions that the jackson logo was painted on because Grover didn't have any decals at that point. Well, I could go to Warmoth, buy the appropriate parts and paint the Jackson logo on the headstock. Then I could have the "lost" guitar, too.

Yeah, the number one fan who doesn't ever get online at the two most popular Randy Rhoads websites... what a waste of space.

The Duane Allman article and lesson are good, though.
Yeah the Duane article was good. I feel he should give the guitar to Mrs.Rhoads and be compensated what he paid for it..Imho.