Musonia was broken into and robbed...

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Dangling Carrot

Re: Musonia was broken into and robbed...

Post by Dangling Carrot »

romeorose2019 wrote:Peter Margolis is in possession of the stolen equipment.
Hey Romeo..Peter Margolis won. :idea:

https://www.leagle.com/decision/incaco20150123036
romeorose2019

Post by romeorose2019 »

Nick wrote:Where is Randy's original pdv concord, Les Paul and pedal board. I thought Randy's Ozzy equipment was stored outside the school
Kathy probably keeps those guitars in her house.
As rich as that family is, they are too cheap to pay for proper storage in a locked bank vault.
They either keep it at their private residence or they probably keep it in a cheap rental storage building somewhere.
There was a time when even Jimmie Vaughan kept some of SRVs equipment in a rental storage unit, so it's not unheard of.

But my best bet is, it's stored in their private residence.

Which probably is pretty safe.
People are more likely to break into Musonia a school, than they are a private home in a rich neighborhood.
Kathys husband is a millionaire she married into some money, so I'm sure the stuff is safe at their private home.
Plus, someone is probably home most of the time their kids or someone and it's probably hidden in a secret door type of thing in their home.
If I had them, I'd keep them in my home, hidden in a secret closet that no one would even realize is there unless you told them.
romeorose2019

Post by romeorose2019 »

Dangling Carrot wrote:

That's a interesting read. I knew they won in regards to the book, and I'm glad, that book is amazingly good.

It's really crazy though how that was 2006... I still had a girlfriend back then and was happy, 4 years later she left me and my life has been nothing ever since, seems like a life time ago, but it's weird to think about that, 2006 because I really haven't thought much about Randy since she left me in 2010 so in some ways it feels like it was just yesterday when all that was going on, in many ways time stopped for me in 2010, and in some ways obvisouly it hasn't. I'd love to just go back to that time and stay there forever.

That's new info though to me that the family had photos of randys dead body and actually gave them to Peter to use, I had thought he obtained them direct from the officer on the scene, I just find it a little morbid that the Rhoads family would hold onto those kinda photos all the years and then just hand them over to someone.

"photographs of Randy's deceased body; the autopsy report and introductions to Randy's family and friends, including Osbourne, his wife Sharon and Alice Cooper. The Rhoads family believes the materials provided by them remain in Margolis and Klein's possession."
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

As a friend of Andrew's, I can tell you that he profited in no way from his involvement in the film or in his book. The book cost him quite a bit and the Rhoads lawsuit cost him even more. Without the books Andrew Klein put out, we would all have far less available to us regarding Randy Rhoads.
Dangling Carrot

romeorose2019 wrote:
Dangling Carrot wrote:

That's new info though to me that the family had photos of randys dead body and actually gave them to Peter to use, I had thought he obtained them direct from the officer on the scene, I just find it a little morbid that the Rhoads family would hold onto those kinda photos all the years and then just hand them over to someone.

"photographs of Randy's deceased body; the autopsy report and introductions to Randy's family and friends, including Osbourne, his wife Sharon and Alice Cooper. The Rhoads family believes the materials provided by them remain in Margolis and Klein's possession."

The photos were first offered to Steve Blevins who was the Dakota researcher for dates March 18 and 19th, by the police officer first on the seen. From what i understand, Steve passed that opportunity on to Peter. The entire death scene photos and information in a police profile format was sent to Peter. He thought that there may be something that could be used in the film from the photos. The Rhoads family was kept out of the loop on this for years by the police officer about the folder. They never knew that Peter had the folder of photos until Kathy contacted Mr.Blevins and he told her the folder was offered to him first during research. This was the last nail in the coffin for Peter. Whats sad, the film would have been very nice for Randy's legacy, but Peter was being attacked by KG and KR through the family and when the death photos info came to light.. Peter was out. I'm not sure if the family ever received the folder or not. The lawsuit came shortly after. Ultimately per contract.. Dakota can release the film whenever they feel the time is right.
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

Paul Wolfe wrote:As a friend of Andrew's, I can tell you that he profited in no way from his involvement in the film or in his book. The book cost him quite a bit and the Rhoads lawsuit cost him even more. Without the books Andrew Klein put out, we would all have far less available to us regarding Randy Rhoads.
That’s lousy to hear, Paul...it may not mean much, but I am thankful for and very much appreciate Andrew’s efforts. He and the other gentlemen involved did more for Randy’s fan base than anyone else.
Very proud owner of both his and the Sobol books.
~Tom
Whenever I put on Blizzard or Diary, what a wonderful, delicate furious beast.... I MISS you, man!
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

Dangling Carrot wrote:Dakota can release the film whenever they feel the time is right.
Wow! Had no idea Dakota could roll out the film anytime they wish!? Thanks for the info, DC...maybe they’re waiting for 3/22?
Anyone happen to know KG’s whereabouts these days? I was shocked to learn he had sold that gorgeous custom bass the Aussie luthier made for him...I wouldn’t be surprised to find he was involved...certainly knew Musonia inside and out!
~Tom
*edit: Perry Ormsby!
Last edited by whoopiecat on Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Whenever I put on Blizzard or Diary, what a wonderful, delicate furious beast.... I MISS you, man!
romeorose2019

Post by romeorose2019 »

Last I heard, KG owns and operates a small restaurant/café in a middle of the nowhere town and he is still doing his artwork.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Kelly Garni was not involved in any way, shape or form. Unlike a lot of Randy's fans, Kelly has moved on to a life of his own. Leave him out of this nonsense.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

I don't know where this info about Dakota being able to release the film came about. As the film stands now it has that many key people who have decided they don't want there interviews or material used. The film would have to be edited until all those parts are not included. So you'd have a film with 38 no bodies talking shit about how great Randy is..Plus the connecion with Ozzy and all the BS the Rhoads have kicked up with Margolis Klien Rosen etc. Do you think after all the court proceedings they'll just say yeah go on then release it.. This is about as dumb as asking if Bob can release 'the grail' because its not a problem...Wake up and smell the coffee FFS..
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

Paul Wolfe wrote:Kelly Garni was not involved in any way, shape or form. Unlike a lot of Randy's fans, Kelly has moved on to a life of his own. Leave him out of this nonsense.
That’s a bad on me. Apologies to Mr. Garni.
~Tom
Dangling Carrot

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:I don't know where this info about Dakota being able to release the film came about. As the film stands now it has that many key people who have decided they don't want there interviews or material used. The film would have to be edited until all those parts are not included. So you'd have a film with 38 no bodies talking shit about how great Randy is..Plus the connecion with Ozzy and all the BS the Rhoads have kicked up with Margolis Klien Rosen etc. Do you think after all the court proceedings they'll just say yeah go on then release it.. This is about as dumb as asking if Bob can release 'the grail' because its not a problem...Wake up and smell the coffee FFS..

lol@ coffee..i hate coffee. Every Interview before the camera would roll.. a release had to be signed. The memorials, there were signs that said you are being video taped for a film if you stay in the area surrounding Randys grave, you agree to give up all rights. Peter (aka) Dakota met every part of the agreement with Delores Rhoads to be able to put out the film. If it is released all agreements will still be met as for money going to Randy's estate how Mrs. Rhoads wanted it done..that is inked. She was paid money upfront and they do that to seal the deal. So if there were a big~shot and was filmed by Peters crew, they were asked to sign a release just like everyone else. Dakota Pictures owns the rights to the unreleased film no matter what you choose to believe and how much you smell the coffee. The viewing the family had was out of respect but not contractual. The only thing Peter had to do was fulfill the agreement. It's my opinion that in the future the Osbourne's will get the 75% wanted in the beginning and the doc will get release through them with the Rhoads family approval. Its all about the $$$$$ If you read the law suit you will see that the burden of proof was that all of the pictures and film was approved for the film* It's a done deal..someone just needs to put on a set of nuts and release it.

Remember this..
The only reason the Osbourne's were never onboard was because in the very beginning Sharon contacted Peter wanting 75% control over the film. How does Dakota recover from that and donate a % to Randy's estate? Ozzy is suppose to be Randy's friend..but the deal they wanted says Money is Ozzy and Sharon's friend. The main reason the footage has not been released Kathy claims to have..is because the same reason.. money* Ozzys Image and music. Sharon Osbourne is the queen of gold diggers. In saying that..Ozzy owns the rights to his image and music..there is no denying that. I hope one day greed will disappear and they all do the right thing. Randy's iconic legacy needs to be told.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

It'll never happen or if it is done it will be almost another film Bob Daisley pulled out because they wouldn't play ball to his call and mentioning money and a royalty percentage for using grail material etc. So he'll not be in it. No Bernie Torme material and no Pete Mertons material which was a piss poor interview at best. I don't know if his next of kin would give permission. But I've seen the transcript of that interview and its basically how many times Pete could get wasted after and before a gig. He gave a very lacklustre interview. Ozzy n $haron well they just put the spanner in the works on everything in life. But it's down to the film being salvaged for what it is Andrew had to separately pay all the photographers to use their material in his book. That payment did not secure the films material. So I don't know if the payments had to be handed back with the docu being shelved. So they'd more then likely need money to cover all the material used in the film. If it happens the Osbourne$ may put up the cash for it. I think everyone involved wish they'd never made the film or Klien's book as it was a waste of time and money which they all regret big time.
Dangling Carrot

A lot of time went into the film..a lot of stories and cool pictures. It would be good to see it released. I haven't seen the book, but I'm sure some of my pictures are in it. I was never paid or even contacted..but I did sign the release for the film.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Dangling Carrot wrote:A lot of time went into the film..a lot of stories and cool pictures. It would be good to see it released. I haven't seen the book, but I'm sure some of my pictures are in it. I was never paid or even contacted..but I did sign the release for the film.
If you didn't receive any payment, then non of your photos would be in the book for sure. I know Andrew paid everyone who contributed to his book. Unless they offered their items up for free. I know too many people who provided good material for the book. Plus I know some of the guys who progrudginly have said "he better not have any of my photos in the book". When he went to court he provided the info to cover every photographer by name with credit and payment. He covered his ass and did everything above board.