Musonia was broken into and robbed...

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Dangling Carrot

Re: Musonia was broken into and robbed...

Post by Dangling Carrot »

Yeah ..what I'm saying is, I provided some photos to Peter* for the film free and whatever early on and signed a release so.. they owe me nothing. You know, it just hit me.. Peter told me they had other plans for photos that didn't make the film at the very beginning of all this. So the book was was not a new idea. I haven't seen the book..a photo credit would be nice though if they used them. lol
Sky
Madman

Post by Sky »

Dangling Carrot wrote:Yeah ..what I'm saying is, I provided some photos to Peter* for the film free and whatever early on and signed a release so.. they owe me nothing. You know, it just hit me.. Peter told me they had other plans for photos that didn't make the film at the very beginning of all this. So the book was was not a new idea. I haven't seen the book..a photo credit would be nice though if they used them. lol
It would be a mistake to assume that everyone involved in the film had your experience. The book was a complete surprise to several of the name artists who appeared in the film and not all of them signed a release for their filmed interviews to be used or gave permission for their photos to appear in the book. For once I agree with Shaun, the film would have to be seriously cut before any release, they've pissed off far too many people who took part, including the Osbournes who could, and probably would, deny use of the music.
"Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain't goin' away." - Elvis Presley
alborg
Cool Member

Post by alborg »

Again, something else that could have been great turned to shit for various reasons... No film. No grail... At lease I have the book as well as the Quiet Riot book and DVD.
Randy's Legacy has not been handled well at all so far. At least Janie Hendrix took over his estate and worked towards some great releases and celebrating his legacy to keep it alive.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Randy's "legacy" seems to be:

Great, gifted guitar player who died tragically at a young age after being involved with a number of whining, sniveling, greedy people who never really cared about him in the first place...

I believe Bob and Lee truly liked Randy and I believe Kelly loved his friend but too many of the rest see him as a means to an end.
alborg
Cool Member

Post by alborg »

Paul Wolfe wrote:Randy's "legacy" seems to be:

Great, gifted guitar player who died tragically at a young age after being involved with a number of whining, sniveling, greedy people who never really cared about him in the first place...

I believe Bob and Lee truly liked Randy and I believe Kelly loved his friend but too many of the rest see him as a means to an end.
Pretty much nail on the head there.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Sky wrote: The book was a complete surprise to several of the name artists who appeared in the film and not all of them signed a release for their filmed interviews to be used or gave permission for their photos to appear in the book. For once I agree with Shaun, the film would have to be seriously cut before any release, they've pissed off far too many people who took part, including the Osbournes who could, and probably would, deny use of the music.
So who's photos and interviews ended up being used in the book without signing off or being giving up without the original owners permission ?
Sky
Madman

Post by Sky »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:
Sky wrote: The book was a complete surprise to several of the name artists who appeared in the film and not all of them signed a release for their filmed interviews to be used or gave permission for their photos to appear in the book. For once I agree with Shaun, the film would have to be seriously cut before any release, they've pissed off far too many people who took part, including the Osbournes who could, and probably would, deny use of the music.
So who's photos and interviews ended up being used in the book without signing off or being giving up without the original owners permission ?
Bob Daisley's, I mentioned it on here years ago. Bob never signed a release for the doc or anything else. Generally speaking, there are 2 types of release forms: A blanket release permits any use of the photographic image of the person signing the release and is suitable if the company  needs an unlimited right to use the image. Stock photographers who sell their photos for unlimited purposes commonly use blanket releases.
'Artists' usually sign limited releases that specify the particular ways their image and name may be used, these are often customised to suit the artist.
Unless the RR doc was intended for private viewing purposes, a distribution company would have to be involved at which point the film maker would have to prove he owns all the rights to every piece of content in the film. He'd need documentation for every single item in the movie – music, photos, film clips, graphics, location… everything. Only when all these things have been checked and cleared can a documentary be legally copied, shared, shown in cinemas or broadcast on TV or the Internet. Those checks are thorough, they're done to protect the distribution company and broadcasters from any potential law suits. I just wonder if any distribution company would be prepared to get involved given the off-screen history, past litigation, and potential hassles from artists who agreed to be interviewed because they were assured that Randy's family supported the project. I also wonder how binding any signed limited release forms would be, now that 10+ years have gone by and circumstances have changed.
"Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain't goin' away." - Elvis Presley
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Sky wrote:
GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:
Bob Daisley's, I mentioned it on here years ago. Bob never signed a release for the doc or anything else. Generally speaking, there are 2 types of release forms: A blanket release permits any use of the photographic image of the person signing the release and is suitable if the company  needs an unlimited right to use the image. Stock photographers who sell their photos for unlimited purposes commonly use blanket releases..
So your saying if the release forms are not signed nothing can be used. The photographer's material in the book was used with permission. They are released with credit and the images are protected with similar rites as you've mentioned above. When Bob wrote his book you asked me about a couple of photographs which Bob used in his book. I think one belonged to Paul Cox and the other was from Ross Halfin. So those mentioned photos are then credited to the photos as listed for example Ross Halfin pages 2-9 33-50-79 103 Paul Cox pages 12-80-104 any material used will be listed like this in the credits in books and it may say if any photographers material is used or not credited to the original photographer or is uncredited please contact for credit for future edited editions for future release.

As long as the photos are listed and paid for, then the listed material has been used correctly regardless of who are in the photographs be it Bob, Lee or Ozzy.
Sky
Madman

Post by Sky »

So your saying if the release forms are not signed nothing can be used. The photographer's material in the book was used with permission. They are released with credit and the images are protected with similar rites as you've mentioned above. When Bob wrote his book you asked me about a couple of photographs which Bob used in his book. I think one belonged to Paul Cox and the other was from Ross Halfin. So those mentioned photos are then credited to the photos as listed for example Ross Halfin pages 2-9 33-50-79 103 Paul Cox pages 12-80-104 any material used will be listed like this in the credits in books and it may say if any photographers material is used or not credited to the original photographer or is uncredited please contact for credit for future edited editions for future release.

As long as the photos are listed and paid for, then the listed material has been used correctly regardless of who are in the photographs be it Bob, Lee or Ozzy.
Yes, I'm saying that if the release forms are not signed, nothing can be used. Yes, I know that the photographer has copyright for his material not the person being photographed. I'm talking about a photograph, taken at Ridge Farm by Bob Daisley, that's in the RR book. Bob was asked if some of his material including photos could be used, permission was denied. That didn't stop the film makers using it so after the book came out, discussions between representatives followed, it happened years ago. However, bending the rules in a self-published book has far fewer consequences than bending the rules in the film industry, so yes Bob's interviews and scanned material would have to be cut from any film they were trying to release. I should imagine that anything belonging to the Rhoads family or shot in Musonia would also have to be cut. Whether any signed limited release form is still valid is debatable. And then there's the music, even if they were allowed to use it they'd have to pay sync fees to Ozzy's publishing company for a precise amount of each song they used from BOO or DOAM, sync fees aren't cheap.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Sky wrote: I'm talking about a photograph, taken at Ridge Farm by Bob Daisley, that's in the RR book. Bob was asked if some of his material including photos could be used, permission was denied.
So one photo was used belonging to Bob in the Klien book. Did that photo get used in Bob's book ?
Sky
Madman

Post by Sky »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:
Sky wrote: I'm talking about a photograph, taken at Ridge Farm by Bob Daisley, that's in the RR book. Bob was asked if some of his material including photos could be used, permission was denied.
So one photo was used belonging to Bob in the Klien book. Did that photo get used in Bob's book ?
No, it wasn't used in Bob's book.
JNH

Post by JNH »

Tito wrote:Thats an iside job if i ever seen one. in my opinion. Looks like tubby needs more dominican cigars.
Bingo!!! Porky Pig (Doug....errr Kelle) should be considered the ultimate embarrassment to the Rhoads family and community. No question he has some involvement in this fiasco!! Dupping the fans out of donations to line his pockets, instead of using that money for PROPER security measures. Musonia should have been locked, secured and surveillanced akin to f'n FT. KNOX!!!
Think about it for a minute......next to Jimi Hendrix, Randy's gear has got to be the most sought-after out of any guitarist, alive or deceased. Holy Grail material, even though it's not his stage gear.
I've always questioned Kelle's integrity from day one.....and i definitely smell a swine in this latest debacle. Why the management of Musonia wasn't given to Kathy after Mrs. Rhoads' passing is beyond me...... :cry:
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Sky wrote:
GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:
No, it wasn't used in Bob's book.
But it was ok for Bob to hastle Andrew Klien over one photo. Then Bob uses many photos in his book belonging to Ron Sobel and others without their permission. One rule for one and fuck the rest of them.
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

JNH wrote:
Tito wrote:Thats an iside job if i ever seen one. in my opinion. Looks like tubby needs more dominican cigars.
Bingo!!! Porky Pig (Doug....errr Kelle) should be considered the ultimate embarrassment to the Rhoads family and community. No question he has some involvement in this fiasco!! Dupping the fans out of donations to line his pockets, instead of using that money for PROPER security measures. Musonia should have been locked, secured and surveillanced akin to f'n FT. KNOX!!!
Think about it for a minute......next to Jimi Hendrix, Randy's gear has got to be the most sought-after out of any guitarist, alive or deceased. Holy Grail material, even though it's not his stage gear.
I've always questioned Kelle's integrity from day one.....and i definitely smell a swine in this latest debacle. Why the management of Musonia wasn't given to Kathy after Mrs. Rhoads' passing is beyond me...... :cry:
It was likely given to Kelle because...

1. He continued as a musician throughout his whole life and doesn’t know how to do anything else, literally.

2. As far as I remember Kathy gave up practicing music well before Randy passed away.

3. Kathy has a successful business with her husband and doesn’t have the time to manage both.

4. Delores was aware of all the above and giving it to Kelle makes sense in all ways.

Kelle just drove it into the ground, he doesn’t care. He has always had a deep resentment for Randy prior to him even passing. It got worse when Randy “made it” and Kelle never did as the years went on.

I think he is the middle man between the footage and Ozzy/Sharon. I get the feeling that he is probably asking for some unreasonable amount and the Osbourne’s see right through him. I bet they think his is a money sucking grub just like the rest of us do.

If they need to make money then display Randy’s equipment at the winery or somewhere else where it is ALWAYS on display. I would fly out their tonight if they made the announcement.
romeorose2019

Post by romeorose2019 »

" He has always had a deep resentment for Randy prior to him even passing. It got worse when Randy “made it” and Kelle never did as the years went on. "

I've suspected that ever since I first heard Kelle speak. It's written all over his face, jealously.

And I never thought that Kelle had footage before, never dawned on me, but yeah that TV set probably was Kelles, who else has a TV from 1940. That footage is probably at Kelles place right now with who knows what else footage.

Kelle is for sure a fat embarrassment to the Rhoads name. He doesn't even look like Randy.

And I have never seen him display any musical talent beyond armature skill level.

I agree he probably has demanded an insane sum of money from the Osbournes for the footage.... never even thought of that before, but it makes perfect sense.