Musonia was broken into and robbed...

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Shockwave
Mass Poster

Musonia was broken into and robbed...

Post by Shockwave »

Kathy just posted on Instagram a little awhile ago that it was broken into and history was stolen. No idea what was taken but it doesn’t sound good... :(
orion_damage
Mass Poster

Re: Musonia was broken into and robbed...

Post by orion_damage »

Oh damn, wonder what was taken. His gear was held elsewhere if I'm not mistaken.
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

Looks like it was Delores’s instruments and Randy’s Quiet Riot gear that was stolen.
orion_damage
Mass Poster

Post by orion_damage »

Sucks to hear. While I know it's a little different, I feel like this is an example of why fans shouldn't hoard footage or audio of Randy. Once it's gone, it's gone and the buck stops there.
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

joediesle wrote:Knowing that this stuff is irreplaceable I would hope they had some kind of alarm or camera system in use at Musonia.
Kelle may have put one in with all the upgrades he did a few years ago :D
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

Kathy just posted the items stolen.

Randy’s Gear
Harmony Guitar (his first electric)
Peavey Amp Head (Quiet Riot)
Marshall Amp Head (white one!)

Sounds like all of Delores’s instruments were taken along with those used in general by Musonia, to many to post from my phone. All the pictures were taken as well.
friday

Post by friday »

Ive never kept an eye on the Rhoads family so have no opinion other than that is Randys family and his stuff, he taught at that place and it is sad that some scum bag has stolen property from the closest people to him. simple
shawn
Cool Member

Post by shawn »

Shockwave wrote:Kathy just posted the items stolen.

Randy’s Gear
Harmony Guitar (his first electric)
Peavey Amp Head (Quiet Riot)
Marshall Amp Head (white one!)

Sounds like all of Delores’s instruments were taken along with those used in general by Musonia, to many to post from my phone. All the pictures were taken as well.
If all instruments were taken, maybe it wasn't low life's targeting Randy's gear. It would be heart breaking thinking that a Randy fan would steal his equipment. I'm sure having nuty fans hassling the family is bad enough but if it was a fan breaking into your property and stealing family history...
JAY
Cool Member

Post by JAY »

Terrible - but it made me log back in here ! Hello UR
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Those items have been stolen to order not by opportunist thieves. Some guy has paid for those items to be robbed. The burglars have known what to take and it looks like they have cleaned the place out. Sorry to see this happen to anyone and i hope the family get those items back.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

https://1067wllz.iheart.com/content/201 ... nksgiving/

Unfortunately, Kelle says local police have been difficult to communicate with; they are likely overworked and without the manpower to fully investigate many recent area burglaries.

Hard to say if it was just the next area burglary or a "fan" who wanted this stuff for themselves.

I assume they had surveillance cameras... It would be crazy not to in a place like that.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Paul Wolfe wrote:https://1067wllz.iheart.com/content/201 ... nksgiving/

Unfortunately, Kelle says local police have been difficult to communicate with; they are likely overworked and without the manpower to fully investigate many recent area burglaries.

Hard to say if it was just the next area burglary or a "fan" who wanted this stuff for themselves.

I assume they had surveillance cameras... It would be crazy not to in a place like that.
Paul.. Kelle said in the interview that the place has no surveillance cameras, but they'll get some now...He then went onto to say they had been previously burgled about 3 years ago to the day. That time they only took some guitar amplifiers from the guitar room. No mention if the items are covered for insurence which seemed strange. As items like those would be worth a fortune and in the best of interests to have them insured. But if they are not gonna bother with cameras, why bother with insurence. They also mentioned how much they took and no mention of the museum that fans pledged too a few years ago. Like this was an excuse for that not to happen now. Yeah like they have non of Randy's equipment left to display...we know the score on that one..
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

Thats an iside job if i ever seen one. in my opinion. Looks like tubby needs more dominican cigars.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Tito wrote:Thats an iside job if i ever seen one. in my opinion. Looks like tubby needs more dominican cigars.
Well im no Inspector Clouseau but Kelle seems to know too much information and comes over very nervous during that interview.
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

Kelle being a mastermind behind all this was one of the first thoughts I had. It would be the ultimate betrayal and just sounds so farfetched so I didn't even mention it. Ill have to give that interview a listen sometime this weekend.