almpost 30 min new van halen 1978 video footage

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

romeorose2019

almpost 30 min new van halen 1978 video footage

Post by romeorose2019 »

https://youtu.be/BR4S1FqHZzQ

you know if they just now released this today, there has to be more Randy footage!
romeorose2019

Re: almpost 30 min new van halen 1978 video footage

Post by romeorose2019 »

orion_damage
Mass Poster

Post by orion_damage »

The quality on that footage is unreal
romeorose2019

Post by romeorose2019 »

Yeah it's amazing. Randy Rhoads will always be my favorite guitarist.... BUT.... after seeing and hearing this footage and and also taking into consideration this was 2 years before Randy perfected his guitar craft with Ozzy.... I can now totally understand why EVH gets all the glory and RR is just a shadow in the public eye compared to EVH to all but us diehard fans.

EVH really blazed that trail first, he was doing similar things as RR but a couple years before RR.

Couple that with the fact that EVH was a master at writing catchy songs with great catchy riffs/hooks... and I totally see why EVH is a household name and RR is not.

Disclaimer: I totally think RR caught up to EVH skillset and actually surpassed him.... but the thing is, EVH was there first, EVH made that huge impact first... and the 1978 EVH was in reality a much better guitarist than the 1978 RR.

I like EVH and RR both.... but I think anyone that disagrees with EVH being a much better skilled guitarist than RR in 1978 is delusional. That's not to say RR surpassed him eventually... but in 1978 RR was still trying to discover and develop his own style, yes there were hints of it in the Laughing Gas solo with Quiet Riot, but RR was light years away from solidifying his style at that time. In 1978 he was still learning, still a student so to speak. Probably about 6 months before auditioning for Ozzy he made a huge leap and became the Master that we know him as today.

Watching this footage though really gives me this perspective.

EVH was kicking ass and taking no prisonjers in that 1978 video there, his stage presence was off the charts Guitar God...

I mean I've always given Jimmy Page a lot of credit, huge Led Zep fan... but as I watched that 78 footage I couldn't help but think wow... 78' EVH is blowing bloated/heroin junkie 78 Page out of the water too!

In 1978.... I have to say both Joe Perry and EVH were both much better and much more seasoned guitarists in their prime in comparison to that of Randy Rhaods.

Randy is still my fave out of them all...

But that is the truth of how I see it now all things considered reflecting back at it all having freshly watched this 78 EVH footage and also recently binge watching a ton of Aerosmith 77-78 footage as well.
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Great footage! Thnx! 8)
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
romeorose2019

Post by romeorose2019 »

another part of it

https://youtu.be/J0dmn3F8nus

he's got a couple full shows on his channel.
romeorose2019

Post by romeorose2019 »

amazing 1979 acdc footage full concert

https://youtu.be/gFy-i0F0i1U

I wonder if randy rhoads played in any of the venues they recorded at? If so, I bet they release it. They are releasing new footage like this every week or so. They have some amaing new 77 video footage of lynrd skynrd on their channel too