Bogus signed Diary LP

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Bogus signed Diary LP

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Another signed ?? Diary LP to stay well away from... this is Bogus and look at the price on it.I just hope nobody gets suckered into buying this

http://cgi.ebay.com/OZZY-OSBOURNE-RANDY ... dZViewItem
Fozzy41
Madman

Post by Fozzy41 »

Thanks for the above info Shaun. I'm always very wary of any signed memorabillia which apears on e-bay, I 've heard of so many fakes. Unfortunately you never know if its a 100% genuine autograph unless you actually obtained it yourself so if I bought something like this I would always have that nagging doubt in the back of my mind as to wether it was real or not. Unfortunately I never managed to get Randy's autograph which still bugs me to this day but I did manage to get Ozzy's autograph in the late 80's and I wouldn't sell it for any amount of money. I realise there are quite a few genuine Randy autographs out there but it's just extremely difficult telling the fakes from the real ones.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Yeah Fozzy its a case of should i take the chance that it is genuine.I've just bought a 1980 UK Blizzard tour programme.This had a signed ticket with it .It was signed by Randy and Ozzy.I know straight away just by looking at them that they are both fake.I bought the two for £20 i know the programme is worth about £25 - £30 and ive seen ticket stubs sell for up to £30.So i would say i got a bargain.It's just a pity that someone has put two crappy signatures on the ticket.You've either got a good eye for this or not,but if youve seen a genuine signature its a good scope to use this as a method of checking the good from bad.You've just got to look at some of the jokes that i've posted up from ebay.But the sad thing is people are buying these thinking that they've got the genuine article.
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Fozzy41 wrote:Unfortunately you never know if its a 100% genuine autograph unless you actually obtained it yourself so if I bought something like this I would always have that nagging doubt in the back of my mind as to wether it was real or not.
That's why I will never be willing to pay more only because it's signed.
I never cared about autographs anyway.
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
metal_head6704

Post by metal_head6704 »

It totally disgusts me when some "Donkey" tries to rip people off with fake autographs and stuff. People like this are the lowest form of life there is, its direspectful to the artist and to the fan, and especially if the artist has passed.