The Man on The Flying Trapeze

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Matlike1

Re: The Man on The Flying Trapeze

Post by Matlike1 »

Has anyone ever noticed that it has some of Ogre Battle by Queen influence in it? Kelly used to talk about him and Randy listening to Queen when they were growing up.
ncm

Post by ncm »

Matlike1 wrote:Has anyone ever noticed that it has some of Ogre Battle by Queen influence in it? Kelly used to talk about him and Randy listening to Queen when they were growing up.
Im glad you posted that. I had noticed the similarities too. I remember years ago hearing a spot light solo from the quiet riot era, and then hearing brighton rock by queen. That had similarities too..
LongRhoadsAhead
Cool Member

Post by LongRhoadsAhead »

ncm wrote:
Matlike1 wrote:Has anyone ever noticed that it has some of Ogre Battle by Queen influence in it? Kelly used to talk about him and Randy listening to Queen when they were growing up.
Im glad you posted that. I had noticed the similarities too. I remember years ago hearing a spot light solo from the quiet riot era, and then hearing brighton rock by queen. That had similarities too..
Yes I've thought the same thing. Kelle used to say he and randy also loved the first Boston album. I cannot hear any influence there really, maybe just some vibratos during leads but I always associated that with Schenker's influence on Randy.
I went ahead and rode the white horse