It is currently Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:09 pm


Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 25 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Rachel Youngblood 1981 photo Unpublished
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:28 am 
Mass Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:42 pm
Posts: 4627
A great photo of the late Rachel Youngblood next to the tour bus on the 1981 USA tour. Thanks to Dave Tangye for this pic Cheers.


Attachments:
Ozzy tour bus 1981 2.jpg
Ozzy tour bus 1981 2.jpg [ 151 KiB | Viewed 5876 times ]
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Rachel Youngblood 1981 photo Unpublished
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:28 am 
Mass Poster

Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:19 am
Posts: 5248
Nice... it's good to add the human element to this tragic story


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Rachel Youngblood 1981 photo Unpublished
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:36 am 
Mass Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:42 pm
Posts: 4627
Yeah its strange that $haron O took a photo with Randy and Rachel in the same situation, at the back of that very same bus. Was this an omen of things to come, strange as it all has a connection with the people who died and the bus being clipped. I see David Tangye is posting up more unseen photos on his FB account. One of Ozzy at Ridge farm during the recording of Diary and a few of Motorhead from '81 when supporting Ozzy in the USA.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Rachel Youngblood 1981 photo Unpublished
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:21 pm 
Mass Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:11 pm
Posts: 618
Location: Australia
Always great seeing new stuff


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Rachel Youngblood 1981 photo Unpublished
PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:03 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2006 3:10 pm
Posts: 1923
Location: England
She's the forgotten victim really. Randy was immortalised to some degree and Aycock has somewhat become a figure of hate, Rachel was essentially forgotten about.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Rachel Youngblood 1981 photo Unpublished
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:27 am 
Junior Member

Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:08 am
Posts: 42
Who did she work for before Ozzy? Anyone?

What's the general consensus of this board.... do yall believe she died of a heart attack and fell on the controls and that's what actually caused the crash?

Does anyone here have more information about the video footage of Randy on the TV screen that's on youtube?

I emailed Kathys husband a couple months ago and he said no one has sent Kathy any tape so far...

But I heard the original owner gave the tape to someone that was supposed to get it to Kathy.

I also read that people suspect Randys brother was the one to videotape that footage on the tv with the phone.

I'm shocked there isn't more discussion on this footage... this is basically the holy grail of footage... it exists, clips are on youtube…. there are people that have the entire tape.... it is out there.
I think people need to do more digging to find out who all have copys of this, there has to be more than one person that has it, I suspect that at least 3 people have access to the footage... we need to find out who, and start negotiating for it.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Rachel Youngblood 1981 photo Unpublished
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:38 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2006 3:10 pm
Posts: 1923
Location: England
romeorose2019 wrote:
Who did she work for before Ozzy? Anyone?

What's the general consensus of this board.... do yall believe she died of a heart attack and fell on the controls and that's what actually caused the crash?

Does anyone here have more information about the video footage of Randy on the TV screen that's on youtube?

I emailed Kathys husband a couple months ago and he said no one has sent Kathy any tape so far...

But I heard the original owner gave the tape to someone that was supposed to get it to Kathy.

I also read that people suspect Randys brother was the one to videotape that footage on the tv with the phone.

I'm shocked there isn't more discussion on this footage... this is basically the holy grail of footage... it exists, clips are on youtube…. there are people that have the entire tape.... it is out there.
I think people need to do more digging to find out who all have copys of this, there has to be more than one person that has it, I suspect that at least 3 people have access to the footage... we need to find out who, and start negotiating for it.

I doubt anyone but her family knows. Like I said, she is the forgotten victim. Randy's name lives on and Aycock is somewhat the villain but Youngblood will always be just that person who happened to be on the same plane.

I don't think there's a general consensus. People like to create stories and theories in their heads..... whether it be that Aycock was trying to kill his wife and Randy was fighting for control or Youngblood had a heart attack and collapsed onto the control panel..... I really don't see why the theory that Aycock, who had been driving for about 20 odd hours or something ludicrous while also beaked off his skull, simply misjudged the final dip and hit the bus is always kind of considered unacceptable. Maybe it's not 'sexy' enough for rock'n'roll? It's a very straightforward possibility..... but come on, it's not that hard to fathom really. People crash cars and die all the time when they're off their faces. There doesn't have to be some highly convoluted conspiracy.... and even if there was any kind of validity to the outside theories, we will never get answers. Don Airey will never release those photos which may provide clues, so that's where the discussion ends for me.

Not sure which footage you speak of?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Rachel Youngblood 1981 photo Unpublished
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:31 pm 
Senior Member

Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:22 pm
Posts: 52
This is the footage Romeo is speaking about Skezza

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLpIZ33G084


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Rachel Youngblood 1981 photo Unpublished
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:00 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2006 3:10 pm
Posts: 1923
Location: England
Thanks, I see that UR is actually mentioned in the comments section. I was unaware that this forum still harbours relevance in the Rhoads world now that Facebook is dominating all discussions on musicians (albeit with misinformation, vacuous conversations and the like).

I would hazard a guess that this footage will not see the light of day any time soon. Myself, Ian and many others on this forum (and even those who knocked about on TK) will remember the 20th, 25th, 30th Anniversary's where hopes were repeatedly and consistently dashed. It's one of the reasons I became so disillusioned with it all. Mad Pete's Docu-Drama, the pedal saga etc.... The Rhoads fanbase took a significant beating over the years and has the battle scars to prove it.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Rachel Youngblood 1981 photo Unpublished
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:30 pm 
Junior Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:51 pm
Posts: 7
Location: Toronto Canada
Although a bit morbid (and no disrespect to Rachel and her family) there has been much speculation as to the theory of Rachel suffering a cardiac arrest during the flight....and that's all it is, is PURE speculation. Randy & Aycock's autopsy and toxicology reports have been public domain for years now...i believe a certain Ozzy website was the 1st to post the reports quite a while back. But there isn't one on Miss Youngblood, simply for the fact that there was never an autopsy performed on her!! Years ago while playing "detective", i contacted the Lake County Coroner's Office in Fla. After a few days of researching, they got back to me with the result that due to family stipulations and wishes, there was never an autopsy performed on Rachel.....her death certificate was signed by the coroner, and her remains were flown back to California for a service and burial. I recall getting in an argument with a guy who claimed she did have a heart-attack, and he had a copy of her autopsy report....but mysteriously couldn't cough it up when i requested to see it. Don Airey claims to have seen "some sort of struggle" going on in the Bonanza's cockpit, but like other's have mentioned before....maybe if the aircraft was paused in suspended automation (lol), but not when buzzing down erratically at an estimated speed of 140-180 mph!! Those windows on the v-tailed Bonanza's are pretty small. Honestly, it's my opinion that if Don was so strong about his feelings of what he witnessed that fateful morning going on inside the cockpit, a FULL investigation would have been carried out, including a complete autopsy on Rachel, irregardless of her family's wishes......thus, putting out a final statement to the cause of the crash and ending all the MYTHS over the past 35+ years.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Rachel Youngblood 1981 photo Unpublished
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:43 pm 
Mass Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:42 pm
Posts: 4627
I honestly think anyone would of had a heartattack on that plane regardless if they had a dodgy ticker or not. Andy was still wired from the driving and he still had the energy to pilot that joyride. Andy's toxicology reports showed that he didn't have cocaine in his system. But Tommy was quick to the woods with the large bag of columbia's finest tonic. I understand the reasons behind doing this, and in the crazyiness of what these guys have just witnessed. I'm sure if it was me it would of been the last thing on my mind. Don Airey and Tommy tried desparately to find a phone. They tried to put out the fire with a small fire extinguisher but it was no use.. Then the police and fire crew arrived, i don't know why $haron phoned Don Arden what could he do to help the situation but he may of said if you have anything that the police could find incriminating to the reputation of the band to get rid and quickly. One guy who doesn't have anything to mention on this issue is tour manager Jake Duncan. Did he give a statement ? all i seem to remember reading was that Sharon ended up hitting him with her shoe because he coordinated the first flight succesfully. Giving permission for the band members to do this was innocent, Nobody could of predicited the out come of what was an hour of the bands down time while travelling to the next gig. His job is to make sure they get there and can play that gig. Too much speculation sort of smoke screens that day but it wasn't a conspiracy and regardless of what did happening 3 people ended up dead.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Rachel Youngblood 1981 photo Unpublished
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:09 pm 
Mass Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:43 pm
Posts: 950
Figuring out who made those video recordings of the footage on the tv is very possible. Its been about 3 months but I spent a good 10-15hrs looking.

Ill need to revisit but here are some clues I remember looking into.

1. "A figment of your imagination" This is not a normally said quote, finding a randy fan who has said this anywhere on social media or other forums could be a lead.

2. The lighting is an extremely warm color from my recollection (around 3000k) Although it can obviously be found anywhere. This is predominately in the central parts of the USA (PA to CO for example).

3. The room itself is the biggest tell. I spent hours going through peoples facebooks and instagrams trying to find that room. There was one or two people that were Randy fans that were very close to that, the only thing I did not find was the tv.

4. The handwriting in the note on the dvd cover. I really was trying to pin this on Kelle Rhoads but I could not find any of his hand writing samples anywhere. He is the type of guy I would imagine would use the figment of your imagination quote as well. He was rumored to have been given these 3 shows back in 2016. I remember seeing pictures on facebook of someone and his brother visiting the Rhoads family back in 2016. The setting was seemingly a private dinner of some sorts at the house. These guys were visiting from the Detroit area as well. It did not turn into anything though " I think" as I would have definitely posted on it. Could be though.

A few other things but I have to take off, ill try to get back on later today or tomorrow.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Rachel Youngblood 1981 photo Unpublished
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:27 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2006 3:10 pm
Posts: 1923
Location: England
GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:
I honestly think anyone would of had a heartattack on that plane regardless if they had a dodgy ticker or not. Andy was still wired from the driving and he still had the energy to pilot that joyride. Andy's toxicology reports showed that he didn't have cocaine in his system. But Tommy was quick to the woods with the large bag of columbia's finest tonic. I understand the reasons behind doing this, and in the crazyiness of what these guys have just witnessed. I'm sure if it was me it would of been the last thing on my mind. Don Airey and Tommy tried desparately to find a phone. They tried to put out the fire with a small fire extinguisher but it was no use.. Then the police and fire crew arrived, i don't know why $haron phoned Don Arden what could he do to help the situation but he may of said if you have anything that the police could find incriminating to the reputation of the band to get rid and quickly. One guy who doesn't have anything to mention on this issue is tour manager Jake Duncan. Did he give a statement ? all i seem to remember reading was that Sharon ended up hitting him with her shoe because he coordinated the first flight succesfully. Giving permission for the band members to do this was innocent, Nobody could of predicited the out come of what was an hour of the bands down time while travelling to the next gig. His job is to make sure they get there and can play that gig. Too much speculation sort of smoke screens that day but it wasn't a conspiracy and regardless of what did happening 3 people ended up dead.

I thought Andy's toxicology stated that he did have cocaine in his system?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Rachel Youngblood 1981 photo Unpublished
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:52 pm 
Mass Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:11 pm
Posts: 618
Location: Australia
Shockwave wrote:
Figuring out who made those video recordings of the footage on the tv is very possible. Its been about 3 months but I spent a good 10-15hrs looking.

Ill need to revisit but here are some clues I remember looking into.

1. "A figment of your imagination" This is not a normally said quote, finding a randy fan who has said this anywhere on social media or other forums could be a lead.

2. The lighting is an extremely warm color from my recollection (around 3000k) Although it can obviously be found anywhere. This is predominately in the central parts of the USA (PA to CO for example).

3. The room itself is the biggest tell. I spent hours going through peoples facebooks and instagrams trying to find that room. There was one or two people that were Randy fans that were very close to that, the only thing I did not find was the tv.

4. The handwriting in the note on the dvd cover. I really was trying to pin this on Kelle Rhoads but I could not find any of his hand writing samples anywhere. He is the type of guy I would imagine would use the figment of your imagination quote as well. He was rumored to have been given these 3 shows back in 2016. I remember seeing pictures on facebook of someone and his brother visiting the Rhoads family back in 2016. The setting was seemingly a private dinner of some sorts at the house. These guys were visiting from the Detroit area as well. It did not turn into anything though " I think" as I would have definitely posted on it. Could be though.

A few other things but I have to take off, ill try to get back on later today or tomorrow.


I applaud the effort man, to get that footage would be incredible.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Rachel Youngblood 1981 photo Unpublished
PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:49 am 
Mass Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:42 pm
Posts: 4627
skezza wrote:
I thought Andy's toxicology stated that he did have cocaine in his system?

Yeah traces in his urine but that doesn't say he was out of control on cocaine. It can be traced in your system for a long time without even having any. But being a regular dependent user of the drug doesn't indicate that he was driving and intoxicated. Just like testing a strand of hair which can find every drug youve ever taking over a very long period. The same goes for nicotine which they found in Randy but that just shows how sensitive these tests are. The percentage ratings are very low in mass and in a body that has been badly burnt ?. I'm no pathologist but they have to document every small detail and the autopsy's are very precise. If you've read the toxicology reports you can see that info. I'm sure if Andrew was whacked out of his mind on cocaine do you think Jake and Don would of hitched a ride with him on that planes first flight.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 25 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
twilightBB Style by Daniel St. Jules of Gamexe.net