NEW FOOTAGE COBO

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Re: NEW FOOTAGE COBO

Post by Paul Wolfe »

sytharnia wrote:The owner of the footage owes us nothing imo
Couldn't agree more. Too many RR fans seem to feel entitled to everything.
orion_damage
Mass Poster

Post by orion_damage »

Paul Wolfe wrote:
sytharnia wrote:The owner of the footage owes us nothing imo
Couldn't agree more. Too many RR fans seem to feel entitled to everything.
Correct, the owner does not owe RR fans the footage. But, keep in mind the James individual spent about a year teasing various RR fans stating that he would be releasing the footage and sent these clips to those fans. I wouldn't put the dude on blast but I do get the frustration.
sytharnia
Mass Poster

Post by sytharnia »

orion_damage wrote:
Correct, the owner does not owe RR fans the footage. But, keep in mind the James individual spent about a year teasing various RR fans stating that he would be releasing the footage and sent these clips to those fans. I wouldn't put the dude on blast but I do get the frustration.
Had no idea that had happened. If that is the case then yeah fuck him haha .... if the rumours are true that it is Kelle then fuck him to :P
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

orion_damage wrote: ...keep in mind the James individual spent about a year teasing various RR fans stating that he would be releasing the footage and sent these clips to those fans...
Been out of the loop, I got tired of seeing the same ol' same ol' on all of the Facebook tribute 'societies' and the elitist mentalities there. Reminded me of RR.TK...

Anyway, if the guy's been teasing stuff then, yeah, fuck him. I seriously doubt we'll ever see anything officially released because the profit isn't there. I also doubt there will ever be a full show on YouTube, because too many RR fans have the clique mentality and LOVE to have something others don't have. Makes 'em feel special I guess.
dasboot

Post by dasboot »

Footage of Fling High Again including the guitar solo was just posted on The Randy Rhoads Collectors Group on FB . Unable to link but watched it myself.
"He could interpret blazing renditions of his compositions as easily as taking a breath"-Rudy Sarzo
magicvoice

Post by magicvoice »

I agree that the owner doesn't owe us anything...HOWEVER if you do own the footage and never share 1 second of it online fine...cool...lucky you...but in this case if you are posting clips to rile up the masses like you have the cure for the village but you go "Nah. I'm outta here" THAT makes you a dick.
xk319

Post by xk319 »

dasboot wrote:Footage of Fling High Again including the guitar solo was just posted on The Randy Rhoads Collectors Group on FB . Unable to link but watched it myself.
Not on facebook. Hope a kind soul captures it and uploads to youtube for the rest of us.
sytharnia
Mass Poster

Post by sytharnia »

xk319 wrote:
dasboot wrote:Footage of Fling High Again including the guitar solo was just posted on The Randy Rhoads Collectors Group on FB . Unable to link but watched it myself.
Not on facebook. Hope a kind soul captures it and uploads to youtube for the rest of us.
it will probably be the one that Shawn posted

adam_777

Post by adam_777 »

sytharnia wrote:
xk319 wrote:

Still confused about what this footage is. I keep seeing people call it proshot footage. and I dont believe it is.

1. It is clearly from multiple venues in Detroit between 81-82 and only Cobo Hall had professional cameras in this time period.

2. It is clearly from a single camera, there is no alternating views (its possible that one pro camera could have been used, but other footage from Cobo in this time frame shows multiple cameras were used for broadcast, and most of the time individual feeds of cameras werent recorded, just the signal that went to the big screen and boxes.)

3. You can clearly see the yellowish flickering screen on some of the clips that is a telltale sign of a 8mm film cameras roll running out of film.

To me what these are are fan shot videos, using an 8mm camera very similar to Palladium. This same fan probably filmed all three of the shows. It looks like they did a great job filming this and it may prove to be some of the best Randy footage out there, but bear in mind, it also means that we almost certainly won't get entire concerts and could conceivably only get a few minutes for each show, as each reel, like Palladium only had a three minute capacity. So depending on how many reels were brought in, would determine how much could exist, I doubt the filmer brought the 30 reels needed to cover one of these shows.
shawn
Cool Member

Post by shawn »

xk319 wrote:Not on facebook. Hope a kind soul captures it and uploads to youtube for the rest of us.
This is a better quality than you will get off facebook because they are ripping this and posting it probably.

This looks like all the footage that we have so far. I posted this earlier in the thread so there does not seem to be anything new of late.
Last edited by shawn on Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
shawn
Cool Member

Post by shawn »

sytharnia wrote:
Yeah, it is the same just poorer quality because they ripped a bad quality copy probably.
adam_777 wrote:

Still confused about what this footage is. I keep seeing people call it proshot footage. and I dont believe it is.
I do not think it is pro shot either but it does look like super good quality. It is just what we have is shot on a flip phone with a point three meg camera aimed at a TV in the dark.
adam_777 wrote:
1. It is clearly from multiple venues in Detroit between 81-82 and only Cobo Hall had professional cameras in this time period.
There are three different shows.

Masonic Temple, Detroit 5/19/81 Blizzard Tour
Pine Cobb, Detroit 8/31/81 Blizzard Tour
Cobo Hall, Detriot 2/8/82 Diary Tour
shawn
Cool Member

Post by shawn »

I too do not think that I am owed anything that someone else has. I must admit, I would love to see good quality Randy footage.

I can understand why people will get upset that there is definitely footage out there and we are unable to see it for what ever reasons. You can not let things like this eat you up, sure get momentarily pissed off, understandable. It is obvious for some peculiar reason individuals get off on revving others up to see them blow a gasket or suffer in misery for their own pleasure, such as in this case. Your life is way to fucking short to torture yourself for someone else's pleasure.

Man I have to admit though, I would shed a tare or two if I got to see some good quality Randy Rhoads footage.
sytharnia
Mass Poster

Post by sytharnia »

adam_777 wrote: Still confused about what this footage is. I keep seeing people call it proshot footage. and I dont believe it is.
no certainly not pro shot. I haven't seen anyone say it is pro shot, but then I haven't read to many comments about it
Madman56
Cool Member

Post by Madman56 »

According to the owner of the footage, it is going to Kathy and will be up to the family what happens to it. This was as of a few weeks ago, so not sure if she is already in possession of it or not.
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Madman56 wrote:According to the owner of the footage, it is going to Kathy and will be up to the family what happens to it. This was as of a few weeks ago, so not sure if she is already in possession of it or not.
So it will disappear in a black hole..... :P

(I don't expect any effort from the Rhoads, I don't think they care at all)
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.