NEW FOOTAGE COBO

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

magicvoice

Re: NEW FOOTAGE COBO

Post by magicvoice »

The clip was the band jam. Just under 2 minutes. Camera is all on Randy...it's from the audience...floor seats...close. it went til Tommy's drum solo as Randy exits the stage.
dmnjr
Cool Member

Post by dmnjr »

so you actually saw it?.
magicvoice

Post by magicvoice »

Yes, it was up for like 2 days. Sent it to my friend on messenger. On my messenger history to my friend the video I can still click but it only plays for 3 seconds then freezes and says "something went wrong"
magicvoice

Post by magicvoice »

Screenshot_2019-01-27-19-16-55.png
Able to screen shot from my phone.
Attachments
Screenshot_2019-01-27-19-15-24.png
dmnjr
Cool Member

Post by dmnjr »

I’d pay top dollar for those 3 seconds. Lol.
I think I can make out Randy and the steps. So bummed this was the time I was slammed at work and didn’t have time to log onto my usual FB pages. I appreciate the effort in trying to spread the love.

I’m 43 years old and still have dreams of my younger self, combing the music stores and finding a live pro shot Diary concert....maybe one day.
magicvoice

Post by magicvoice »

Personally to me "the grail" is the complete raw footage from the Entertainment tonight show. Over the mountain, Crowley, Crazy train...proshot...Margolis was able to get ahold of it...on my own investigating I determined the air date of that episode in January of 82...just need someone on the inside...

RR society contacted me again and said the video owner never intended to release it...just wanted to fuck with us.....dick.
nuclear1

Post by nuclear1 »

i too saw it.....didnt know the whole back story. It was video of a video being played on a TV....I thought, FINALLY! Its out! much to my chagrin!
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

The Randy Rhoads Society wrote: I think enough time has passed & it is time for me to answer back to you all about the Cobo Hall Footage. First I would like to say that this page can cause me a lot of frustration and anxiety at certain times. This is one of those times. I try to do a service here for the Randy Rhoads community and the music community at large. At times I am dealing with total strangers and have to take what they say at face value. Trust someone until they give me a reason not to. So in a few words, I did state I was working on getting this footage to you all. Unfortunately it fell through. In respect to all parties involved, I can’t get into details. At least we know now people have footage of Randy Rhoads era Ozzy Osbourne. Just remains to be seen if we ever get to see it. I really wanted this to happen. I’m sure we all did. Some things are beyond my control. All I can do now is say I’m sorry. It didn’t happen.
Paul
What's new! Going like this for decades, it's pathetic..... (not to blame RR Society btw)
There always seem to be some kind of 'secret dark force' prohibiting the fans to see some really cool new Randy footage.
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
magicvoice

Post by magicvoice »

It exists...it's out there...no way there's only 1 copy...we may be closer than we think.
TAB
Madman

Post by TAB »

poofters
Last edited by TAB on Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheMrAxeman
Mass Poster

Post by TheMrAxeman »

Did no one download it?
Wanna trade boots? email randyrhoadsboots@gmail.com
SanDimasCharvel
Cool Member

Post by SanDimasCharvel »

magicvoice wrote:The clip was the band jam. Just under 2 minutes. Camera is all on Randy...it's from the audience...floor seats...close. it went til Tommy's drum solo as Randy exits the stage.
Ah man, that band jam is the best. I wish it was on an official release. The one from 1-15-82 is my personal fave. One of my favorite pieces of music. I learned it on piano. Took a long time to learn note for note. When the Brad Gillis concert first showed in MTV, I thought that was part of Brad Gillis’ solo. I wouldn’t be surprised if many other people still think the same because that’s the only official release. Anyway, I sure hope this footage comes out.
orion_damage
Mass Poster

Post by orion_damage »

Here are the clips I was able to obtain. Tired of RR fans being kept in the dark so here's my knod to you guys.

https://youtu.be/E4k6oWf9ggs
magicvoice

Post by magicvoice »

That's hero status you've now attained Orion...well done
orion_damage
Mass Poster

Post by orion_damage »

magicvoice wrote:That's hero status you've now attained Orion...well done
Thanks man! \m/