Cool Member

Re: NEW FOOTAGE COBO

Post by dmnjr »

Thank you Orion!!!!
SanDimasCharvel
Cool Member

Post by SanDimasCharvel »

orion_damage wrote:Here are the clips I was able to obtain. Tired of RR fans being kept in the dark so here's my knod to you guys.

https://youtu.be/E4k6oWf9ggs
Wow, amazing! Thanks so much for posting! What a gift to be able to see that.
TWAPILOT

Post by TWAPILOT »

Wow, what an absolute treasure!!
On an adventure of faith...
orion_damage
Mass Poster

Post by orion_damage »

Sure thing guys!
adam_777

Post by adam_777 »

Wow! huge thanks and glad someone captured it. Its crazy when you realize how short Randys career was and yet when you think of all the little bits of footage known to exist and rumoured to exist there is actually a fair amount, we just dont get to see much of it. So awesome to know there is more 1982 castle stage footage with Randy in this Cobo show.

A question though. The footage makes it difficult to tell, but it seems to be shot with just one camera. Is this just someone in the crowd filming with a 8mm camera similar to the Palladium footage? If so it most likely will be just a few minutes at a time, although judging by the view from this angle would be pretty solid footage of whatever is filmed, which would certainly not be a full concert. However, what about the Proshot footage from Cabo? Other bands at the time have some seriously amazing quality proshot footage. Is the Cobo footage rumour that has been around for awhile centered around this film previewed here, or is there still serious rumours about a complete concert proshot?
Madman56
Cool Member

Post by Madman56 »

Wow, this is great news that will hopefully lead to something really special. Obviously it's impossible to be certain from the quality of the snippets we have seen, but this seems like a house camera angle to me. Sound quality seems like it could be good too. I still check in here from time to time, but it's been a long time since I've logged in. As soon as I heard and saw this footage, I had to come back and see the reaction here and say hello. Hope everybody is well and hopefully we have something really cool to drool over soon, cheers!!
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

Anyone seeing the post on Facebook today (rr forever) where someone said they were present when Kelle Rhoads was given three different video tapes of shows?
estang74

Post by estang74 »

I just saw that. I also saw on the page that put up the video that the guy who was in talks with the person, dropped the person’s name last night and then apologized and then deleted both the posts. So much drama in the LBC(snoop reference).

Wonder if the videos were actually from cobo show, and it’s all about money right now which is such a drag, especially for the people who have been waiting decades for footage like this. I miss the old days of tape trading and buying stuff in the back of circus magazine lol.
www.reverbnation.com/estang74
dmnjr
Cool Member

Post by dmnjr »

I hope whoever has the master tapes has properly cared for them all these years.
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

dmnjr wrote:I hope whoever has the master tapes has properly cared for them all these years.
He apparently transferred them fun digital awhile ago from what I read. .
stress2stress2
Cool Member

Post by stress2stress2 »

A nice first-hand account of the show:

http://shawnlutz.com/Diarytour.htm
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

stress2stress2 wrote:A nice first-hand account of the show:

http://shawnlutz.com/Diarytour.htm
Thnx for that, great read to get a bit of a sense how it was like being there! 8)
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
orion_damage
Mass Poster

Post by orion_damage »

estang74 wrote:I just saw that. I also saw on the page that put up the video that the guy who was in talks with the person, dropped the person’s name last night and then apologized and then deleted both the posts. So much drama in the LBC(snoop reference).

Wonder if the videos were actually from cobo show, and it’s all about money right now which is such a drag, especially for the people who have been waiting decades for footage like this. I miss the old days of tape trading and buying stuff in the back of circus magazine lol.
It's for sure from Detroit 82. If you compare the audio in the Revelation solo it's spot on with what Ozzy says.
sytharnia
Mass Poster

Post by sytharnia »

here's the facebook link for Flying high (hopefully its still up) https://www.facebook.com/james.phillips ... 368038342/

Randy is using the Black Jackson