NEW FOOTAGE COBO

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Shockwave
Mass Poster

Re: NEW FOOTAGE COBO

Post by Shockwave »

Madman56 wrote:According to the owner of the footage, it is going to Kathy and will be up to the family what happens to it. This was as of a few weeks ago, so not sure if she is already in possession of it or not.

Kelle will play it on the new 85” tv from restoration donations to musonia. :lol:
Madman56
Cool Member

Post by Madman56 »

He said he was giving it specifically to Kathy, who from what I've seen over the years, truly cares about Randy's legacy. How she feels about us, his diehard fans, I don't know. I think it is hard to understand, if you're not one of us, how much this type of stuff really means to fans like us. I have been a fan and collector of his stuff since he was alive. I had to track down his recordings wayyyyyyy before it was easy to find them through sites like this one. Newer fans really have no clue what that was like, to search flea markets, fairs, sidewalk bazaars or trade with fellow fans etc for anything Randy related. I spent lots of time and money acquiring things that are readily available to Randy fans today. But I had a lot of fun, and great memories of coming across new stuff. I don't believe the Rhoads/Osbourne camps could ever understand how long and fervently some of us have tried to track down this stuff. Think Bob Daisley knows or cares how torturous it is for fans like us to know stuff like "The Grail" exists, but not for us? I doubt it. They all had access to him we did not obviously. I think it's pretty clear that Kelle, at least, is sick of us and burnt out from being asked about all things Randy. Will we ever see this footage in it's entirety? Who knows. Over the years I've conditioned myself for disappointment, because it has turned out badly so many times, but I never give up hope. Even the little snippets we got rekindled my desire to keep searching for the "lost" stuff. Cheers ladies and gents, sorry for the long post hahahaha.
Astral Plane

Post by Astral Plane »

If this ends up in the hands of Kathy, that's great news! Would make perfect sense as to why the owner isn't just posting it up on youtube. Much better chance of a proper release, hopefully a nice DVD with The Capital Theatre film that is most likely out there.
I'm sure it takes a lot of different factors for release. The O's, the filmers, publishing companies, Sony, etc..
Keep positive! And for a release of Southhampton, and The Grail tapes, now that things might be possibly getting better between The O's, and Bob, and Lee.
It seems like the time is right for an amazing potential "40 Years After The Blizzard" release
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

We are not going to see this any time shortly so stop building up your hopes. It's another one for the secret RR archive, this will be like the promised RR museum at Musonia. I cannot believe no one has mentioned this issue. After Kelle asked for fans to pledge money to aid the maintenance for Musonia's much needed renovation. We have seen his recent 'tour of Musonia' video and the place looks no different. I read that some fans pledged and recieved nothing for their donation. What does this tell you ? that money was not used for what it was pledged for. No up-dates on the developement of how the money was spent on the heating and ventilation system on the much needed decorating and general up keep of the building. All we've seen is a room stacked full of junk with the intentions of that room being used for this mentioned museum. Kelle even said that he only has a handful of students who visit Musonia for music lessons. So that tells you the place is in decline and it must cost more to put the lights on. If your relying on what's left of the Rhoads family to do anything for his legacy it would of been this one thing and that isn't going to happen. Unless they are putting another pledge package together for another shot at filling Kelle's wallet. Dream On suckers!!
sytharnia
Mass Poster

Post by sytharnia »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:We are not going to see this any time shortly so stop building up your hopes. It's another one for the secret RR archive, this will be like the promised RR museum at Musonia. I cannot believe no one has mentioned this issue. After Kelle asked for fans to pledge money to aid the maintenance for Musonia's much needed renovation. We have seen his recent 'tour of Musonia' video and the place looks no different. I read that some fans pledged and recieved nothing for their donation. What does this tell you ? that money was not used for what it was pledged for. No up-dates on the developement of how the money was spent on the heating and ventilation system on the much needed decorating and general up keep of the building. All we've seen is a room stacked full of junk with the intentions of that room being used for this mentioned museum. Kelle even said that he only has a handful of students who visit Musonia for music lessons. So that tells you the place is in decline and it must cost more to put the lights on. If your relying on what's left of the Rhoads family to do anything for his legacy it would of been this one thing and that isn't going to happen. Unless they are putting another pledge package together for another shot at filling Kelle's wallet. Dream On suckers!!

ye[ this is very much how it is playing out. First question is why would anyone pledge money to a "business" that has no students and the "owner" of that business does not care about the 6 students it has?. Now if it were turned into the museum and run by the right people (i.e the osbournes need to be involved somewhere) then it could work, but in the current situation I can't see any light at the end of the tunnel
LongRhoadsAhead
Cool Member

Post by LongRhoadsAhead »

nothing new here but it's relatively common knowledge that Kathy was given the Cobo footage. if that doesn't show that the family sits on material then i don't know what will. in my early years i always thought it was sharon and ozzy but honestly i've completely 180'd on that. now, if the family does some release i will eat my words but i dont think that'll happen solely for his legacy, there will have to be some "cash prize" involved. sad shit. this footage literally exists. we've seen teasers. now no one is saying a word anymore
I went ahead and rode the white horse
romeorose2019

Post by romeorose2019 »

LongRhoadsAhead wrote:nothing new here but it's relatively common knowledge that Kathy was given the Cobo footage. if that doesn't show that the family sits on material then i don't know what will. in my early years i always thought it was sharon and ozzy but honestly i've completely 180'd on that. now, if the family does some release i will eat my words but i dont think that'll happen solely for his legacy, there will have to be some "cash prize" involved. sad shit. this footage literally exists. we've seen teasers. now no one is saying a word anymore
I don't think Kathy has the footage. I emailed her husband and he swears they don't have it. I really don't think they'd hold out on that footage just to try to cash in.