Randy's guitar tech Pete Mertons dead RIP

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Randy's guitar tech Pete Mertons dead RIP

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

I've just heard the sad news about Pete's death. he passed away in LA a few years back. That's as much as i know. RIP PM.
2night2night

Re: Randy's guitar tech Pete Mertons dead RIP

Post by 2night2night »

It's sad that he died . How old was he? It's also sad that he probably took all of memories with him.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Pete would of been in his mid 60's when he died. I'm surprised no one has chimed in with any other info. His funeral must of been kept well away from the media. I'm surprised nothing is on the internet mentioning this.
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Sad to hear this... and even more sad we learn about this only now a few years after.
How did you hear he passed away?
2night2night wrote:It's also sad that he probably took all of memories with him.
Very true...
btw there must be still an interview out there with Pete shelved away in Peter M's archives.
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

The Flying Dutchman wrote:Sad to hear this... and even more sad we learn about this only now a few years after.
How did you hear he passed away?
2night2night wrote:It's also sad that he probably took all of memories with him.
Very true...
btw there must be still an interview out there with Pete shelved away in Peter M's archives.
That was the only interview Pete had ever done for the docu. I've seen the transcript for that interview and it isn't the best. He mainly talks about what we already know and he talks more about being drunk and partying with the band. Very little technical info is mentioned and i sort of highlighted the better bits in a previous thread. I heard about Pete's death from a crew member, i was more surprised that the inner circle hadn't leaked out this info when it happened. This is probably one of the last know photos of Pete when he did that interview. RIP Pete.
Attachments
Pete Mertons & Margolis.jpg
mojopin70
Mass Poster

Post by mojopin70 »

That's sad. R.I.P
"If I knew then what I know now, I'd have made five albums with them" Ozzy Osbourne

It's regret, i think that really is the worst kind of pain, yeah guilt is bad, and sadness is bad, but regret is the sickly combination of both.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Pete on tour with Ozzy 1981 USA tour. Thanks to Dave Tangye for sharing this photo..cheers
Attachments
Pete Mertons 1981.jpg
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Another photo from Dave Tangye's collection Ozzy talking with $haron & Pete Mertons at the Riverflats Jam Minneapolis 25th May 1981.
Attachments
Ozzy $haron & Pete Mertons 1981.jpg
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Pete at Ridge farm during the recording of DOAM and a better clearer shot from the Riverflatt Jam 25th May 1981
Attachments
Pete Mertons 1981.png
Pete Mertons 1981 2.png