Ideas to "heal" legacy

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

orion_damage
Mass Poster

Re: Ideas to "heal" legacy

Post by orion_damage »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:You've tagged my quote ...so i was having to reply to you. So i'm not full of shit...? and don't need to wipe my ass ;-)
Haha no sir. The Port Vale footage you posted will forever make you awesome.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

orion_damage wrote:
GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:You've tagged my quote ...so i was having to reply to you. So i'm not full of shit...? and don't need to wipe my ass ;-)
Hey it was easier said then done...my contribution to this place is some times taking for granted. Cheers. I actually got a copy of that HMH vid to the late Fast Eddie he said it was cool and a great time capsule of motorhead at their peak. I just find it hard to believe all 3 of them are gone.. I met Ed on his last UK tour with Fastway supporting Saxon on the same day as my 50th birthday. It was great to see him again after 28 years and he was another guy who was so down to Earth and very friendly. He sent me a great photo and put a message on the back explaining when the photo was taking. It was the last time all 3 of them had met up together. I bet they didn't think they'd all be gone 3 years later.
Attachments
100_8788.jpg
orion_damage
Mass Poster

Post by orion_damage »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:
orion_damage wrote:
Hey it was easier said then done...my contribution to this place is some times taking for granted. Cheers. I actually got a copy of that HMH vid to the late Fast Eddie he said it was cool and a great time capsule of motorhead at their peak. I just find it hard to believe all 3 of them are gone.. I met Ed on his last UK tour with Fastway supporting Saxon on the same day as my 50th birthday. It was great to see him again after 28 years and he was another guy who was so down to Earth and very friendly. He sent me a great photo and put a message on the back explaining when the photo was taking. It was the last time all 3 of them had met up together. I bet they didn't think they'd all be gone 3 years later.
Yeah it's unreal the amount of musicians that have passed over the past few years. I really enjoy that footage along with the silent footage. With yours I'm glad they got Randy right as he's doing the "I Don't Know" solo. Always loved that one.

Here's both links for anyone wanting to check them out again.

GUITARIDOL5682's video he scored

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZg_GcJXCU8

silent footage, Ozzy's set is towards the end. Wish there was a way to clean it up a little.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omNO7pcTB4c
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

That vid has had over 85,000 hits. Posted up nearly 4 years next month..Wow doesn't time fly. The quality looks like it has deteriated over time. The original is longer and a much better piece of film as Colin goes onto the stage during Motorhead's set...Fuck me they are loud..It's a shame he didn't do the same during Ozzy's set. It was a great find and a great piece of drumming from the late Philthy Animal Taylor.
Attachments
Heavy Metal Holocaust 18.jpg
(8.95 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Heavy Metal Holocaust 15.jpg
(7.93 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Heavy Metal Holocaust 16.jpg
(12.84 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Heavy Metal Holocaust 13.jpg
(11.86 KiB) Not downloaded yet