Dude is working on upscaling and improving Randy footage.

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

orion_damage
Mass Poster

Dude is working on upscaling and improving Randy footage.

Post by orion_damage »

Guy is doing a pretty good job with some of it, especially the Chicago footage. He's worked on just about everything up to the most recent soundless footage with Randy doing the spotlight solo.

If you dig it give the guy a subscribe and a like. We need to support all avenues of Randy progression.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOjgc0 ... KNZFIeDSzw
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Re: Dude is working on upscaling and improving Randy footage

Post by Shockwave »

Watched a few of them and they look the same. The New Mexico footage looks much worse. Looks like he just turned the sharpness filter up to the max setting lol.

Either way props for trying and keeping the name alive. I subscribed.
orion_damage
Mass Poster

Post by orion_damage »

With the NY and Chicago shows you're going to sacrifice something for something. I mean he's working with piles of shit basically.
No1UNo
Cool Member

Post by No1UNo »

It's too bad...the Passaic, NJ, show is known to exist - multi-camera black and white, and we'll never see it because people STILL expect to get six figures for rare Randy Rhoads footage. I just flipped through a "100 Great Guitarist" interviews magazine this morning at Barnes & Noble and no Randy...that should tell folks that own that kind of footage something.
leftyaxeman

Post by leftyaxeman »

I was at the Passaic NJ show, I'd love to see it again,,, before I die. ;o)
romeorose2

Post by romeorose2 »

No1UNo wrote:It's too bad...the Passaic, NJ, show is known to exist - multi-camera black and white, and we'll never see it because people STILL expect to get six figures for rare Randy Rhoads footage. I just flipped through a "100 Great Guitarist" interviews magazine this morning at Barnes & Noble and no Randy...that should tell folks that own that kind of footage something.

6 figures... I think Ten thousand dollars is tops for any footage of Randy Rhoads that hasn't been released yet. I mean the only people that will buy bootlegged or stuff unauthorised for release would be people like us.

I doubt even the most hardcore RR fan with the deepest pockets would pay more than ten thousand dollars for video footage.

What's worse is Frank continues to sit on his stash of RR lesson tapes.

RR fans are the most screwed fans of any other fans of any other band/guitarist.

We never get shit.

I thought when Delores died we'd see new footage because of all the "changing of the guard" rumors, but we still can't even get Franks tapes.

I will be so happy when Sharon and Ozzy and Frank are all dead, THEN, maybe then, we will get some fucking new RR footage.

I'm 42 and I am sick of fucking waiting.
frank
Student & Friend of Randy

Post by frank »

romeorose2 wrote: What's worse is Frank continues to sit on his stash of RR lesson tapes.

I thought when Delores died we'd see new footage because of all the "changing of the guard" rumors, but we still can't even get Franks tapes.

I will be so happy when Sharon and Ozzy and Frank are all dead, THEN, maybe then, we will get some fucking new RR footage.

Aww c'mon Romeo...I thought we were friends. We spoke on the phone years ago and you were so polite and friendly. To set the record straight, I corresponded with Joe Skerratt and set up an idea to sponsor the lessons here, and anyone wishing to show gratitude would contribute to the scholarship fund set up at CSUN. Purely voluntary. I went to Delores, for permission (yes, they are my tapes, my property, but I felt an obligation to my friends mom [he loved her, you know] and would be uncomfortable to betray her wishes). When she showed some reservations, I backed down from the idea. Ask Joe if this is how it went down.

I may make them available some day. Understand...I have NEVER made a dime off my friendship with Randy, although I have no problem with anyone who has. If that means nothing to you...then kindly piss off.

'Randy Rhoads Private Lesson' on YouTube is the one lesson tape I recorded made public.

Another persistent myth I want to dispel is this: the Rhoads family is not sitting on a treasure trove of Randy material. They are mystified as to how to satisfy the demand for material that they don't have.

As far as my imminent death, I am sixty two and standing at death's door. I hope you can stand the wait.
Last edited by frank on Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.