NEW FOOTAGE COBO

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

estang74

NEW FOOTAGE COBO

Post by estang74 »

Everybody might want to sign into their facebooks and go to The Randy Rhoads society FB page. They have video proof of the show. It's really close camera shot too, prob 5 or 6 rows back. Video isn't best quality because they used a phone to shoot it from the TV. It's pretty exciting none the less.
www.reverbnation.com/estang74
Mitch

Re: NEW FOOTAGE COBO

Post by Mitch »

Pretty awesome stuff. Hope it comes to fruition. Maybe we will get to see some of this before we pass lol!
2night2night

Post by 2night2night »

Cool!!!!!!!!!!!!! It looks promising!!!!!!!!!!!
stress2stress2
Cool Member

Post by stress2stress2 »

Can you post a link to it?
magicvoice

Post by magicvoice »

Randy Rhoads society took the post down...this morning they made a post saying that they were gonna preview "Flying high again" this Saturday as another clip to enjoy....that post too...is now gone....anyone surprised about that?....I mean really?....we shall see.
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

Edit
LongRhoadsAhead
Cool Member

Post by LongRhoadsAhead »

man they really let a lot of people down if this a result of them handling interactions poorly with the owner of the film.
I went ahead and rode the white horse
estang74

Post by estang74 »

LongRhoadsAhead wrote:man they really let a lot of people down if this a result of them handling interactions poorly with the owner of the film.
Unfortunately it's looking like someone higher up the food chain stepped in.
magicvoice

Post by magicvoice »

Yeah I private messaged the RR society page yesterday inquiring whether they blew it or not.... (crickets)
dmnjr
Cool Member

Post by dmnjr »

I guess nobody here was able to see it, or at least screenshot it? I usually check that fb page a few times a week. Go figure that’s the day I didn’t.
Nick
Cool Member

Post by Nick »

Can someone give me a update on what the hell is hapining
estang74

Post by estang74 »

Nick wrote:Can someone give me a update on what the hell is hapining
here's what happened in a nut shell

I was on my FB and the Randy Rhoads Society had a post with footage from Cobo Hall show as a post. Talked about how it was sent to them and they just have a small bit(the solo jam, which sounded cool and it was all on Randy, and some of believer). Then the post went bye bye and they said the guy was going to send them flying high again and they were working on accquiring the video to share on their page. Then that post disappeared and no explanation and back to posting pictures of Randy. It's probably the closest footage besides after hours and the sound quality was pretty solid, to the point that made it was overdubbed from a bootleg.

Hopefully they will respond to the person on here who sent them a PM and hopefully that person will share with us what happened or is happening.

I thought this thread would have a more discussion but i guess its not the same as it used to be unfortunately
magicvoice

Post by magicvoice »

Randy Rhoads society page responded saying "it fell through" a one sentence statement...utterly ridiculous...how many folks on here lives would be made just a smidgen more complete by seeing this footage?? And pure selfishness on apparently the tapes owner has allowed "37 YEARS" to pass without giving Randy's fans what we've hoped existed?....nonsense.
dmnjr
Cool Member

Post by dmnjr »

So what footage was actually posted on that FB page that can be verified as seen by multiple people? I’m a member there and am pissed that I missed it if that’s the case. I know there is a snippet of footage from San Antonio of the spotlight solo that was overdubbed. How do we know it wasn’t that? At this point I’m calling BS until I see it with my own eyes.
dmnjr
Cool Member

Post by dmnjr »

And shame on the asshole that has kept that footage to themselves for damn near 40 years.