Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

SanDimasCharvel
Cool Member

Longer version of Ozzy & Jack in tape vault

Post by SanDimasCharvel »

https://youtu.be/R_JI30N_Ows

Very cool.

"There's something in here that when I told mom about, she had no idea". I wonder what on earth he was referring to. Certainly not the unmixed Crazy Train they listened to because that would have been used for the 2002 disasters. And not the Southampton reel they pull out because that's been used for 3 releases.
chilinvilin
Cool Member

Re: Longer version of Ozzy & Jack in tape vault

Post by chilinvilin »

SanDimasCharvel wrote:https://youtu.be/R_JI30N_Ows

Very cool.

"There's something in here that when I told mom about, she had no idea". I wonder what on earth he was referring to. Certainly not the unmixed Crazy Train they listened to because that would have been used for the 2002 disasters. And not the Southampton reel they pull out because that's been used for 3 releases.
Thanks!
Donnie
Cool Member

Post by Donnie »

Sounds like Jack will be the one to release some stuff in the future?
1756 Mozart~1956 Rhoads~2156 ??????
SanDimasCharvel
Cool Member

Post by SanDimasCharvel »

Donnie wrote:Sounds like Jack will be the one to release some stuff in the future?
Let's hope so! He seems to really appreciate Randy.
Wiseguy

Post by Wiseguy »

Donnie wrote:Sounds like Jack will be the one to release some stuff in the future?
Wouldn't that be an awesome turn of events?

-Matt
shawn
Cool Member

Post by shawn »

Wait a minute am I missing something here. They are saying that they are listening to an unmixed version of crazy train. We know that Ozzy sings a line or phrase at a time and the best of each of those takes are then stitched together to make up his vocal content for a recording. Have we some bullshitery going on here or am I missing something?

Also there is double tracking and an a separately tracked guitar solo on this recording they are listening to.
Donnie
Cool Member

Post by Donnie »

shawn wrote:Wait a minute am I missing something here. They are saying that they are listening to an unmixed version of crazy train. We know that Ozzy sings a line or phrase at a time and the best of each of those takes are then stitched together to make up his vocal content for a recording. Have we some bullshitery going on here or am I missing something?

Also there is double tracking and an a separately tracked guitar solo on this recording they are listening to.
When Jack said to Ozzy lets listen to the Southampton tape, Ozzy looked like a scared little bitch..lol prolly thought $haron was gonna whip him. He states that its sad. Whats sad is you keep this shit locked away for all these years.....
1756 Mozart~1956 Rhoads~2156 ??????
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

I would of loved to of seen Ozzy face if this version came on instead https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuOuUixdSvY