SanDimasCharvel
Cool Member

Bob's lawsuit dismissed

Post by SanDimasCharvel »

GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Re: Bob's lawsuit dismissed

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

All going well it will swing in Bob's favour, i'm surprised it has went down to an arbitrators decision.
CanuckRhoadsFan
Madman

Post by CanuckRhoadsFan »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:All going well it will swing in Bob's favour, i'm surprised it has went down to an arbitrators decision.
I certainly hope so, but I'm not so sure about that. The O's have money for days, Bob does not. I have a feeling that this will be squashed and go in the O's favour.

Sadly, this is the same nonsense they pulled on Jake E. Lee, isn't it? SO learned at the feet of the best, and is supposedly ruthless to deal with.

This is a cautionary tale about artist rights, isn't it?
Sky
Madman

Post by Sky »

CanuckRhoadsFan wrote:
GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:All going well it will swing in Bob's favour, i'm surprised it has went down to an arbitrators decision.
I certainly hope so, but I'm not so sure about that. The O's have money for days, Bob does not. I have a feeling that this will be squashed and go in the O's favour.

Sadly, this is the same nonsense they pulled on Jake E. Lee, isn't it? SO learned at the feet of the best, and is supposedly ruthless to deal with.

This is a cautionary tale about artist rights, isn't it?
Yes it is a cautionary tale but it's a different situation from Jake's because both Jake and Bob accepted a buy-out (sold their song-writing rights) on the songs they co-wrote for Ozzy. Bob was credited for co-writing all of the songs (except for Dee) on BOO & DOAM. This case is about that songwriting and whether Bob has been paid, is being paid, and will in the future be paid the correct amount of publishing royalties according to the terms of his contract with Blizzard Music, which the Os own.
"Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain't goin' away." - Elvis Presley