The Grail is Dead...

Post by Shockwave »

Looks like he has given up on it..

http://www.bobdaisley.com/comments
chilinvilin
Cool Member

Re: The Grail is Dead...

Post by chilinvilin »

Shockwave wrote:Looks like he has given up on it..

http://www.bobdaisley.com/comments

Dean Polsky • a month ago

HOLY GRAIL. I want to buy it so badly. Any updates regarding this good or bad ??

Share ›

Bob Daisley Mod Dean Polsky • 18 days ago

Hi Dean, I would love to be able to tell you something positive, but with all the 'sharing', pirating and general stealing of music, companies nowadays are reluctant to invest in anything. Maybe that'll change, it certainly needs to. Sorry, BD.

Share ›

This made me really sad :(

Wish one of these super rich Randy fans would just pay Bob what he wants and release this! So this is just about money huh?
romeorose2

Post by romeorose2 »

He should just let a fan have it anomonously, claim he lost the disks and a fan found them or whatever, let said fan upload the FLAC or WAV files everywhere on the internet. That way everyone gets it, and the Osbournes couldn't win any suit against him becuase they'd never have proof he gave them away
romeorose2

Post by romeorose2 »

Oh I just read the comment he posted, Bob needs to forget about the money. period. share this, leak it to the fans for FREE. I'd bet money Bob NEVER sees a dime for the recordings because he won't sell for what Sharon is willing to give. Bob needs to realize he will never get what he wants for them, and just let the fans have them. Just because he's NEVER going to make the money he wants off them is no reason why they shouldn't go to the fans for FREE.

Brutal honesty here, I really wouldn't give a fuck if Ozzy bought all his grail tapes and replaced him with some other drummer..... I don't give a shit that he played drums on them really, I'd be satisfied just to hear the bare tracks of RANDY without drums, bass, keyboards and vocals.

It should be a CRIME not releasing those tapes anyway. Imagine if people were hoarding the music of Bach like that.... it would not be stood for.
romeorose2

Post by romeorose2 »

And yes, you are EXACTLY right, this is ALL about money to Bob, nothing more whatsoever. He's as greedy as Sharon. He made it clear its about money when he talked about "piracy" etc.... hell yeah everyones gonna just downlaod it FREE once its released, 90% of people do exactly that, haha! No one hardly buys music, movies, etc anymore. Its FREE online. These dinosaurs like Bob need to quit thinking theres any $$$ worth in "recorded music" anymore.... those days are OVER and will NEVER return. At this point bands may as well just record CDs for FREE and give them away to promote their live tours and merchandise, because that's where the money is these days.

And even live music will eventually die out too to a LARGE extent, because you know what, lots of people are like me these days, who would rather watch concerts on YouTube so that we can see multi camera angles, better sound quality, and not have to stand in line or have people bumping into us in the audience etc.

People having computers and internet has basically forever destroyed music as something financially lucrative.

I'm not even saying that's a bad thing, because as a consumer the Pros out weigh the cons.

The only people that are making REAL money in music these days are POP stars, or rock bands that have been around already for over Ten years or longer.

I would say that any bands that form in this day and age that's new and never been part of another band anyone has ever heard of, would be hard pressed to make more than $75,000 EACH band member after all is said and done per year.

Certainly not rich.

Even Yngwie Malmsteen only has a networth of around 7 Million dollars, which in the grand scheme of things seems kinda small considering he's been active since the 80s. When pop stars are netting over 200 million total.

I think even Steve Vai is only neting about 20 million total. And that's not even what they make per year, that's like everything all together they have at the moment.

Which yeah is a lot to me and what I have haha, but in the grand scheme of things that's not a lot.

I mean in the 1986-1994 those Eight years, every band was making a TON of money, LOTS of bands were being paid well....

It was because of a few things, during that time period internet and piracy was almost non existent like it is today, and in that time, ROCK GUITAR was actually sooooo MAINSTREAM it coulda been considered POP because, yes, during that time it was hugely popular, all kinds of people like Rock.

Now a days, most people in their 20s don't listen to any of these bands, they don't care about music where guitar solos are the main course.

It's a different kind of people and a different kind of world we live in now.

It's never gonna be profitable to be a musician to the extent that it used to be back in that time period for most bands, never.

I don't care how bands market music or movies online for sell to stream or download, most people will still choose to get them for free.

After I see this Yngwie concert, I myself probably will never personally attend another concert of anyones in my life again.
Donnie
Cool Member

Post by Donnie »

I wonder in a 100 years whats going to happen to all Tommys live tapes, the phx bros footage and the grail...maybe they could do us all a favor and just destroy it so we never have to think about it again.
1756 Mozart~1956 Rhoads~2156 ??????
alborg
Cool Member

Post by alborg »

He's best off to do a pre-order thing to get as much money as possible before it's released. I'd want the physical thing anyway if it includes a booklet of pics & details. Either that or sell it to an European Bootleg CD company & have them release it. It'll be a shame if Bob takes the tapes to the grave with him. Especially after saying how much he wants fans to hear them...
Rhoads-Fan
Cool Member

Post by Rhoads-Fan »

Yo, ro ro 2....

Would releasing the "Grail" ever be enough? Would your insessent ranting stop?

If I was Bob I'd get a restraining order on you a.s.a.p. You seem to be one step shy of becoming a Facebook nut bar out for some kind of jihad in memory of Randy Rhoads.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

My two cents: We don't have it now, so I'm not missing anything worth losing sleep over. Would I love to hear these tapes? Hell yeah! Do I see any point getting worked up over Bob choosing not to release them? Nope...

Maybe I'll just fly to Australia, look him up and ask to hear some of his tapes... that'd be cooler than a booklet with pictures anyway. Plus, I'd be able to come back and brag about how I got to hear them and you all didn't ;)
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

I've always had the view that 'the Grail' would be a difficult product to put out. Mainly because of it's connection with the O$bournes. Bob has got to get their permission to put this out and we know the O's have very little compassion for him. You just need to see the Ozzy tracks that are not available to view on youtube. As fast as someone posts one up it's taking down. The O's are always wanting paid and if they think they are missing out on a buck.. Well we know how they tick..If they are having to offer Bob a royalty on his tapes to release them or vice-versa...Do you think that will ever happen ?. Bob's excuse for not releasing them is a poor one. As any independent label could put these out, if it was only so easy and the O's didn't have any say on that issue. Bob would never hand them over for free and i don't see why he should. As far as them being leaked to the media, the O's know who owns them. So it would just be another day in court for them.
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

Just emailed Bob with a few ideas on how he could still do this. One of those is just start a kickstarter or go fund me type campaign and set a number for what he feels it's worth. If it's worth $100,000 for example then let that run for 90 days or what not. If it's met then release it in some form even if just 500 or 1000 cd's. It would still get leaked out eventually. Of course his lawyers would have to be involved with all the other parties involved. Worth a try though.

With some word of mouth and a insane Japanese ozzy/Randy fan base I could see a few rich guys dropping 5-10k a piece for a contribution. It could add up in no time at all to well over 100k.

Think of it like this...Do you really think that there are are not 20 or so diehard Ozzy or Randy fans out there that are "rich" or very well off financially enough to donate 5k a piece? 20 people @ 5k is 100k (impressive math skills yes)....very very possible to get that number way above that if he did something like this.
SanDimasCharvel
Cool Member

Post by SanDimasCharvel »

Shockwave wrote:Just emailed Bob with a few ideas on how he could still do this. One of those is just start a kickstarter or go fund me type campaign and set a number for what he feels it's worth. If it's worth $100,000 for example then let that run for 90 days or what not. If it's met then release it in some form even if just 500 or 1000 cd's. It would still get leaked out eventually. Of course his lawyers would have to be involved with all the other parties involved. Worth a try though.

With some word of mouth and a insane Japanese ozzy/Randy fan base I could see a few rich guys dropping 5-10k a piece for a contribution. It could add up in no time at all to well over 100k.

Think of it like this...Do you really think that there are are not 20 or so diehard Ozzy or Randy fans out there that are "rich" or very well off financially enough to donate 5k a piece? 20 people @ 5k is 100k (impressive math skills yes)....very very possible to get that number way above that if he did something like this.
That's a good idea. Hopefully something works.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

It's more then just a money issue for Bob to release these tapes. He's still in court with the O's trying to get his full back payment on Crazy Train and other unpaid finances. Do you honestly think the O$bourne's are going to see Bob release those tapes and have nothing to say ??.. He cannot do it...Why do you think he offered it up to them to be used on the anniversary box set ?. He made the gamble to go back to court to get what he's owed it will either pay off for him or it'll cost him. I just cannot see 'The Grail' being released because of this... Bob's too humble to say otherwise and doesn't want the fans messaging him with 'But you promised you'd get this to the fans'... that's my opinion and if it does come out you can say different.
No1UNo
Cool Member

Post by No1UNo »

You know, I wonder what might work to pry some of these known rarities from those that have possession of them. Everyone here is right - the money is the bottom line for these things getting out there. I wonder how much attention or money a kickstarted or go fund me campaign would raise, especially if links to such an effort were sent out to the right fans, web masters, media outlets and others to spread the word and let interested people know.

This may be worth a try for one or more of the confirmed artifacts that exist, just to see where it would or could go. One wonders if enough was raised, would the campaign director be approached about some kind of agreement or offer.

It is just a bit sad that our favorite guitar player's memories are caught up in such issues over money. I'm thankful for what we have, but sorry that we'll probably see nothing else - and the artifacts that are out there will degrade over time if unkept or be thrown out by the holder's kids, who will have NO IDEA the worth of what their parents had.
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

SanDimasCharvel wrote:
Shockwave wrote:Just emailed Bob with a few ideas on how he could still do this. One of those is just start a kickstarter or go fund me type campaign and set a number for what he feels it's worth. If it's worth $100,000 for example then let that run for 90 days or what not. If it's met then release it in some form even if just 500 or 1000 cd's. It would still get leaked out eventually. Of course his lawyers would have to be involved with all the other parties involved. Worth a try though.

That's a good idea. Hopefully something works.
+1
I'm willing to help. But first the question is how much Bob wants for his grail.....?
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.