Crazy Train Alternate Mix Released (Sony Archives?)

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Shockwave
Mass Poster

Crazy Train Alternate Mix Released (Sony Archives?)

Post by Shockwave »

Pretty sure this is new...well 37 years old new :D

I have definitely heard that alternate intro before. I think it's what we heard on Jack's show where he and Ozzy went to the Sony archives? To early to look, 5:0am and headed out the door.

Never heard that part at the very end though where it's just Randy and he is playing just the chords that run behind the solo. Leads me to believe at one point he was going to add an outro solo as well?!

https://youtu.be/9ZDvgdO-C9U
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Re: Crazy Train Alternate Mix Released (Sony Archives?)

Post by Shockwave »

Wow, listening to it now on my way to work and much better through my car stereo in my phone LOL. The solo is unbelievably clear and upfront in the mix.
Cryptic Night
Mass Poster

Post by Cryptic Night »

That was really cool to hear. As far as the ending goes though, I think those might have just been unused takes or something. The original structure for the song might have had the solo go on for longer. Definitely would have made the song cooler though with that guitar part in the intro.
Like the lunar and solar lights, humanity's unaligned, undefined.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

I'm going to call BS on this one... anyone with Adobe Audition or Audacity and the tracks from Guitar hero could manipulate the tracks and create this... I'v done it myself a number of times. Probably why the comments are disabled...
SanDimasCharvel
Cool Member

Post by SanDimasCharvel »

Paul Wolfe wrote:I'm going to call BS on this one... anyone with Adobe Audition or Audacity and the tracks from Guitar hero could manipulate the tracks and create this... I'v done it myself a number of times. Probably why the comments are disabled...
My thought too as the bass and drums sound like the 2002 tracks which were used in Guitar Hero.
LongRhoadsAhead
Cool Member

Post by LongRhoadsAhead »

I have to agree with Paul until the source of the audio is indefinitely defined. Regardless, the solo and intros sound fucking tight!
I went ahead and rode the white horse
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

That's just had a load of remixing done. Nothing special.
romeorose2

Post by romeorose2 »

I absolutely HATE the into to that! I think it SUCKS bigtime. The into I think is best is the one on Tribute. I like the pick harmonics and bend and the way he holds the note etc on the intro on the TRibute CD. That was the best.

That new crap just sounds lame, just sounds like some out of tune volume swells that don't even match the vibe of the song overall.

The intro on the Tribute CD was cool because it built anticipation to that main intro Riff.

You knew something bad ass was about to happen as soon as you heard those little intro licks before the main intro Riff on the Tribute CD.