Ideas to "heal" legacy

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

LongRhoadsAhead
Cool Member

Ideas to "heal" legacy

Post by LongRhoadsAhead »

There's no doubt randy's legacy has damaged by the incompetent people who managed it.. I revisited some aufio of him I hadn't heard since I was a child and it reminded me of the profound impact randy had on my life when I was 9 and first herd crazy train. I'm in my mid 20s now so the rhoads intensity in me has simmered down quite a bit.
Was more wondering if anyone here still cares enough for us to get a group of sorts together to try and do something for randy and for the fans. I remember an admin suggested a gofundme at some point. I am unfamiliar with how those work tho.. I hope you all have been well. Take care and rock on, friends.
I went ahead and rode the white horse
orion_damage
Mass Poster

Re: Ideas to "heal" legacy

Post by orion_damage »

LongRhoadsAhead wrote:There's no doubt randy's legacy has damaged by the incompetent people who managed it.. I revisited some aufio of him I hadn't heard since I was a child and it reminded me of the profound impact randy had on my life when I was 9 and first herd crazy train. I'm in my mid 20s now so the rhoads intensity in me has simmered down quite a bit.
Was more wondering if anyone here still cares enough for us to get a group of sorts together to try and do something for randy and for the fans. I remember an admin suggested a gofundme at some point. I am unfamiliar with how those work tho.. I hope you all have been well. Take care and rock on, friends.
Do you have any ideas in mind? A GoFundMe wouldn't be necessary unless there's something tangible to be obtained.

Always good to see some life out there for things like this.
LongRhoadsAhead
Cool Member

Post by LongRhoadsAhead »

i had a few ideas but more wanted to see/hear how many people care enough..
I went ahead and rode the white horse
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Eh...Come back with some ideas as the community has even forgoting what day it was a couple of days ago...Yeah RR was killed ..At one time he would of been mentioned and the fans would of came here in respect of that day....Dream on and the legacy may get patched up at best....Kelle where's this RR museum and have you been a good lad and used that money to put musonia back on the map all fresh and modernised ??? Still waiting for an update, Nearly 9 months since you got all that pledge money...
orion_damage
Mass Poster

Post by orion_damage »

LongRhoadsAhead wrote:i had a few ideas but more wanted to see/hear how many people care enough..
What are your ideas? If your ideas have legs then it may encourage others.
stress2stress2
Cool Member

Post by stress2stress2 »

IMO, "healing" the legacy is not necessary as long people continue to appreciate RR in the way he'd want to be appreciated, as a serious musician making a meaningful contribution with what he had where he was in time.

I find that I "heal" his legacy in my own small way by simply listening to his work and glancing at a few favorite photos or videos.

I'll start by posting one of my fave shots and explain why it is. I'd like to think that Randy would approve of this and invite other members to do the same.

For me, this photo show shows a serious musician surrounded by the important tools of his work. Some that have defined him and brought him to that place and time (LP and PDV), and those he has carefully gathered to help him grow/evolve creatively in his new-found place (concord and new black Jackson).

It's striking to me that, by the time of this photo, all of the amazing strident ferocity and intricate delicate finess of BOO and DOAM were behind him. Every bit of known studio work was done and it was all that would forever define him. We can talk about live recordings later ;-)

He appears to be focused on his work, is neatly dressed, and without a hint of ego or pretense. It all implies a bit of calm confidence amid what has been reported as some of the zaniest chaos that Oz could have exhibited and demands that he be respected. All in all, pretty remarkable for a 25 year old guy slinging a guitar in a rock band.
Attachments
randy-rhoads.jpg
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

I plan on building a website that is actually professionally done and modern. Nothing against this site or other forums. I am mainly talking about a true non-dedicated forum RR site. All of them that have or are out there are absolute junk. This is in my realm of work so I will be able to build it as proposed. Once I finish building my companies website I will start work on a new RR site. I will be inquiring to Kathy most likely to see what her thoughts are and once they see it they can join in an manage if they like.

I plan on creating a forum as part of the site as well.
I plan on asking a few people here at UR on whether or not they would like to be an moderator or possibly admin of certain parts of the site.
orion_damage
Mass Poster

Post by orion_damage »

Shockwave wrote:I plan on building a website that is actually professionally done and modern. Nothing against this site or other forums. I am mainly talking about a true non-dedicated forum RR site. All of them that have or are out there are absolute junk. This is in my realm of work so I will be able to build it as proposed. Once I finish building my companies website I will start work on a new RR site. I will be inquiring to Kathy most likely to see what her thoughts are and once they see it they can join in an manage if they like.

I plan on asking a few people here at UR on whether or not they would like to be an moderator or possibly admin of certain parts of the site.

Sounds pretty sweet. Do you have an idea of when you'll start up on it? Aren't you also documenting the crash?
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:Eh...Come back with some ideas as the community has even forgoting what day it was a couple of days ago...Yeah RR was killed ..At one time he would of been mentioned and the fans would of came here in respect of that day....Dream on and the legacy may get patched up at best....Kelle where's this RR museum and have you been a good lad and used that money to put musonia back on the map all fresh and modernised ??? Still waiting for an update, Nearly 9 months since you got all that pledge money...

I didn’t forget at all, but I did what most here probably did. Check throughout the day and be wondering that this is what it has come down to. I think this is the first year nothing was posted, be it here or at any other site.
orion_damage
Mass Poster

Post by orion_damage »

Shockwave wrote:
GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:Eh...Come back with some ideas as the community has even forgoting what day it was a couple of days ago...Yeah RR was killed ..At one time he would of been mentioned and the fans would of came here in respect of that day....Dream on and the legacy may get patched up at best....Kelle where's this RR museum and have you been a good lad and used that money to put musonia back on the map all fresh and modernised ??? Still waiting for an update, Nearly 9 months since you got all that pledge money...

I didn’t forget at all, but I did what most here probably did. Check throughout the day and be wondering that this is what it has come down to. I think this is the first year nothing was posted, be it here or at any other site.
So why the fuck didn't you take action and post something assclown?
Cryptic Night
Mass Poster

Post by Cryptic Night »

In my opinion, the best way to "heal" Randy's legacy would be to convince Bob Daisley, Lee Kerslake, and Ozzy Osbourne to make amends and have them (at least Bob and Ozzy) work together to bring a true tribute to one of the greatest guitarists who ever lived. Have them release Bob's Grail tapes, release any live shows (preferably in all their rawness, no "cleaning up" the audio), re-release You Said It All maybe with a remaster.

That's the most important thing to me, having Bob, Lee, and Ozzy make amends. Pity it'll never happen though.
Like the lunar and solar lights, humanity's unaligned, undefined.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

orion_damage wrote:
Shockwave wrote:

Because i was away with me brothers band, no internet.. When you've posted as much info as me on this fkn site i'll wear your assclown tag with pride. Smart comment, but alas shot down in flames... My point being, if people still had anything to post on RR it would be on that day.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Shockwave wrote:I plan on building a website that is actually professionally done and modern. Nothing against this site or other forums. I am mainly talking about a true non-dedicated forum RR site. All of them that have or are out there are absolute junk. This is in my realm of work so I will be able to build it as proposed. Once I finish building my companies website I will start work on a new RR site. I will be inquiring to Kathy most likely to see what her thoughts are and once they see it they can join in an manage if they like.

Jumping ship while this one is sinking..Yeah and be sure to come back and help yourself to the info, photos and every other piece of knowledge that's been provided over the years. This is what is boiling my piss, all it will take is for skezza to pull the plug on the fees for this domain and its gone. Why do you think this place is going down faster then the Titanic. Because no one has anything to provide or the time to post..Lazy people who can at most look at a photo or if your on FB you can click on the 'Like' tag. Everyone is just happy to browse...Try doing something to make this site better instead of doing another RR site...FB has about 7 and only one get's any kudos all the rest have fell on their ass.
orion_damage
Mass Poster

Post by orion_damage »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:
orion_damage wrote:
Shockwave wrote: I didn’t forget at all, but I did what most here probably did. Check throughout the day and be wondering that this is what it has come down to. I think this is the first year nothing was posted, be it here or at any other site.
Because i was away with me brothers band, no internet.. When you've posted as much info as me on this fkn site i'll wear your assclown tag with pride. Smart comment, but alas shot down in flames... My point being, if people still had anything to post on RR it would be on that day.
I wasn't talking to you. I was talking about the fuck face Shockwave. Mr "I'm going to build a website and get an interview with Don Airey" You know, the guy so full of shit you have to wipe your own ass after reading something he wrote.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

You've tagged my quote ...so i was having to reply to you. So i'm not full of shit...? and don't need to wipe my ass ;-)