Randy Rhoads Official Family Store...

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Shockwave
Mass Poster

Randy Rhoads Official Family Store...

Post by Shockwave »

Have you guys seen this site, Is it legit? Seems to be and shows the changing of the guard in full force.

https://www.officialrandyrhoadsfamily.com

The girl designing the ring for sale is his niece and holy crap you can see Randy in her no doubt. She's pretty cute as well if you look her up on Instagram (no stalker lol)
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Re: Randy Rhoads Official Family Store...

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Not to sound like i'm having a go at Jenna but is this not a money spinner for her. With her Rhoads connection, the ring design is made and then it's cast into a mold. That's the job done, you pour in your metal and polish and clean the ring. For the price i would expect those items to be made out of silver. They are made from base metal, very much like the reason i sounded off when Kathy was making the RR wine to pull punters into her winery. It's Jenna cashing in on a small time business. Some thing i find disrespectful like Kathy making RR mulled wine at this time of year, stick a small santa's hat on the bottle and it'll save on labels. A nice item but not one i'll be rushing out to buy.
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:Not to sound like i'm having a go at Jenna but is this not a money spinner for her. With her Rhoads connection, the ring design is made and then it's cast into a mold. That's the job done, you pour in your metal and polish and clean the ring. For the price i would expect those items to be made out of silver. They are made from base metal, very much like the reason i sounded off when Kathy was making the RR wine to pull punters into her winery. It's Jenna cashing in on a small time business. Some thing i find disrespectful like Kathy making RR mulled wine at this time of year, stick a small santa's hat on the bottle and it'll save on labels. A nice item but not one i'll be rushing out to buy.

I agree about the wine thing. She made it seem like it was a one time offering when it first came a few years ago and now I am still surprised every year I see it for sale. . Little things like this I don't like them cashing in on. If you want to cash in on Randy then give tours, show his gear, release something other than your wine and a replica of Randy's ring.
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

The person to ask of course is Frank who still meets the family regularly.

I assume the RR Trust is the families charity for Randy? Maybe it's going towards Musonia?
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

skezza wrote:The person to ask of course is Frank who still meets the family regularly.

I assume the RR Trust is the families charity for Randy? Maybe it's going towards Musonia?
Joe if this is the case you'd think it would say all or a percentage of the proceeds would support those charities ??. Even to help the sales of those items.
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

It all sounds nice and what Randy would have wanted but in sure they are keeping a profit otherwise they wouldn't be doing it, or doing these things as often. Maybe not when Delores was in charge but now most likely...