Two low flying buzzes was enough...

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Re: Two low flying buzzes was enough...

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

These are the other photos... sorry if anyone finds these in bad taste. But they are in the various threads and have always been there to check out.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5572

orion_damage
Mass Poster

Post by orion_damage »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:
Shockwave wrote:Just reading around all the birthday stuff in some sites prior to heading into work here. The one that sticks out the most is the plane buzzed the bus successfully twice prior to to 3rd attempt. It's likely everyone was enjoying it and that's why it was done, on that 3rd attempt who knows what happened in the cockpit.

Man, just twice and they would have been all set!!!
Well one theory could be as simple as this. Rachel and Randy may have been a bit freaked out with the plane swooping the tour bus. If he was flying in a too low. Did Randy stand up to lean over to Aycock to get him to pull the stick up, would his weight moving be enough to upset the ballast of the plane, just enought to dipp the plane's wing which hit the bus and then it cart wheeled into the tree. I think it then nose ended upwards and slammed into the roof. I'm writing this from memory but i'm sure that's as close as what any witness mentioned. That's how Randy was found out side the garage. Did he take his seat belt off ? Was Rachel still belted up in the plane was Aycock's belt fastened. It's all stuff you'd never know until you found the belt clips of the plane. The largest piece of the plane was the size of an old style rotary phone. The wing which snapped off and one of its landing wheel struts. Both found outside the garage, the wing being further away next to the tour bus.
I tend to believe it was purely a freak accident and nothing malicious. What happened inside? Who knows. Has Don Airey given a more in-depth interview where he discusses what he saw?
Rhoads-Fan
Cool Member

Post by Rhoads-Fan »

[/quote]I tend to believe it was purely a freak accident and nothing malicious. What happened inside? Who knows. Has Don Airey given a more in-depth interview where he discusses what he saw?[/quote]

I'm not sure Don really wants to talk about that day. Can't say I blame him and sure would not push the subject. When he passes maybe, just maybe the photos will be made public. Who knows if he even has them anymore.

I want to see any pictures, good bad ugly....whatever.
orion_damage
Mass Poster

Post by orion_damage »

Rhoads-Fan wrote:
I tend to believe it was purely a freak accident and nothing malicious. What happened inside? Who knows. Has Don Airey given a more in-depth interview where he discusses what he saw?[/quote]

I'm not sure Don really wants to talk about that day. Can't say I blame him and sure would not push the subject. When he passes maybe, just maybe the photos will be made public. Who knows if he even has them anymore.

I want to see any pictures, good bad ugly....whatever.[/quote]

Yeah I don't blame him one bit. Wasn't there another guy who witnessed it? Jake something

As far as pictures go I'm in the same boat as you.
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

i think it was Duncan orion.
Rhoads-Fan
Cool Member

Post by Rhoads-Fan »

Yea, Jake Duncan. He was the tour manager. Sharon blamed him for the accident.
orion_damage
Mass Poster

Post by orion_damage »

Tito wrote:i think it was Duncan orion.
Was that an attempt at being funny Tito?
Rhoads-Fan
Cool Member

Post by Rhoads-Fan »

orion_damage wrote:
Was that an attempt at being funny Tito?

I don't get it.....
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Gee, Tito, you forgot a comma and confused everybody!

"I think it was Duncan, orion(-damage)"
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

Sorry!!!!
orion_damage
Mass Poster

Post by orion_damage »

Haha sorry man I read it too quickly. Good ole lack of sleep over here. ;)
dmnjr
Cool Member

Post by dmnjr »

orion_damage wrote:
dmnjr wrote:Yeah, in regards to that last paragraph. I noticed that a few years back. I ran across that photo of the garage and was like, is that what I think it is?!? Can't really tell about the top of the car on the left, but next to it amidst the rubble is definitely someone sticking out. Based on that, I'm sure what I thought was on top of the car, is someone as well. Trying to be tactful. I'm just in disbelief that the photo is readily available for anyone to see. I wasn't looking for photos of that awful day, just stumbled upon it.
Is this the picture you're talking about? I enlarged and brightened it up big time. Just looks like a bunch of rubble to me.
There's someone face down on the left car and then halfway up the middle column and to the left, someone's head is poking out of the rubble. That's where they were both found. Just trying to warn everyone. It's clear as day when you know what to look for.
Rhoads-Fan
Cool Member

Post by Rhoads-Fan »

dmnjr wrote:
orion_damage wrote:
dmnjr wrote:Yeah, in regards to that last paragraph. I noticed that a few years back. I ran across that photo of the garage and was like, is that what I think it is?!? Can't really tell about the top of the car on the left, but next to it amidst the rubble is definitely someone sticking out. Based on that, I'm sure what I thought was on top of the car, is someone as well. Trying to be tactful. I'm just in disbelief that the photo is readily available for anyone to see. I wasn't looking for photos of that awful day, just stumbled upon it.
Is this the picture you're talking about? I enlarged and brightened it up big time. Just looks like a bunch of rubble to me.
There's someone face down on the left car and then halfway up the middle column and to the left, someone's head is poking out of the rubble. That's where they were both found. Just trying to warn everyone. It's clear as day when you know what to look for.
I see the head. The car on the right with the pool on top, it looks like a body next to the pool. I don't see anything on the car to the left.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Tito LOL!! Duncan Doughnuts Doh... You can look on those photos as much as you like the bodies have been removed from the garage and out side.The fire fighters are dowsing down the area in case it catches fire again. But as far as i know the bodies have been removed. If you notice nearly all of the garage roof has gone this was pulled down by the firemen to make it safe. As the scene would be made worse for finding evidence if the bodies had not been photographed then removed. This info was giving to me by a guy who works for the fire service i showed him the photos.
The photos belonging to Don Airey have been passed onto Kathy i remember someone mentioned this at a memorial service and Kathy said she now owns them.
orion_damage
Mass Poster

Post by orion_damage »

These are the things that stick out to me. On the left of the column are you guys thinking the one on top or bottom is the face? Rhoads-Fan is that what you're talking about on the far left? I saw that too.

Heads up, I did circle the areas I'm asking about so for those that find this unsettling don't click the attachment.
Attachments
RR-garage.jpg