Ozzy and Jacks World Detour Southampton/Crazy Train Masters

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Shockwave
Mass Poster

Ozzy and Jacks World Detour Southampton/Crazy Train Masters

Post by Shockwave »

Just got home from having a few brews and decided to check out the latest Ozzy show he is doing with his son Jack. So to my surprise this episode that originally aired last night (8/20) was of the Sony music archives located in some cave some where(iron mountain)

So out of nowhere they dig up some stuff from the past back in the early 1900's then of course show Ozzy some of his own stuff including the Southampton live show. They showed the cover of the southhampton box containing the master reel and all the original writing on it. Jack then ask Ozzy if he wants to listen to it and says not really, jack says come on and Ozzy says ok if you want to. Of course then they cut to commercial and when they come back they play the original unmixed master tape of crazy train instead out of nowhere. The unmixed master defintely contains stuff we have never heard. The opening bass/drum beats we always hear has Randy with some feedback, whammy and vibrato going on throughout a good portion of it that we have never heard. None of that was on the isolated tracks even as far as i remember. There is also a tiny bit of feedback during the initial drum clicks at the very beginning.

One of the engineers ask Ozzy if he wants to hear anything else, he says no and that he has heard all already(lived it is what he meant by that)

Lastly I noticed the writing on the box containing the crazy train master reels said that they were baked in 1998 and then again in July 2010.

Pretty cool stuff!
orion_damage
Mass Poster

Re: Ozzy and Jacks World Detour Southampton/Crazy Train Mas

Post by orion_damage »

Very interesting. Just to make sure I read it right, so they played the album version of Crazy Train and not the live South Hampton show?

How's the show by the way? Curious to watch it just never got around to it.
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

orion_damage wrote:Very interesting. Just to make sure I read it right, so they played the album version of Crazy Train and not the live South Hampton show?

Yes the album version
Nick
Cool Member

Post by Nick »

orion_damage wrote:Very interesting. Just to make sure I read it right, so they played the album version of Crazy Train and not the live South Hampton show?

The show is actually pretty good, you get more use to jack on screen than ozzy
Rhoads-Fan
Cool Member

Post by Rhoads-Fan »

Thier trip to the Alamo was interesting.

"There appears to be an outstanding warrant..." Lol!
rodgerd

Post by rodgerd »

I just saw the iron mountain episode and seeing ozzy react to hearing randy, I saw a man who was traumatized by randy's death. We hear randy and celebrate who he was, ozzy hears him and he initially remembers the good times but the trauma from the accident overpowers any happy feelings. I wonder if this is the reluctance from the osbourne camp when it comes to randy material.
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

rodgerd wrote:I just saw the iron mountain episode and seeing ozzy react to hearing randy, I saw a man who was traumatized by randy's death. We hear randy and celebrate who he was, ozzy hears him and he initially remembers the good times but the trauma from the accident overpowers any happy feelings. I wonder if this is the reluctance from the osbourne camp when it comes to randy material.

If you have any doubts about Sharon and Ozzy feelings about Randy watch the Japanese documentary.
orion_damage
Mass Poster

Post by orion_damage »

Shockwave wrote:
rodgerd wrote:I just saw the iron mountain episode and seeing ozzy react to hearing randy, I saw a man who was traumatized by randy's death. We hear randy and celebrate who he was, ozzy hears him and he initially remembers the good times but the trauma from the accident overpowers any happy feelings. I wonder if this is the reluctance from the osbourne camp when it comes to randy material.

If you have any doubts about Sharon and Ozzy feelings about Randy watch the Japanese documentary.
I've seen bits of it on YouTube. I will say, their love for Randy is one thing I've never questioned.
rodgerd

Post by rodgerd »

I've seen bits of it too but cannot find the complete doc. It would be nice if there were subtitles!
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

rodgerd wrote:I've seen bits of it too but cannot find the complete doc. It would be nice if there were subtitles!

I haven't watched it in years but the full copy I downloaded is available on the torrent sites.
Nick
Cool Member

Post by Nick »

Shockwave wrote:
rodgerd wrote:I've seen bits of it too but cannot find the complete doc. It would be nice if there were subtitles!

I haven't watched it in years but the full copy I downloaded is available on the torrent sites.

Why isn't it available to download here??
axeman_12656
Mass Poster

Post by axeman_12656 »

Like everyone else I was really touch by how sincere and emotional Ozzy was for those 2 segments of the show. I really appreciate him, Jack and everyone at the history channel for making Randy part of the show that night. It was special.
Live Life Stronger Than Death
Geo Sav
Mass Poster

Post by Geo Sav »

I will have to check that out. What channel is the show on?
Nick
Cool Member

Post by Nick »

Was I the only person that noticed that the master tape for south Hampton said 24 Tracks

24 songs were recorded live?
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Nick wrote:Was I the only person that noticed that the master tape for south Hampton said 24 Tracks

24 songs were recorded live?
I guess it was recorded with a 24 tracks recorder. :)
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.