It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:21 pm


Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 13 posts ]
Author Message
 Post subject: Supposed to be new footage....
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 2:49 pm 
Senior Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:30 pm
Posts: 59
I've seen sections of this 3:00 minute clip, but some of it was new to me. Let me know what you think.
http://societyofrock.com/nearly-35-year ... -surfaces/


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Supposed to be new footage....
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:19 am 
Cool Member

Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:06 pm
Posts: 191
Thank you!

There has to be even more footage, that is what I keep telling myself anyway.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Supposed to be new footage....
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:28 pm 
Junior Member

Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:22 pm
Posts: 45
That certainly is the best quality I have seen it it - 720p on you tube.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Supposed to be new footage....
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:10 pm 
Madman
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:11 pm
Posts: 487
Can't wait for some actual new footage to come out. I have that footage on a VHS tape I got years ago. Mine doesn't have that tracking issue in the middle of the clip.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Supposed to be new footage....
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:24 am 
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2006 4:03 pm
Posts: 3600
Location: Gotham City
leftyaxeman wrote:
I've seen sections of this 3:00 minute clip, but some of it was new to me. Let me know what you think.
http://societyofrock.com/nearly-35-year ... -surfaces/
Seen it all but the quality seems a little better than other clips on yt and it's nice to have all that good footage in one clip. So thnx! 8)

Little of topic but by above clip I stumped on this funny one from Paul Gilbert about replacing Randy: SCARIFIED - Episode 6: REPLACING RANDY RHOADS :)

_________________
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Supposed to be new footage....
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:34 am 
Senior Member

Joined: Fri May 27, 2011 9:01 am
Posts: 81
Location: Barossa Valley - Sth Australia
I agree with the others & must say that this is the best quality version of the old Entertainment Tonight footage I've seen. Yes the whole unedited footage does exist - Peter M. found it while digging up stuff for the failed doco BUT unfortunately it's now all in the hands of Dakota Pictures :(

_________________
"Rock n' Roll's universal" - Bon Scott, AC/DC


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Supposed to be new footage....
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:23 pm 
Madman
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:11 pm
Posts: 487
barossadude wrote:
I agree with the others & must say that this is the best quality version of the old Entertainment Tonight footage I've seen. Yes the whole unedited footage does exist - Peter M. found it while digging up stuff for the failed doco BUT unfortunately it's now all in the hands of Dakota Pictures :(


When was the footage for ET shot?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Supposed to be new footage....
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:00 pm 
Mass Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:43 pm
Posts: 832
orion_damage wrote:
barossadude wrote:
I agree with the others & must say that this is the best quality version of the old Entertainment Tonight footage I've seen. Yes the whole unedited footage does exist - Peter M. found it while digging up stuff for the failed doco BUT unfortunately it's now all in the hands of Dakota Pictures :(


When was the footage for ET shot?


I believe it was the week leading up to opening night of the USA diary tour before 12/30 1981. I want to say a couple days before. Can't remember where it was filmed, it could have very well been the cow palace or in Los Angeles on or before the 31st, the only reason I say that is because i vaguely recall the cow palace being a "B" show they wouldn't have had the stage setup.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Supposed to be new footage....
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:23 pm 
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2006 4:03 pm
Posts: 3600
Location: Gotham City
Shockwave wrote:
Can't remember where it was filmed, it could have very well been the cow palace or in Los Angeles on or before the 31st
Te Entertainment Tonight/Rock Report/Two on the Town footage was shot while the band was conducting full stage rehearsals at the Francis Ford Coppola’s Zoetrope Studios in Hollywood back in december '81.

_________________
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Supposed to be new footage....
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:37 am 
Mass Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:42 pm
Posts: 4425
Hey i'm surprised at the lack of interest on here....It must cost more to put the lights on...Come on people kick off a discussion of some kind... Or even dig out an old thread out the archives....zzzzzzzzzzZZZZzzzz!!!!!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Supposed to be new footage....
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:29 pm 
Cool Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:34 pm
Posts: 129
Location: At home
GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:
Hey i'm surprised at the lack of interest on here....It must cost more to put the lights on...Come on people kick off a discussion of some kind... Or even dig out an old thread out the archives....zzzzzzzzzzZZZZzzzz!!!!!



In the new footage why do the soundboards sound so bad ??

It seems like the only concerts that sound crystal clear are Southampton and the tribute with a partial exception that is the Montreal flower hour,

Who ever miced Randy's cab didn't do as good of a job, every soundboard besides the ones I have mentioned have a thin non raw amp tone sound, not to mention that the keyboards Are very overpowering on a lot of soundboards


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Supposed to be new footage....
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:32 am 
Mass Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:42 pm
Posts: 4425
That's down to the FOH PA if you notice Randy would only have one cab miced up.. So the general mix would be drums keyboards, vocals, bass and lead guitar.. i know Randy would always mention after a gig to fans what was the sound like etc..Plus his 4X12 ended up as side fill monitors with the diary stage. So the majority of the FOH sounmd was probably poor at best...


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Supposed to be new footage....
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:34 pm 
Mass Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2006 8:16 pm
Posts: 1050
Yeah I have seen most of that before. It's definitely in better condition though. Thanks.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 13 posts ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
twilightBB Style by Daniel St. Jules of Gamexe.net